How do i close a book or remove the bookmark?

Thx.
    01-06-12 06:03 PM
    Not sure if this answers your question but swipe down from top bezel, at top left corner click image of books, which takes you to your bookshelf.
    01-06-12 06:18 PM
    To remove the bookmark, you just tap the dog ear and it goes away. To close a book, do what Mureed said.
    01-06-12 06:20 PM
    Actually, I've had a problem with Kobo, too.

Get to the end of a book, and it still shows it as "in progress", with a bookmark left on the last page.

Yes, it can be closed, but this is a bit of an odd problem, if you ask me.
    01-06-12 06:27 PM
    the bookmark im getting is a green ribbon in the top left corner. dogear doesnt seem to make it go away. the book keeps showing the greenribbon in the library. says the book is not finished.
    01-06-12 07:18 PM
    the bookmark im getting is a green ribbon in the top left corner. dogear doesnt seem to make it go away. the book keeps showing the greenribbon in the library. says the book is not finished.
    So, did you finish reading the book, and the green ribbon still shows up?
    01-06-12 07:20 PM
    Actually, I've had a problem with Kobo, too.

Get to the end of a book, and it still shows it as "in progress", with a bookmark left on the last page.

Yes, it can be closed, but this is a bit of an odd problem, if you ask me.
    how did u get the bookmark to go away?
    01-06-12 07:20 PM
    just played around with it some more and as soon as u open a book the green ribbon bookmark shows up when u close it.
    01-06-12 07:27 PM
    The green ribbon disappears when you have really, really read the whole book; not a few paragraphs from chapter 1, and the last paragraph in the last chapter. You can't cheat the green ribbon.
    01-07-12 06:15 PM
    Actually, you CAN "cheat the green ribbon." I finished a book and still had the green ribbon appearing after getting all the way through a book. If you swipe down from the top bezel while in the book, the progress slider will appear along the bottom bezel. Simply slide the slidercall the way to the left, then touch the icon in the upper left corner to return to your library. The green ribbon should now be gone.
    01-07-12 08:24 PM
    Tried turning all the pages to the end as well as using the slider method and I still have a green bookmark in one of my books. When I check my progress it says the book is 99% complete even tho there aren't any more pages. Figure it may just be a quirk with some books. Annoying but not a tragedy I guess.
    01-07-12 10:24 PM
    Click on CONTENTS, then COVER PAGE (or just COVER) then close book and green ribbon should be gone.
    01-07-12 10:38 PM
    Click on CONTENTS, then COVER PAGE (or just COVER) then close book and green ribbon should be gone.
    This worked. Thanks.

Next question......how do you delete a book from your library?
    01-08-12 12:14 AM
    Worked like a charm. Now why didn't I think of that? Thanks!
    01-08-12 11:44 AM
    This worked. Thanks.

Next question......how do you delete a book from your library?
    Touch & hold the book in your library you want to remove & an option to remove it should pop up.
    01-08-12 11:47 AM
    Bless you!! I had bookmarks all over the place and they were driving me crazy. My level of insanity has decreased.

Thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by MrsEmpress00; 06-28-12 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Fixing typos
    06-28-12 09:07 AM
    One year later and I still can't close a book! And I DO read down to the very last page and not bookmark it either ... I have about 100 books open right now and it's getting to be a problem. The connecting port from my playbook to my laptop broke months ago so I also can't hook it up for any other help. Help!
    08-08-13 10:01 AM
    Help!
    Read this thread.
    08-08-13 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD