I whent to Best Buy to get a Case for my PB. Got myself a Hip Steet leather case and Keyboard. Boy, was I proud !

As soon as I arrived home, I did the procedure, it's pretty basic. It consist on putting the PB in the leather case and turning on the keyboard. Activate the bluetooth and sync them with the code. How hard is that !!!

It worked ! For a couple of seconds and it stoped. The same thing happened again and again. In the booklet it's written that to check if the keyboard is working, you should see a blue light blinking every seconds. Which it did. But when pressing the keys, nothing, I had to touch the PB screen to make sur it was not frozen.

In the end, I am very dissapointed, for 99 $ I was expecting something more steady and reliable. I think that the use of a keyboard with the PB is a great addition. But with that kind of result, it's a major fail !

Anyone else could suggest a brand of keyboard for my PB ??
    01-11-12 03:49 PM
    What OS are you running? Have you tried hard-resetting the Playbook (holding power, vol up, vol dn at the same time)?

I haven't personally attached any bluetooth devices aside from my BBs.
    01-11-12 04:00 PM
    I have the Hip Street keyboard and case - (using it right now while waiting for my flight home from Washington National airport). I'm running the 2.0 beta, and have only experienced the occasional temporary stutter or freeze - nothing that i would consider inconvenient enough to want to stop using it.

Perhaps the enhanced bluetooth version in the beta is making a difference from your experience, or maybe you just have a defective keyboard.
    01-11-12 04:40 PM
    The HipStreet keyboard is horrible When I spoke with the people at Best Buy after I returned mine they said they havent been able to sell one because they always get returned. Horrible product.
    01-11-12 05:31 PM
    Thanks for all the replies, but I did a quick search for the product on amazon and the majority of the comments were bad. Most of them experienced the same problems as I did. connect-disconnect freeze etc...

As for the the version I am running it's 1.0.8.6067 So far other than this issue with the keyboard, I haven't exeprienced any other problems.

Maybe the 2.0 version will fix those problems. As for the Hip Street case and Keyboard, they will return to Best Buy first thing in morning.
    01-11-12 07:59 PM
    01-11-12 08:19 PM
    Yep sorry, I found it later.
    01-11-12 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD