Is there any news on the official Blackberry Playbook keyboard case with track-pad?

Official Bluetooth BlackBerry Mini Keyboard With Trackpad for PlayBook Coming Soon - BerryReview

There was A LOT of buzz that this was going to be released along with the new, and wonderful, OS 2.0. Seems a little stupid that BB didn't release this today also. This would have been very attractive to A LOT of people and would have probably helped to sell A LOT more Playbooks.

Starting to think that this keyboard case doesn't really exist. Anything???
    02-21-12 03:47 PM
    actually i saw it at the source, they had 1 left at the time, was like $80? i didnt buy it though, dont think i need it. i am talking about west edm mall in canada
    02-21-12 03:48 PM
    actually i saw it at the source, they had 1 left at the time, was like $80? i didnt buy it though, dont think i need it. i am talking about west edm mall in canada
    I'm betting you saw the hip street version, it was in Wal mart around the holidays. I had one of the kids pull it out of the box and had a good look. Not the same product at all. Would likely do the job but is not of the same build quality.
    02-21-12 04:13 PM
    There really is no market for it. If it is released it will be rebranded. There are lots of keyboard/cases for 7" tablets that work with PB. If RIM tries to sell one it will only show they haven't learned.
    It's naive to assume there is no market for a thin, quality keyboard case with track pad. Just look how everyone went nuts over the Crackberry video preview of the prototype. Whether or not you want it, is irrelevant.

Many business and/or power users would love the option of a keyboard case for longer form e-mailing, writing, etc. Blackberry made it's name on keyboards!!! The 7" size is not made for two handed typing (such as a Galaxy 10" or iPad).

In addition, there are only a small handful of 7" keyboard cases (plenty of 10") and most of the reviews are horrendous (don't work well cases are bulky) along with the companies generally being off brands that no one have never heard of.

I'm just saying that if RIM released their own (approved) keyboard case for the Playbook, that would give them a major edge over most other 7" tablets that don't have this option. It would have been a good marketing move to sell the Playbook with their new and improved OS 2.0 and a new sleek and functional keyboard case option.

I can't imagine if someone walked into Best Buy and sitting right next to a Playbook was a good looking keyboard case for $75, that they wouldn't sell tons of them.

Anyone else have any news, info or thoughts???
    Last edited by JerryButtons; 02-22-12 at 03:06 PM.
    Zagabog likes this.
    02-22-12 03:02 PM
    I agree, but I'm about to give up on the wait. I have a couple of weeks' worth of work trips coming up in March and I would have loved to have just taken the playbook instead of my clunky rubbish POS laptop that I am supplied, as I need to be able to write emails or edit documents (sorry the BB phone is just not good enough for writing paragraphs' worth of material). I think if I don't see it by the first week of March I'm going to buy the eWonder keyboard case and pair it with a logitech V470 mouse, which will allow for the bezel gestures.

RIM, follow up with your damn product releases already. Tons of people waiting to spend their money on your goods if you'd only come through with them.
    02-22-12 03:32 PM
    Looking for a keyboard case ... do you mean this:

VIA Remote Bridge
    02-22-12 03:51 PM
    with the BB bridge remote control, i don't know if would need a keyboard case like this.
    was about to get one, but since the remote control feature is working flawlessly i will wait out.
    02-22-12 03:54 PM
    Looking for a keyboard case ... do you mean this:

Click to view quoted image

VIA Remote Bridge
    If you can actually comfortably write a one page email responding to a client on a complicated regulatory or product issue using your phone, all the more power to you. Most of us can't, or would prefer not to, hence we need a keyboard. Simple as that. Before you say "buy a laptop", just... don't even go there (clunky, large, more than is needed for a portable communications device, expensive). We just want something that we can edit documents or write business/professional emails with on-the-go, while being very easy to carry around. If the PlayBook truly wants to be a "professional grade mobile workstation" while occupying a niche below a full blown laptop, a keyboard case is essential for RIM to offer.
    Last edited by svelt; 02-22-12 at 04:01 PM.
    02-22-12 03:56 PM
    If you can actually comfortably write a one page email responding to a client on a complicated regulatory or product issue using your phone, all the more power to you. Most of us can't, or would prefer not to, hence we need a keyboard. Simple as that. Before you say "buy a laptop", just... don't even go there.

... Someone doesn't know what sarcasm is ...
    02-22-12 04:00 PM
    Click to view quoted image

... Someone doesn't know what sarcasm is ...
    Your joke would've been decently witty if there weren't already tons of guys who claim a BB phone with bridge makes up for the lack of a keyboard. e.g. the fellow who posted below you.
    02-22-12 05:02 PM
    I don't even think its been officially announced, i know its been announced behind closed doors though.
    02-22-12 05:13 PM
    Your joke would've been decently witty if there weren't already tons of guys who claim a BB phone with bridge makes up for the lack of a keyboard. e.g. the fellow who posted below you.
    Personally, I'm with you on this. And I honestly don't understand the value of being able to use your BB to type on your Playbook. If I have to type an email on my Blackberry keyboard....why exactly do I need a Playbook? I'll just send the email via my Blackberry. And controlling a cursor on my Playbook via BB phone? What does that do? Maybe useful when connected to a computer? Only way I see this being useful is if I can't physically touch my playbook - and when does that ever happen? Am I missing something here?

Having a portable keyboard I can whip out while on a plane without having to lug out my gargantuan laptop would be great.
    02-22-12 08:02 PM
    There is a bluetooth keyboard case for the Playbook. I found it on Amazon. Ran about 45 bucks. Leather case, firm, the keyboard layout is a bit bigger than the V. Board on the PB. It has rubberized keys and about twice as thick as two "naked" playbookss thick. The manufacturer is wonderful, merchant ski is hf-t5n6-voaq.

C

EDIT. The manufacturer is eWonder. I forgot the "e". Oops.
    Last edited by Carl Estes; 02-22-12 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Maker is wonderful. Forgot the "e".
    02-22-12 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD