When entering a password, the keyboard changes to one with numbers across the top. Has anyone figured out a way to default this keyboard layout for typing in non-password fields. I have looked, but have not found any options to change. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.
    03-20-12 02:01 PM
    There are a few different keyboards but we don't seem to have any options on some of them. They just appear, do their job and disappear. Have you seen this one:
    Last edited by F2; 03-20-12 at 04:14 PM.
    03-20-12 04:10 PM
    No, haven't seen that one yet.
    03-21-12 05:52 AM
    Yep there are no less than three distinct virtual keyboards in use with the BlackBerry PlayBook. Inconsistency run amok by the development team. Maybe they are evaluating these virtual keyboard layouts and using us as lab rats.
    03-21-12 06:50 AM
    The password keyboard pops up because it's usually recommended to use letters and numbers in a password, so it makes perfect sense to "add" the numbers row to the keyboard for this specific task. I guess it's not always enabled because the extra row takes quite a bit of screen estate and typing numbers in regular sentences isn't all that common.
    Chaddface likes this.
    03-21-12 07:18 AM
    There are a few different keyboards but we don't seem to have any options on some of them. They just appear, do their job and disappear. Have you seen this one:
    Only time I have seen that one is when entering a PIN into my contacts.
    03-21-12 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD