I just got my PlayBook back from RIM, after they did an RMA same unit repair.
    My PlayBook feels brand new--smoother on the outside, different feeling volume buttons, more pronounced thin rubber strip between the touch sensitive bezel and the dark grey bezel on the outside. I don't know if they replace the housing, but my camera lens and the BlackBerry logo on the back both had the blue protective film over them.

Anyways, I did a full restore of all my data, finally put my MacBook away and got back to using my PlayBook, and I've noticed that when going from landscape to portrait mode or vice versa, there seems to be a little bit more of a lag than from before I sent my PlayBook to RIM. The serial number on my PlayBook is the same as when I sent it, so I know it's the same one.. (also RIM's website said it was a "same unit repair" when I checked).

Does it take a while for my PlayBook to settle down or something (like a leaked BlackBerry OS allegedly does)? When I'm in the web browser is when I notice the lag most. The best I can explain it is...imagine 2 pieces of paper, a white one on top (web page) and a black one behind it, both in "portrait." Now If I switch from portrait to landscape, the white paper (web browser) would flip and I'd see the black paper behind it.

This isn't really a huge deal... it's just I've had a PlayBook since May, and it has always been really snappy, and now this lag is noticeable..and annoying..
    Last edited by SK122387; 02-11-12 at 03:48 PM.
    02-11-12 03:46 PM
    I have always had about a one second delay. I figured it was built like that to keep from switching to easily.
    Is the delay any longer then a one count?
    02-11-12 04:00 PM
    i think it's a screen reorientation delay, lag, or response time that is a factor of the OS. Like Chaddface, I've always had a 1-2 second delay switching from landscape to portrait and vice versa. I do experience the same white/black paper effect that you describe. It has always seemed normal to me.

Need For Speed, on the other hand, reacts instantaneously to the accelerometer.
    02-11-12 04:13 PM
    Experiencing the 1-2 sec lag when switching too but like chaddface i think it was made on purpose to prevent ''miss-switching''. All good in nfs too, accelerometer is working instant. I've always had the white/black paper thing too.

Maybe give us a video to see if we are talking about the same thing
    Last edited by Drashak; 02-11-12 at 04:44 PM.
    02-11-12 04:40 PM
    Maybe it'll be fixed in OS2. LOL
    02-11-12 05:08 PM
    The lag is just a quick second, I was playing NFS and I see that it works fine and normal there. I guess I'll have to look at the little lag as a "feature" and not a "flaw"
    02-11-12 05:21 PM
    I just got my PlayBook back from RIM, after they did an RMA same unit repair.
    My PlayBook feels brand new--smoother on the outside, different feeling volume buttons, more pronounced thin rubber strip between the touch sensitive bezel and the dark grey bezel on the outside. I don't know if they replace the housing, but my camera lens and the BlackBerry logo on the back both had the blue protective film over them.

i had the same thing... but when I checked the serialnumber printed on the housing - it was the same - and when booting up - the device still show the same serial...
    for me it looks as if the glass has changed..

Does anyone know what is actually changed when a "same device" repair is done?
    02-11-12 09:40 PM
    Does anyone know what is actually changed when a "same device" repair is done?

I'm curious about this as well. I have absolutely no proof of this, but I'm almost tempted to believe that our internals are swapped out and put into new exterior hardware... this way, our same serial numbers would still NOT qualify for the 90 day free support. Also, I'm guessing some exterior damage is done when opening up the PlayBook, if they do open them up to switch out a part. This could explain why our exteriors look new, but our serial number is the same. My screen for sure feels new. I'm not complaining at all, I definitely do not mind a new-feeling PlayBook
    02-11-12 11:17 PM
    I have this same issue, but mine takes about 5-6 seconds before it turns. I'm not worried about it though as I feel that it'll all be better with 2.0 anyway. If it's not, I'll deal with it then.
    02-11-12 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD