Got a 4glte playbook for Christmas...hooked up wifi...downloaded some Kobo books.....cannot read books unless connected to wifi????.....not happy on plane heading to Florida???
    Thanks for your help
    01-15-13 09:33 AM
    I _THINK_ you should be able to read those books without any connection. I know that I've done it in the past but don't use Kobo very much. I don't know if the 4glte model acts differently.

Okay, I just opened Kobo for the first time in ages and for the first time since I did Security Wipe a week or so ago. I got two new books for free just now. I went to my Library and the books there had to download (watched progress). After about 10 were downloaded. I closed Kobo, I turned off wifi. I opened it and went to Library and opened a book. But again, mine is solely wifi, so yours may be different.
    01-15-13 11:15 AM
    Got a 4glte playbook for Christmas...hooked up wifi...downloaded some Kobo books.....cannot read books unless connected to wifi????.....not happy on plane heading to Florida???
    Thanks for your help
    You didn't by chance "sign out" of your Kobo account? That would make your books unavailable to you until you signed back in AND redownloaded them. As F2 said, with the wifi only version once the books have been downloaded you can read them offline no problem and I can't imagine the 3G version is any different. Only other thing I can think of is if the books weren't fully downloaded before you cut off internet access.
    01-15-13 07:21 PM
    I have no problems getting to my books while off wifi (and that means both Kobo and Kindle).

Reboot the PlayBook and make sure you don't sign out. That's all I can think about right now.
    01-15-13 07:59 PM