I want to get a blackberry mini keyboard but there have been none available for a while. There are bluetooth keyboards on ebay for 20.

First thing - I don't have anything bluetooth so will they not work for me? (I don't really get what the bluetooth bit is).

If they would are they any good?
    08-16-12 07:57 AM
    Bluetooth is how the keyboard communicates with your playbook wirelessely, your playbook can use bluetooth to use the keyboard, you just have to go to bluetooth under settings, the mini keyboard runs on bluetooth as well.
    wimbly likes this.
    08-16-12 09:10 AM
    20 on Ebay??

Do it at your own risk and then report. If it works, i'll get one myself

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-16-12 09:25 AM
    You should save your money and get one from CrackBerry or RIM I know they are.hard to get but at least you know they will work. The knock off probably doesn't have any guarantee that it will work or last.
    esk369 and wimbly like this.
    08-16-12 09:39 AM
    Move to Canada. Buy from Shop Crackberry Canada site. Wait for delivery. Pack up and move back home.
    08-16-12 09:43 AM
    There are various threads on a variety of bluetooth (bt) keyboards. Some work better than others from what I've read. Similarly, some folks have used bt mice with the pb.
    wimbly likes this.
    08-16-12 10:05 AM
    Thanks all. I do like Vancouver. Bit of a long way though.
    08-16-12 11:55 AM
    20 on Ebay??

Do it at your own risk and then report. If it works, i'll get one myself
    Yes. Direct from China. I only had a quick look so I didn't see if anyone had got one and given good feedback.
    08-16-12 11:56 AM
    Bluetooth is how the keyboard communicates with your playbook wirelessely, your playbook can use bluetooth to use the keyboard, you just have to go to bluetooth under settings, the mini keyboard runs on bluetooth as well.
    Cheers. Lol Didn't realise that was a feature of the playbook.
    08-16-12 11:58 AM
    I bought my convertible case in a portuguese site(but it also came directly from China) and it's great...

But, it's not a mechanic/electronic item, so it's not comparable...

Good luck

sSent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-16-12 12:44 PM
    One of the sellers doesn't have a very good feedback rate so I'll give it a miss. I'll see what people say on here about preferred alternatives to the unobtainable except by moving to Canada one.
    08-16-12 01:25 PM
    Beware of cheap knock offs /cheaply produced products buyer beware.
    Remember you get what you pay for and considering my research into mini keyboards at 20 bucks you will probably get a unless POS just my opinion good luck with it.
    madman0141 likes this.
    08-16-12 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD