With the latest OS2 update, my PB's keyboard in portrait mode is now officially more favorable than that of my torch 9810. I prefer typing on my PB now.

99xx + PB OS 2 owners, how do you feel?
    01-20-12 10:54 PM
    i have been using mine to take notes during meetings, much more convenient than dragging along my laptop. And yes I use my playbook for BBM and email now 90% of the time now.
    01-21-12 07:26 AM
    ive been looking for a new phone and dont know what to get a bold 9900 or a torch
    01-21-12 08:55 AM
    ive been looking for a new phone and dont know what to get a bold 9900 or a torch
    no contest buy the Bold.
    01-21-12 08:59 AM
    no contest buy the Bold.
    Get a Torch, the Bold has such old fashioned styling that you may as well use a 8330 curve. Its 2012, leave the old fashioned phones behind.
    01-21-12 09:03 AM
    Torch 9850 hands down!! This phone rocks!
    01-21-12 09:21 AM
    I like typing on the pb. I'm using it all the time.

Beautiful device....waiting for OS2
    01-21-12 09:40 AM
    in os2 i saw a video ofthem typing on the pb from the bold .. will that work for the torch as well
    01-21-12 09:53 AM
    Speaking from experience, there's nothing that's perfect at everything. The Bold compromises media and gaming in favor of communication, and the Torch compromises communication in favor of gaming and media. The PlayBook is the same as the Torch in that regard, so if you have a PlayBook get the Bold, since the two devices complement each other to create an amazing combination.
    01-21-12 11:11 AM
    Get a Torch, the Bold has such old fashioned styling that you may as well use a 8330 curve. Its 2012, leave the old fashioned phones behind.
    Comfortably typing at blazing speed on a sleek, gorgeous device will never be old fashioned.
    Flexin likes this.
    01-21-12 11:44 AM
    no contest buy the Bold.
    What is the reason for this? Those are the two phones I'm looking at.

James
    01-21-12 11:46 AM
    The 8330 and 9900 only look the same if you squint with one eye, close the other and then turn off the lights.

Old fashion styling? Maybe to you. To others it would be classic. To each his own. I think its a great looking phone and if it wasn't for the fact I want a large screen I would jump on it. But it is larger then my 9000 so it might do the job now that I have my Playbook. I'm not sure.

James
    01-21-12 11:51 AM
    What is the reason for this? Those are the two phones I'm looking at.

James
    Are you looking at the all touch torch? If so, I just faced the same decision and decided on the Bold. The reason being that I prefer the speed and accuracy of a physical keypad; even if it means sacrificing some screen real estate. I decided that I can use my Bold as a communication device and my Playbook for multimedia on the go. Having a phone with a 3.7" screen is no match for the 7" Playbook. If I didn't have a Playbook I would have gone with the Torch. My advice to you is to pull the trigger on either model and if you're not happy, take it back within 30 days and exchange it for the other one.
    01-21-12 11:57 AM
    I have the torch through Verizon, and I love it. I had problems deciding between the torch and the bold, but I decided to go with the bigger screen.
    01-21-12 12:05 PM
    The Bold has the best keyboard on the market and it also looks like bling. If you type alot get the Bold.

I have the 9800, the phone is great. I would upgrade to the 9810

The upcoming remote feature for the pb will probably work the best with the Bold because you'll have a great keyboard for input.

The 9810 is the better multi-media device and the camera is better, but the 9900 camera is still very good.
    01-21-12 12:52 PM
    I just had to get a new Blackberry for one of our executive members. He could not get used to trying to make calls on the tiny keyboard of his older model Bold. I did not feel he would be technically proficient enough to grasp the 9850 so I got him a 9810 He is happy as a proverbial pig in you know what. I even have him texting finally. Its a pretty good compromise.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-21-12 02:45 PM
    Comfortably typing at blazing speed on a sleek, gorgeous device will never be old fashioned.
    BB sales numbers say otherwise. Touchscreen is the now.
    01-21-12 04:16 PM
    For the most part I don't really care what kind of phone I have anymore because I use the PB for most typing. The phone has become pretty much just a conduit to the internet. I guess I prefer a software keyboard...
    01-21-12 04:17 PM
    BB sales numbers say otherwise. Touchscreen is the now.
    Actually, the curve is still the best selling blackberry followed by the bold. Now, if we are to compare the rest of the market, I would argue that the touchscreen popularity has nothing to do with a dislike of physical keyboards as it has to do with a demand for a mobile multimedia device which requires a large screen. I think if a company could make a truly thin slider, it would trump the all touch designs. I know what the market is like and it has little to do with a preference for virtual keypads. To claim otherwise is to discount the opinion of a huge chunk of the market.
    01-21-12 04:45 PM
    Actually, the curve is still the best selling blackberry followed by the bold. Now, if we are to compare the rest of the market, I would argue that the touchscreen popularity has nothing to do with a dislike of physical keyboards as it has to do with a demand for a mobile multimedia device which requires a large screen. I think if a company could make a truly thin slider, it would trump the all touch designs. I know what the market is like and it has little to do with a preference for virtual keypads. To claim otherwise is to discount the opinion of a huge chunk of the market.

I think you're right. I would instantly love a sleek BB10 slider, larger keys like the Bold 9900 but a slider
    01-21-12 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD