I sent a request and got a response from Amazon regards the Kindle for Playbook Player. I thought you'd all enjoy both.

My request:
    Your Name:Scott
    Other info:Outright Lie to Playbook users
    Comments:I'd really like to know why you promised a Kindle player for the Blackberry Playbook, never delivered it for us Playbook users, except to steal the Playbook device for yourself and sell it? As someone who bought a Playbook with every intention of using Kindle on my device, why should I ever consider using Amazon for my future purchases now that I know you are completely willing to not deliver on your promise to me. I do appreciate your time in reading and hopefully answering my question. (Incidentally, I also have a Kindle device, but am not sure I will turn it on anymore after what you have done over the last year in regards the Blackberry community. Especially now that you are acting like Apple.)
    ---------------

Their response:

Hello,

I apologize for any misunderstanding.

Kindle for BlackBerry Playbook is not yet available. However, we are working on this application and this will be available soon. You can view our Kindle apps currently available and discover when we�ve released Kindle for BlackBerry Playbook by following the link below:

Amazon.com: Free Kindle Reading Apps

I've also forwarded your message to the Kindle development team. Customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve the service we provide, and we're glad you took time to write to us. The Kindle Team will carefully review your comments.

Thanks for your interest in Kindle.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-21-11 09:59 AM
    The never really answered your question; just a pacifist's response there
    10-21-11 10:02 AM
    Outright Lie to Playbook users
    Comments:I'd really like to know why you promised a Kindle player for the Blackberry Playbook, never delivered it for us Playbook users, except to steal the Playbook device for yourself and sell it? As someone who bought a Playbook with every intention of using Kindle on my device, why should I ever consider using Amazon for my future purchases now that I know you are completely willing to not deliver on your promise to me.
    Amazon stole the Playbook device?
    10-21-11 10:03 AM
    Incredibly hilarious.

I did a double take, particularly since I was under the impression that they stole Buckingham Palace.
    10-21-11 10:17 AM
    Obviously not physically. The Amazon device is eerily similar to the PB. I heard somewhere that during the inital development, some Amazon big whig said something about using the PB as a basis for their design. (Feel free to link that, it was posted on CB)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-11 10:18 AM
    Look at the Amazon Fire design, and which company built it for them and you will understand

10-21-11 10:19 AM
    That's exactly the same response they gave someone else many months ago when they asked about the PlayBook status. I suspect it's in some knowledge base at their helpdesk somewhere... if you want a real answer to your question, send it to the CEO.
    10-21-11 10:19 AM
    The never really answered your question; just a pacifist's response there
    Yeah, just a typical customer service response of "we're working on it, while we ignore the majority of what you said."
    10-21-11 10:21 AM
    Shame on them for responding to your hostility in such a kind manner. Shame I say.
    LOL. I thought Amazon did will. Response macros have their uses.
    10-21-11 10:28 AM
    I see amazon decision makers have learned from RIM... "always say soon..."

oldtimeBBaddict and ahsomsid like this.
    10-21-11 10:28 AM
    That's exactly the same response they gave someone else many months ago when they asked about the PlayBook status. I suspect it's in some knowledge base at their helpdesk somewhere... if you want a real answer to your question, send it to the CEO.
    Check the app forum you will see that response from Amazon post like a hundred times. I can say I have received it at least 3 times.
    10-21-11 10:31 AM
    Yeah, well when I go to the location to download it says my 9930 is NOT supported! WTF?
    10-21-11 10:36 AM
    Straight out of "How to Win Friends and Influence People." Did you honestly expect a personal or helpful reply after sending them an e-mail like that? Funny though, hope it was cathartic for you.
    10-21-11 10:37 AM
    I see amazon decision makers have learned from RIM... "always say soon..."

well RIM is at least doing some good then.....hopefully Amazon won't take all of RIMs advices and derail their Kindle fire that would be effing hilarious !!
    Kevin_M likes this.
    10-21-11 10:38 AM
    He's frustrated, as many of us are! They took design cues from the Playbook, and they used the same manufacturer, who most likely used some of the same parts. However the Kindle Fire is a vastly different device. It has an Android like OS (Android Lite), and it's missing other features that the PB has such as the cameras and bluetooth. I'm sure there are many other internal differences as well. BUT lookswise they are very similar.
    10-21-11 10:42 AM
    I sent a request and got a response from Amazon regards the Kindle for Playbook Player. I thought you'd all enjoy both.
    My request:
    Your Name:Scott
    Other info:Outright Lie to Playbook users
    Comments:I'd really like to know why you promised a Kindle player for the Blackberry Playbook, never delivered it for us Playbook users, except to steal the Playbook device for yourself and sell it? As someone who bought a Playbook with every intention of using Kindle on my device, why should I ever consider using Amazon for my future purchases now that I know you are completely willing to not deliver on your promise to me. I do appreciate your time in reading and hopefully answering my question. (Incidentally, I also have a Kindle device, but am not sure I will turn it on anymore after what you have done over the last year in regards the Blackberry community. Especially now that you are acting like Apple.)

Dear Scott,
    You will get the kindle for playbook very soon* in sixty days or next summer/fall/winter etc.

*Disclaimer - You will get the kindle app for playbook when you get it. You can wait 60 days for the kindle app on playbook. If we are unable to provide it within 60 days please consider the previous statement to be non factual or non-binding. You might get it next summer or early fall depending on which comes first. If fail again please consider the previous statement to be non factual or non-binding as well. But be sure to know you have the best app that you never had or might have had, had he made it for you.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    10-21-11 11:08 AM
    If the Amazon Fire is based off of the Playbook, then should RIM abandon the Playbook, then there's a better chance of getting an Android kernel dump to port Android over to the Playbook.
    10-21-11 11:31 AM
    I got the same vague response from amazon, I'm quite sure they'll be setting up an auto respond for all PlayBook related enquiries soon. Doesn't matter anyway, several guys in the community have set up the android version with OS2 and some have reported amazingly smooth operations with all functions active.
    10-21-11 12:30 PM
    Your could just trade your PlayBook In, and get a Kindle Fire for free... Amazon Trade-In Program

Know the hardware on the PlayBook is much better, but with out the Apps and Content...
    CracklePot likes this.
    10-21-11 12:43 PM
    Your could just trade your PlayBook In, and get a Kindle Fire for free... Amazon Trade-In Program

Know the hardware on the PlayBook is much better, but with out the Apps and Content...
    Did not know about that offer. Thanks!

Now I know what to do with my iPad 1.

Just for grins, I selected both a 32 GB Playbook and a 32 GB iPad 1 for trading and noted that the Playbook was over a $100 higher in value for Like New condition!
    10-21-11 12:54 PM
    The kindle for android app works great on the playbook. at the very least that will be a choice when os2 is available to all.
    10-21-11 01:10 PM
    Well at they didn't say "We never said that" like Jimmy B did about the 60 day comment.
    10-21-11 02:34 PM
    I highly doubt they are working on a playbook kindle app at all. If they were, they would of had one released months ago.
    10-21-11 03:05 PM
    Strange thing is there is no reason for them not to. They have an app for other major platforms, so why not the PlayBook specifically?
    10-21-11 03:14 PM
    Strange thing is there is no reason for them not to. They have an app for other major platforms, so why not the PlayBook specifically?
    I think you answered your own question with what Amazon thinks of the Playbook platform.
    10-21-11 03:28 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD