We have a regular Kobo e-reader with the 100 free books on it and books we have purchased. What we would like to do is to transfer some of the books we have purchased (and the odd free one) from the Kobo e-reader to the PB. I believe that the first step is to get the books out of the Kobo to the PC, and then from the PC to the PB. It is the first step I am uncertain about. Does anyone have any ideas?

johnreid
    01-01-12 03:10 PM
    I don't have a Kobo account, so not sure how it works, but can't you open the Kobo reader in Playbook and download from Kobo books you have already bought from them?
    01-01-12 03:13 PM
    Just tap on the Kobo icon on your Playbook, sign in as you have before, and all the books on your e-Reader will automatically download onto your Playbook. Simple, eh?
    01-01-12 03:31 PM
    It's been a long time since I used the Kobo ereader but I do recall there being a "library" that was strictly associated with my account.

That said, I have purchased books through kobobooks.com and I download them via Adobe Digital Editions. They are stored on my hard drive and while I can't offhand recall which directory ADE uses, it isn't difficult to find.

I would think that either your online Kobo library or ADE would be sources for the books themselves.

I don't know if ADE recognizes the PB but if you have trouble using your Kobo account, a call to Kobo support should provide you with answers. I always found them to be very helpful.
    01-01-12 03:39 PM
    Just tap on the Kobo icon on your Playbook, sign in as you have before, and all the books on your e-Reader will automatically download onto your Playbook. Simple, eh?
    Exactly right I had a previous Kobo account and when I got the PB, opened the Kobo app, signed in, my previously purchased books loaded to my library.
    01-01-12 04:05 PM
    The current Kobo Reader on the pb does NOT allow you to sideload books - in other words you canNOT move them from the pc the pb. You have to get them again by going to your library on the pb.
    01-01-12 06:18 PM
    Kobo will open your library when you sign in to your account .. YOUR books are available on all platforms whenever abnd wherever you sign in .. Kobo ereader, Playbook, PC or any other device you might be using.
    01-01-12 06:21 PM
    Thanks to all for the information. Its a real help.

johnreid
    01-01-12 08:18 PM
    Just as a point of interest I tried to set up an account with Kobo when I was travelling and was told by Kobo it was not possible to set it up when I was not in the US. So I went elsewhere.
    01-01-12 09:44 PM
    Interesting fact about Kobo, if you have the app on your PB, your phone, on your Kobo e-reader, and on your PC, and say, you are reading a book on your iPhone, and then you bookmark it...well, your other devices will notify you that you have been reading a book on one of your other devices and will ask you if you want your other device(s) bookmark to be updated to reflect the new bookmark.
    01-02-12 07:50 AM
    Interesting fact about Kobo, if you have the app on your PB, your phone, on your Kobo e-reader, and on your PC, and say, you are reading a book on your iPhone, and then you bookmark it...well, your other devices will notify you that you have been reading a book on one of your other devices and will ask you if you want your other device(s) bookmark to be updated to reflect the new bookmark.
    Its a great feature. The Kindle app does this as well. Was reading a book last evening on my PB. Just opened it on my Nexus...

alnamvet68 likes this.
    01-02-12 09:04 AM
    Its a great feature. The Kindle app does this as well. Was reading a book last evening on my PB. Just opened it on my Nexus...

Click to view quoted image
    "Scott's 4th ANDROID!!!!!" Hmmm.....
    01-02-12 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD