Hey there,

excuse my "not-as-well-as-it-should-be"-English but there are mistakes I cannot avoid
    I just registered because it's a great forum and I frequently read threads here to solve different problems with my BB. I even have the CB App on my Playbook

Well, my problem is as followed:

When I want to know how many space is used or empty on my Playbook and I open the "About"-Tab, in every single line only stands "NaN". The same problem with the Adobe Reader App. But ... when I start my "AIR Browser" App (to manage files on the device) I can see the size of the files and also the empty space of the device. I tried to reset, backup and restore, looking for updates that could fix it, but nothing worked.

Do someone have the same problem or knows what kind of issue that could be?

Another problem that I tried to get rid off is the issue while attempting to buy an app on appworld. The PayPal method works well on my BB 8900 but on my Playbook it fails.
    BTW I dont have any cradit cards to register on PayPal, I also tried a hard reset of the playbook and also 'reallocated' my PayPal account from my old email-address to my old one i've had read that in some cases the removal and re-registraion of the same PayPal account could help, but also in this case ... nothing

I would kiss your feet for some little hints (solution provided )

Here are some uploads to help you understanding me

Attachment 96298 Attachment 96299 Attachment 96300 Attachment 96301 Attachment 96302 Attachment 96303

So far,
    BR
    10-30-11 09:11 AM
    "NaN" stands for "Not A Number" which would imply that there is something wrong with your Playbook memory and the memory size calculation is returning an invalid total ... and that's very strange because your Playbook is obviously working.

I suspect it is a regional display problem. Try switching from "German" to "US English" in the setup screen and see if the problem goes away.

Also maybe try a hard-reset - hold power and volume- and volume+ buttons down together for 10-seconds and release.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 10-30-11 at 09:55 AM.
    10-30-11 09:53 AM
    Just tried a hard reset like I already did to get rid of this PayPal problem (which didn't work). The problem is still the same, also when I try to switch the language and the region.

All in all the tablet works fine except for the named issues.
    What could be the reason for this NaN problem when the playbook itself can't show this information but the AIR Browser do? May that be a software / firmware or even hardware problem? That bothers me

/edit
    btw the Playbook has also problems to show filesizes, the AIR Browser don't. Is that related to a memory size calculation issue? I doubt ...
    Last edited by BlackRay23; 10-30-11 at 10:37 AM.
    10-30-11 10:18 AM
    Have you tried logging into your BB ID from a computer, then switch payment method to something other then paypal and then switch it back to paypal. Wait an hour before accessing app world and see if that works then.
    10-30-11 10:37 AM
    I tried that and got a mail from paypal 'hey, your account is registered for paying at appworld' or something like that. And also waiting and a hard reset didn't solve that problem.
    Oh, i just remembered another problem: appworld on desktop doesn't recognize my connected playbook when i go to "my appworld" (or so). could that problem be related to the NaN thing named above? i hope not, because that would be big big poo ;P
    10-30-11 10:47 AM
    I did think that that NAN problem was the default language but maybe I don't recall correctly.
    10-30-11 11:37 AM
    So you mean that this NaN issue comes from the stadard language that is set to the playbook? I already tested to change the language and region while the playbook is running as well, but after a reboot the language and region was set back to German(y) again.
    Can I even change the default language so that it's not reset to German when the device boots? If so, I could test whether the NaN issue disappears ... I think that problem is also the reason for my other 'problem', that the App World Webstore (desktop) doesn't recognize my connected playbook ...
    10-30-11 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD