i downloaded books from epub onto my playbook, but i can't open it once the book is downloaded.....what am i doing wrong?
    03-20-12 05:12 PM
    If the books were not purchased or downloaded from Kobo, the Kobo app will not open them.

You need one of the Epub book reader apps from AppWorld. Check in the top seller section of AppWorld and I think the most popular reader is there, maybe called Epub book reader.
    03-20-12 05:17 PM
    i downloaded books from epub onto my playbook, but i can't open it once the book is downloaded.....what am i doing wrong?
    Did you get the epub books from Kobo?

the current Playbook Kobo does not support DRM Free books, and you MUST download the books from within the Kobo reader... - and it can not use other epub books either...

also - IF you get into any trouble with the books - forget about refunds - all they can give you after months of waiting is a Kobo in-store rebate to use for other books.

I downloaded a preview of a book - i liked it - so I purchased it - only to realize that the full book could not be downloaded. it took Kobo 3 months to "find out" that the book in question was a DRM free book - and would not work on the Playbook. I could log-in from Windows and download the .epub file - but only to view with other readers - since Kobo playbook reader can not open those files...

crappy software
    03-20-12 07:15 PM
    That's poorly done. That was one of the reasons to get a Kobo over a Kindle.
    03-20-12 08:38 PM
    I wanted to dl books from epubbud.com .....there goes that idea....anyone has free software to convert epub to pdf?
    03-21-12 04:04 PM
    You could do it online at Convert Files - free online file converter and YouTube video downloader.Convert videos, audio files, documents and ebooks.. No software installed needed , just an internet connection.
    03-21-12 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD