This morning i opened my kindle cloud reader on my PB and found errors when trying to open my books.....

"Error while trying to open content, try again later".

Anybody else getting this error?
    Last edited by kb5zht; 02-26-12 at 03:31 PM.
    02-26-12 10:23 AM
    I just tried it and got the same error message. Actually, mine reads "Error Opening Content. An error occurred while opening the selected item. Please try again later."
    02-26-12 12:03 PM
    And I don't think the cloud player site is down since it still works on my PC.
    02-26-12 02:07 PM
    Well well well.... This is interesting. Wonder if now Amazon has blocked the playbook from accessing kindle books.

Edit: I just tried "downloading and pinning" the books, and got the progress bar working fine but then mysteriously you get the same message saying "error opening content", even after you have downloaded the book on your tablet.

Add the kindle to the ever-growing list of products that are being blocked from the playbook.
    Last edited by kb5zht; 02-26-12 at 03:30 PM.
    02-26-12 03:18 PM
    Yes, just like their Instant Videos! Well, some of the Instant Videos still work on the Playbook, and some don't. It appears that none on my kindle books can be read on the Playbook now.
    Last edited by sidekickkdx; 02-26-12 at 04:24 PM.
    02-26-12 04:18 PM
    Kindle cloud definitely does not work on 2.0

you will need to side load the Kindle app. It is working great (for now!)
    02-26-12 04:22 PM
    Actually if you've ever tried to spend any appreciable time with it you'll realize it has never really been exactly..."up."
    02-26-12 04:25 PM
    Actually if you've ever tried to spend any appreciable time with it you'll realize it has never really been exactly..."up."
    True, it was always Quirky and never really did 'pin' your books to your device properly. It was a decent work around if you needed it but now the Kindle app does the job for that.
    02-26-12 04:28 PM
    Kindle cloud definitely does not work on 2.0

you will need to side load the Kindle app. It is working great (for now!)
    I was able to open my books with Amazon Cloud Reader on my PlayBook just five minutes ago.
    02-26-12 05:23 PM
    Worked fine for me, without error, reliably.... Until now.

Only change has been the update to OS 2.0. Would be easy to believe that the new OS crashed it. Figures.
    02-26-12 06:55 PM
    I think since te pb is a direct competitor in size and price, I can see why amazon would try to block it.smh.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-26-12 06:57 PM
    Downloaded content is working like a charm. It is the content on the Cloud that is giving us the error. This is bad, bad, bad. Here is a pic of the error msg that pops up when attempting to access cloud content:
    02-27-12 08:44 AM
    Also tried to open Cloud content using SimpleBrowser+, no luck. This doesn't make any sense, esp after it didn't work with SimpleBrowser+. I tried changing the agent several times, and still got the same exact "error opening content".

Also tried tap and hold, and used the "dnload and pin" option. It dnloaded the book from the Cloud, but still will not allow me to open it. This is frustrating. Need someone smarter than me to look into this.
    02-27-12 09:09 AM
    Bumping this thread. Anyone seeing the same problems with cloud content?
    02-27-12 06:07 PM
    Bumping this thread. Anyone seeing the same problems with cloud content?
    Dude, you're going to have to sideload the Kindle app

It is easy so don't fear it!
    02-27-12 06:11 PM
    I just noticed this problem. This is so lame. Amazon allows this to run on apple devices which are a clear threat competition wise yet blackberry gets screwed.
    03-15-12 11:59 PM
    I just noticed this problem. This is so lame. Amazon allows this to run on apple devices which are a clear threat competition wise yet blackberry gets screwed.
    Playbook is a more direct threat to their Kindle Fire in terms of price and size than iPad, which is why they've done it I reckon.

It may be lame, but I can see why Amazon might see commercial advantage in doing this. It might mean an additional Kindle Fire purchase from someone who wants a backlit reader of that size or who can't justify the price of an iPad.

Just sideload the Kindle App and you'll be reading again in no time.
    03-16-12 03:22 AM
    Playbook is a more direct threat to their Kindle Fire in terms of price and size than iPad, which is why they've done it I reckon.

It may be lame, but I can see why Amazon might see commercial advantage in doing this. It might mean an additional Kindle Fire purchase from someone who wants a backlit reader of that size or who can't justify the price of an iPad.

Just sideload the Kindle App and you'll be reading again in no time.
    Actually I don't think the Playbook is a threat at all since Amazon is selling their Fire at a lost. Why not have people buy another piece of hardware that can fully access all of your for-sale content, ie. videos, music, books, etc. Blackberry doesn't have an ecosystem like Apple does so Playbook users would by default want to purchase their content from Amazon since iTunes really isn't an option. We do see Amazon's music store on the newer BBs. More potential consumers should be a good thing.

Apple on the other hand has an established ecosystem and most people with Apple products would just use iTunes...yet Amazon apps are available. I think just the shear number of iPads, iTouches, and iPhones out there compels third party vendors to get in on the action.

I have since sideloaded the Kindle app which works relatively well although seems slow at bootup.
    03-16-12 04:23 PM
    Ditto, no longer works even with free content...time to also cancel my Amazon prime account.
    03-17-12 08:36 AM
    Ditto, no longer works even with free content...time to also cancel my Amazon prime account.
    Funny, you can buy online books and instant videos, even use their online chat support all from playbook, but can't use them without overt action.

It's easy to think it's intentional, but more likely an accidental perk to Amazon, by tweaking java or something for the Fire, that causes a problem for Playbook.

Refund via chat was pain free ....I wonder how many books they would have refunded?
    Last edited by kjm2010; 03-17-12 at 09:21 AM.
    03-17-12 09:17 AM
    I was using cloud just fine on playbook until foolishly loading OS 2.0 yesterday.Cloud is no longer available.
    I am certain that it was th� cause not an amazon issue. Imm�diately i got th� same error message depicted above.
    How disappointing. Really adds insult to injury with this unfortunate purchase of � playbook.
    That said,

1. How does one get rid of OS 2.0? I suspect one can restore amazon cloud function with th� prior OS version.
    2.what does it m�an to sideload kindle?

Thanks.
    Last edited by auke20; 03-19-12 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    03-19-12 05:19 PM
    I was using cloud just fine on playbook until foolishly loading OS 2.0 yesterday.Cloud is no longer available.
    I am certain that it was th� cause not an amazon issue. Imm�diately i got th� same error message depicted above.
    How disappointing. Really adds insult to injury with this unfortunate purchase of � playbook.
    That said,

1. How does one get rid of OS 2.0? I suspect one can restore amazon cloud function with th� prior OS version.

Thanks.
    For #2 go here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...eloading-f258/
    03-19-12 05:27 PM
    That said,

Thanks.
    If that's true then rim is at fault and not Amazon. Rim obviously changed something in the browser that affected the way it works with Kindle Cloud. Although, it may be a combination of things since it did not initially break with OS2. So amazon also may have tweaked something on their end, too.
    03-19-12 06:43 PM
    Although, it may be a combination of things since it did not initially break with OS2. So amazon also may have tweaked something on their end, too.
    I agree, it wasn't originally broken with OS2, so likely the last straw was an Amazon change. Although Rim and Amazon are likely two ships setting different courses from eachother.
    03-19-12 08:17 PM
    I agree, it wasn't originally broken with OS2, so likely the last straw was an Amazon change. Although Rim and Amazon are likely two ships setting different courses from eachother.
    And possibly lobbing a few mortar rounds at one another!
    kjm2010 likes this.
    03-19-12 09:11 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD