I'm going on holiday and I'm going to buy a usb stick to put some movies on it to use it on the playbook. Anyone has some experience with the Wi drive working with the playbook?
    07-20-12 04:49 PM
    Pretty sure there are.

You should do a search and see lots of people have commented about it..
    07-20-12 09:33 PM
    I was hoping someone would ask this. My still get one for my iOS devices.
    07-20-12 10:13 PM
    I used it, and my playbook can download file from wi drive using browser. But Playbook cannot streaming file from wi drive like ios and android.
    07-21-12 12:03 AM
    I used it, and my playbook can download file from wi drive using browser. But Playbook cannot streaming file from wi drive like ios and android.
    So how long would it take to download a 200mb file?
    07-21-12 12:12 AM
    The Seagate GoFlex Satellite 500GB WiFi External Hard Drive does allow streaming with the BlackBerry PlayBook once the latest firmware for the hard drive is installed on the Seagate GoFlex Satellite 500GB WiFi External Hard Drive. Though the Kingston Wi looks a bit sleeker in its form factor.
    Zildjian71 likes this.
    07-21-12 12:47 AM
    I did an intensive search on google and on the crackberry forums but did not find any good anwsers on the wi drive. The go flex is a too expensive and i don't need 500 gb on the go. 16 or 32 gb will do.

Thx! Thats what i wanted to know. If i can swap movies and files around thats grreat!
    07-21-12 05:31 AM
    Nice, its the first time i'm seeing this

How does this work? Wifi Share enabled and Air Browser(for example)?

How much does that Kingston Hard Drive cost? And the other one?

Since my PB is only 16gb this would come in handy

Pedro

Sent from a beautiful but old BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    07-21-12 05:47 AM
    Apparently you can use the browser. I just found a 16 gb for 42€ @ my local pc store with free shipping. It cost a lot more on amazon.co.uk and amazon.de.
    07-21-12 06:05 AM
    Tks

I just searched it online and its priced 89 with taxes.

But its kind of a turn off when u see " Kingston Wi drive for Ipad" lolol

Sent from a beautiful but old BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    07-21-12 06:19 AM
    yeah, it doesn' t say it supports the playbook anywhere on the kingston site. but I'm probably going to order it and post my findings here.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    07-21-12 11:12 AM
    So how long would it take to download a 200mb file?
    I tried download 300mb file from my wi drive it need almost 1 minute. You can see on my screen capture
    Hawnz likes this.
    07-21-12 09:14 PM
    Just picked one of these up, for the Kindle Fire HDs in the house, but started to look into use cases with the Playbook. I can connect to the drive, but it tried to make me login, and fails to pull up the authentication page. (Note: I don't have any security settings/parameters active on the Wi-Drive, currently; not sure why it wants me to login to begin with) Any ideas?

Also, has anyone tried converting the free Android APK into a Bar file for sideloading??? I haven't been able to find anything via search/google.
    01-04-13 03:56 PM
    Just figured it out...had to disable the Bluetooth/Bridge connection. Browser works, as does the BAR that I converted from the APK file (streams/plays video via Android and everything!)
    01-04-13 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD