I'm not sure what everyone expects from a sales clerk in BestBuy.
    I expect an employee to be able to tell me EXACTLY why a product is garbage and back up his strong comment with good reason.
    02-04-12 07:26 AM
    My last comment is most of the specs are on the price tag card. You're going to have time to mess around with them when there are no customers, so you would know the basic feeling of using the item.
    Such an excellent point. EVERY time I walk into a FS many employees have their faces buried in their phones messaging others etc. I've even had the cashier texting while I swipe my debt card. I highly doubt they are all doing "product research"

Sad part is working at FS/BB is a stepping stone for most younger employees, YIKES!!!
    02-04-12 07:43 AM
    For buying anything at FS or BB that isn't music, movie, or a game, it's much easier to do all the research on the net, maybe end up with a couple of model/brand choices, then go these shops and look at them yourself. Then you either go the 1st salesperson you see (50%chance of being in another dept. & 'unable' to help you), or a customer service desk and get what you want. Or do what I have done a couple times, leave the store now knowing what I want & order it online with in-store pickup. Hassle free that way if you can wait a couple of days. Just remember to say "NO Thanks" to the extended warranty pitch.

Now with the PB in hand, if my next buy will be from these stores, might just order it online while in the store! Or probably go nearby to the Chapters books, get a Starbucks coffee, relax and order from there!
    Last edited by oilgeo10; 02-04-12 at 08:12 AM.
    02-04-12 08:03 AM
    If I've said it once... I've said it a thousand times... STAY AWAY from Best Buy!!! Their employees are as useful as a Bomb Shelter without a can opener!!!

This Public Service Announcement has been brought to you by someone who follows technology!
    They are clueless. This is not PB related but I was just in BBuy yesterday to get virtual surround sound wireless headphones for my PS3 gaming at night when people are asleep. I had already done my homework and settled on the official PS3 headphones made by Sony.

"Are you out of them?"

"Yeah but they're pretty bad" points me towards Turtle Beach brand "these are way better"

"Really? I've been researching gamer sites for weeks before shopping and the majority of the user reviews I've read are saying the exact opposite! Thanks anyway!"

Long story short, I went to Walmart and got my new headphones. Guess what? They're AWESOME! The only good thing I have to say about BBuy is that it's extremely easy to make returns there compared to smaller stores, which is the only reason I buy stuff there. I never ask staff for opinions on anything though because I always go in there more informed than they are.

But yeah, Best Buy has a bad policy of allowing their trained monkeys to vomit out unsolicited and wrong opinions on products.
    02-04-12 08:37 AM
    It wouldn't hurt if everyone posted a review of their device on the FS and BB site's product page.
    BlueRocks likes this.
    02-04-12 09:12 AM
    02-05-12 06:19 PM
    i went to a telus store here in Maple Ridge BC yesterday. They were out of stock but i ended up in a half hour discussion with the sales associate chatting about how we use and how much we love our playbooks. YAY

we also discussed how good a 3G version will be for users and telus
    02-05-12 06:37 PM
    And even more reason for the "Kick and FS/BB Employee day"
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ployee-694994/
    02-06-12 12:36 PM
    i went to a telus store here in Maple Ridge BC yesterday. They were out of stock but i ended up in a half hour discussion with the sales associate chatting about how we use and how much we love our playbooks. YAY

we also discussed how good a 3G version will be for users and telus
    Funny....I went to the Blacks store in the Toronto Eaton Centre today where the sales associate told me "Playbooks are extinct".
    02-06-12 01:41 PM
    It wouldn't hurt if everyone posted a review of their device on the FS and BB site's product page.
    That is a great idea that never crossed my mind. I am off to do that now!
    02-06-12 02:50 PM
    That is a great idea that never crossed my mind. I am off to do that now!
    I am going to do the same. I wonder if I can post links
    02-06-12 02:59 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD