Hello,

When tring to connent my Playbook via a cabel with my PC and start working with Media Sync or files the info pops up: a problem occurred while attempting to connect to your Blackberry device".
    Is any of you knows what caused the problem?

PC does nor see PB either.
    02-09-13 06:21 AM
    Hello,

When tring to connent my Playbook via a cabel with my PC and start working with Media Sync or files the info pops up: a problem occurred while attempting to connect to your Blackberry device".
    Is any of you knows what caused the problem?

PC does nor see PB either.
    Just a thought. This has happened to me several times. I have several cables for bb devices and the all basically look the same. Some are charging cables and some are data cables. The data cables I have bother charge from the usb port and transfer data. The others will only charge the pb and give exactly the results you describe. First port of call for me would be try a different cable. It works for me everyone.
    02-09-13 06:45 AM
    First port of call for me would be try a different cable.
    I've already done it. I used the one from the PB box.
    I do not have another one :-(
    02-09-13 06:49 AM
    I've already done it. I used the one from the PB box.
    I do not have another one :-(
    Ok then.

1. What OS are you connecting to, Windows or Mac?
    2. If Windows which version?

We will go from there.
    02-09-13 07:11 AM
    Windows 7
    OS 2.1.0.1314
    02-09-13 07:31 AM
    I have this same issue so i am going to evesdrop on the conversation ! I have mixed up all my BB cables but have the same reaction with all .

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 until my kick a$$ BB10 is released ! I'm stickin with RIM til one of us dies.
    02-09-13 07:49 AM
    How did you solve your problem??
    02-09-13 08:03 AM
    Windows 7
    OS 2.1.0.1314
    My son had the same problem with Windows 7. It comes from the drivers that it uses. My work around was:

1. Delete bb desktop manager.
    2. Restart the pc/laptop, my son has a laptop.
    3. Download bb DTM from BlackBerry and reinstall.
    4. Open DTM and change settings to auto start DTM when bb device connected.
    5. Close DTM and reopen.
    6. Connect pb and after DTM opens you should receive a message about new drivers loading.
    7. Let the new drivers load and if you are lucky, the phone will now connect.
    8. If it doesn't connect you will get the same error message, just restart DTM

You will know if you are going to be successful in connecting because unless you have changed your default settings windows will open the auto player and ask you what you want to do ie open files browse etc etc. You will also be able to see your pb displayed under the listing that you use to check your hard drives directories etc.

Please let me know how you go on and feel free to pm me if you want to.

As I said the issue is with Windows 7 and not your pb. It's not an issue for me as I have several versions of Windows running at home and I only have issues with Windows 7.
    02-09-13 08:08 AM
    i don't bother with desktop manager--i just make sure there is no browser open when i plug it in--your computer should detect usb connection and map it to drive "Z"---i tried WiFi mapping but it was way too slow---oops . i just realized you are using windows 7--i am using xp
    02-09-13 08:21 AM
    Start by verifying device manager (with pb connected via usb) for any problems.
    02-09-13 08:48 AM
    i don't bother with desktop manager--i just make sure there is no browser open when i plug it in--your computer should detect usb connection and map it to drive "Z"---i tried WiFi mapping but it was way too slow---oops . i just realized you are using windows 7--i am using xp
    I know what your saying and it's right. I have XP and vista and do not have a problem. It's just Windows 7 that's a problem. When this happens you can't normally even detect the USB connection and doesn't map the pb. I did once get the laptop to map the pb once and I used it for a while like that, but it's just not me to accept fact that something should work but doesn't so I had to play. Initially I deleted and installed DTM three times before the pb Windows 7 finally gave in and told me I had the wrong drivers loaded. After that everything was fine but you will find not unusually that Windows 7 and 8 come to that are falling into the same hole as everything else. I digress slightly but certain companies are siding with each other and you will find this happening more and more. Microsoft are now linked with Nokia so as bb users what can we expect do you think? Software will only run seamlessly on windows if they allow you to have complete access to their source code in full. I have seen this so many times between Intel/Microsoft and other processor manufacturers and they are not given full access. Therefore their products will 'RUN' on Windows but it's not fully compatible.

OMG where did all that come from? I will get slated for these comments but I'm used to it.
    02-09-13 08:49 AM
    OMG where did all that come from? I will get slated for these comments but I'm used to it.
    You're putting too much importance into yourself - reading yourposts is like listening to the same record over and over. With time one stops paying attention to the persistent noise. lol
    Cracklen likes this.
    02-09-13 08:59 AM
    You're putting too much importance into yourself - reading yourposts is like listening to the same record over and over. With time one stops paying attention to the persistent noise. lol
    Ouch!
    02-09-13 09:53 AM
    My son had the same problem with Windows 7. It comes from the drivers that it uses. My work around was:

1. Delete bb desktop manager.
    2. Restart the pc/laptop, my son has a laptop.
    3. Download bb DTM from BlackBerry and reinstall.
    4. Open DTM and change settings to auto start DTM when bb device connected.
    5. Close DTM and reopen.
    6. Connect pb and after DTM opens you should receive a message about new drivers loading.
    7. Let the new drivers load and if you are lucky, the phone will now connect.
    8. If it doesn't connect you will get the same error message, just restart DTM
    Above steps did not solve the problem :-(
    02-09-13 09:55 AM
    Above steps did not solve the problem :-(
    Sorry you are now on your own. I was only relating exactly the same problem I suffered and how I resolved it. As a suggestion try asking ask StanWiz for help!

He seems to be a helpful member of this forum?
    02-09-13 10:04 AM
    silly question but have you rebooted your playbook lately?
    02-09-13 10:47 AM
    I regulary switch off and on playbook.
    Is it what did you mean?
    02-09-13 10:51 AM
    restart completely not just standby sometimes when i have connection issues , i restart both my pc and pb --helps sometimes--playbook and windows dont play nice together at all
    02-09-13 12:31 PM
    Did not help either :-(
    02-09-13 01:27 PM
    One more thing,
    while connecting to PC and choose dismiss for connected to computer PB is not being charged either :-(
    02-10-13 02:44 AM
    I messed about with DM on a Win 7 64 bit machine and just could not connect. In frustration I uninstalled DM. I plugged the PB into the PC and it recognized it straight away, mapped it to Z drive and I have not had a problem connecting or syncing since. Give it a try it worked great for me.
    02-10-13 03:17 AM
    When you go to connect to Desktop manager via usb switch off wifi and bluetooth.
    02-10-13 07:38 AM
    One more thing,
    while connecting to PC and choose dismiss for connected to computer PB is not being charged either :-(
    playbook will still charge through computer usb but very slow--even though the playbook says it will not charge , it will but very slowly----no chance you are using the wrong usb cord and that is causing your connectivity issues
    02-10-13 08:27 AM
    I messed about with DM on a Win 7 64 bit machine and just could not connect. In frustration I uninstalled DM. I plugged the PB into the PC and it recognized it straight away, mapped it to Z drive and I have not had a problem connecting or syncing since. Give it a try it worked great for me.
    Still nothing :-(

When you go to connect to Desktop manager via usb switch off wifi and bluetooth.
    I switched them off.

playbook will still charge through computer usb but very slow--even though the playbook says it will not charge , it will but very slowly----no chance you are using the wrong usb cord and that is causing your connectivity issues
    I use the cable from pbk box now, before used a one from bb. No changes.
    02-10-13 08:49 AM
    well I'm out of ideas---maybe you need to buy a Samsung--i bet they are more compatible with windows 7--i am thinking about a galaxy note but i am afraid of battery life problems--seems to be a big issue with a lot of android devices
    02-10-13 08:54 AM
30 12