I'm noticing that the predictability of the keyboard on the PlayBook may be actually worse with the latest update. I am finding the keyboard has a serious lag, when compared to the previous OS version. Please let me know your thoughts on these issues.

Posted Via Z10
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    01-22-14 07:26 PM
    What latest update?
    01-22-14 07:29 PM

Posted Via Z10
    01-22-14 07:35 PM
    Nowhere did I mention anything about a leak. I do not use or install a leak. It is an OTA update. I would love to know why you have a problem with me posting two issues I'm having, with two different devices???

Do you not know that the PlayBook does not have anything close to what the Z10 has for an OS?

Are you trying to undermine me? Seriously?

Posted Via Z10
    01-22-14 07:50 PM
    Funny because mine is just fine with the latest update which came out quite a while ago & I use my Playbook daily...Rocking with my Z10 & 64GB Playbook
    01-22-14 07:50 PM
    An issue being had on my PlayBooks, is the fact that when one types on the keyboard, at a steady pace, it sometimes lags behind, then catches up with the one typing.

Also, sometimes you hear the keyboard clicks, but no letters appear in the areas where they should....

Posted Via Z10
    01-22-14 08:45 PM
    It sounds like it's time for you to wipe your Playbook and start off fresh.
    01-22-14 08:49 PM
    I have done this numerous times. It gives the exact same functionality every time. And I'm not an app user per se either.

Posted Via Z10
    01-22-14 08:52 PM
    Do you restore from a backup after wiping?
    01-22-14 09:06 PM
    I personally know about 6 people that have a playbook and all have said the same thing. I experience that issue also.

I have wiped my playbook and it's still happens.

It may be something we have to live with.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-22-14 09:26 PM
    No one is making mention of restoring from a back up. Why would one want to restore a device to a previous state, if they just re installed a complete and fresh OS?
    This would not be logical to do, if we are trying to resolve an issue which is in a present OS. That being said, the backup would have the same issues, so to restore the same issue onto the device would not be logical.

Posted Via Z10
    01-22-14 09:34 PM
    I never said that you made mention of restoring from a backup, I merely asked whether or not you had. Logical or not, many people restore from backups after doing a security wipe, and that's the reason I asked. In any event, I was recently experiencing some keyboard lag, as well as some other issues, and wiping my Playbook completely fixed these issues and eliminated the lag. I'm not alone here, as many others have reported that wiping had brought new life to their playbooks and had them performing like new. You must be one of the unlucky ones.
    Cynycl, kbz1960 and Carl Estes like this.
    01-22-14 09:56 PM
    I don't think luck is related, or has anything to do with a better PlayBook.
    I think the OS is flawed, and once again, not addressed. There is an explanation for everything, and this once again proves my point of unfinished business still present, at BlackBerry.

I also see this same pattern, characteristic or trend, with the Z10's keyboard, and suggests unfinished business with the Z10 as well.

BlackBerry needs to iron out these issues, before moving on to new devices or avenues. It is still making the issue of inconsistencies present in BlackBerry products known. Sad part is, I'm not alone.

Posted Via Z10
    01-22-14 10:04 PM
    I have noticed the same issues you mention, lag and loss of predictability after updating to 2.1.0.1753 . I have to scan the text that I am typing to make sure it is correct, don't recall having to do that on a BB.
    01-22-14 10:42 PM
    Nowhere did I mention anything about a leak. I do not use or install a leak. It is an OTA update. I would love to know why you have a problem with me posting two issues I'm having, with two different devices???

Do you not know that the PlayBook does not have anything close to what the Z10 has for an OS?

Are you trying to undermine me? Seriously?

Posted Via Z10
    WTH are you talking about I only asked what update, mine hasn't had an update in months. I know of no resent update.
    Cynycl and Carl Estes like this.
    01-23-14 05:35 AM
    If you'd keep up to this stuff, you'd know.

Posted Via Z10
    01-23-14 06:14 AM
    If you'd keep up to this stuff, you'd know.

Posted Via Z10
    You're out to lunch. You started attacking kbz1960 when he asked a question about what latest update. If he didn't ask it I was going to, cause there has been no update for the playbook since September last year I think.
    Cynycl, Carl Estes and kbz1960 like this.
    01-23-14 06:19 AM
    I just received a small 3mb update last week, just so you are aware.
    Leave this thread. No one is interested in your arrogance. Consider yourself reported.

Posted Via Z10
    01-23-14 06:22 AM
    Leave this thread. No one is interested in your arrogance. Consider yourself reported.

Posted Via Z10
    Done deal. Good luck getting any help with that attitude. BTW the pb is known for laggy kb constantly off and on at different times. I know mine lags at times then I can go weeks without and next thing it will be back.
    Cynycl likes this.
    01-23-14 06:38 AM

Posted Via Z10
    Lol. You certainly are.

So the 3mb was your update to 2.1.0.1753?
    Carl Estes and Cynycl like this.
    01-23-14 06:38 AM
    LOL, less than 50 posts to offend some of the most knowlegeable and helpful folks on the forum. That might be a new, I'm a jerk record.

probably not tho

I'll consider myself reported
    01-23-14 08:51 AM
    Do you get this problem when typing in apps other than the Browser, such as Docs to Go? When I get it I just assume it is something on the web page interfering, such as sites that try to predict what you are typing and offer suggestions.

The flaw in the PlayBook is that a lot of sites assume it is a full desktop browser and serve up stuff that tax the cpu and slow things down. If there is a mobile version of a site, it will help, but then you loose features.

Origami browser helps a bit, as the adblocker feature can eliminate some of the stuff taking up CPU or interfering with the keyboard.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-23-14 09:13 AM

Posted Via Z10
    It's easier to work with a friend, than acosting them when they try to help you. More folks would be willing to assist, but you're not helping yourself at all, mostly just alienating the folks here than can/may/want be able to help.

You are very quickly reducing that resource.......

Go ahead and report me also.

c
    kbz1960 and Cynycl like this.
    01-23-14 10:24 AM
    I'm noticing that the predictability of the keyboard on the PlayBook may be actually worse with the latest update. I am finding the keyboard has a serious lag, when compared to the previous OS version. Please let me know your thoughts on these issues.

Posted Via Z10
    I think what is drawing most of us to your post is the "latest update" part. It is a common complaint about the PB keyboard otherwise. It's been linked to alot of issues, e.g. updates, browser cache, memory resources, etc. but I don't think anyone knows for sure. I don't experience it much so I'm not sure it is an OS bug or problem. As far as the "recent update" part, I don't think many of us that have not wiped the PB recently have received an OTA update in the last week. The last one was the "flash fix" a couple of month's back. So it's a fair question to ask "what update?". It is not malicious or undermining in anyway but just simple fact gathering or curiosity. These really small updates might be for App World or such and are region specific. So no one is questioning that you got it or dreamed it. So please don't take our questions as personal attacks. We don't know the history of your PB and are really just trying to help.
    kbz1960 and BioDave1955 like this.
    01-23-14 11:00 AM
    Not going to put up with all the attitudes I'm encountering on here. I am a nice person, however, in my experience on here, there seems to be more ignorant people than good ones.

My two cents.

Posted Via Z10
    01-23-14 11:16 AM
39 12