Hi,

Anyone know of an app (or a 'work-round)' that will read-out Kindle book files? I was just thinking on the way to work this morning, it would be nice if my Playbook could read my book out to me whilst I was driving...

Chris.
    01-29-13 03:50 AM
    If you convert the book files to PDF or DOC or TXT, there are a couple of apps, Repligo Reader (for PDFs) or PDF to Speech (all) that will let you do this. Both need to be sideloaded.
    ChrisMay likes this.
    01-29-13 04:50 AM
    Some of the Kindle books have audio built in. I have such books on my original Kindle. All I did was scroll down the page when reading about the book at the Kindle Store. Below Customer Reviews it says Sales Rank. Below that it says Text to Speech : Enabled if there is audio. You can switch between the two on my original Kindle.
    01-29-13 12:48 PM
    Some of the Kindle books have audio built in. I have such books on my original Kindle. All I did was scroll down the page when reading about the book at the Kindle Store. Below Customer Reviews it says Sales Rank. Below that it says Text to Speech : Enabled if there is audio. You can switch between the two on my original Kindle.
    I suspect that the work around that he was looking for was not to buy a Kindle.
    ChrisMay likes this.
    01-29-13 02:21 PM
    If has the Kindle app he should be able to get books with speech.
    01-29-13 03:03 PM
    My work around may be a bit involved, but.... I use Calibre on my PC to manage my ebooks. Calibre will convert mobi files (Kindle) to epubs. I have the Kindle app, Book Reader app and Moon + Reader Pro (sideloaded) app. Moon + Reader has a TTS (text to speech) feature that will read any epub. The speech is computer generated, but it works.
    ChrisMay and shakingthrough like this.
    01-29-13 03:06 PM
    well, the. newish kkndle paperwbite does not support sound at all!!!
    01-29-13 11:41 PM