I've been using the Kindle Cloud Reader on my BlackBerry Playbook. As long as I keep it in portrait mode, it works well.

On Wednesday (12/19/12) I applied the new BlackBerry Playbook OS update and restarted the Playbook without problem. That night I fired up Kindle Cloud Reader and was reading my book. However, I tipped the Playbook and it went into landscape mode. So I closed Kindle Cloud Reader and fired it back up in portrait mode. But every time I've tried it since then, I get the Kindle Cloud Reader page and it tells me "Your web browser isn't supported yet". The browsers it supports are Firefox 10+, Chrome 20+, Safari 5+ and Safari (iPad). The "Sign in" button is shaded and I can't click on it.

Is anyone else seeing this problem? Curious that it happened the same day as the BlackBerry OS update, but it was working fine after the OS updated had been applied. had been applied. Is Amazon breaking things that were fixed?

Thanks for any insights. Bill
    12-21-12 12:27 PM
    I have same issue, it works in simplebrowser with user agent set to firefox.
    12-21-12 01:42 PM
    I've been having the same issue
    12-22-12 01:13 PM
    I've been having the same issue
    Which Kindle Cloud reader did you download in first place? I saw something for Blackberry phones and for Android. I have it on my PC.

Any way to convert the files so they will work on Kobo or other book readers? Tried Caliber, but no go on the file I tried even although it was a free book.
    12-22-12 08:06 PM
    Hi kwelamnp. The Kindle Cloud reader doesn't have a download (since Amazon hasn't released a PlayBook app - yet). I had just been using the standard Playbook browser and then on 12/19/12 the Amazon web site said the Playbook Browser isn't on their supported browser list. Also, my kids got Playbooks for Christmas, so before applying the Playbook OS update, I tried going to http://read.amazon.com - and it said the browser wasn't supported as well. So I don't think the Playbook OS update is involved in this problem.

I also tried djenkins6 suggestion with the simplebrowser set to Firefox. I was able to get this to work, but turning the page isn't as smooth. Seems like I have to press the right column and an arrow will appear, then tap that.

It would be nice if the native Playbook browser would work again.

Thanks! Bill
    12-26-12 08:54 AM
    Hi kwelamnp. The Kindle Cloud reader doesn't have a download (since Amazon hasn't released a PlayBook app - yet).

Thanks! Bill
    Thanks for update. No real need for Kindle anyway, so I am not going to think any more about it!

Kobo has any book I may wish to BUY, and any non DRM stuff, I can read on Book Reader for epub etc.
    12-26-12 12:45 PM
    I've side-loaded the Android Kindle reader and it works very well. Do a search for it... it may be an answer for you.
    12-26-12 02:51 PM