Seems when I'm trying to enter text into a field the keyboard disappears after two or three keystrokes unless I'm super fast. I then have to swipe the keyboard back onscreen and try to finish typing. I was going to post this from the playbook itself, but trying to log in was too annoying. Anyone else?
    08-24-11 02:42 PM
    That will happen until the page loads completely. Always been that way.
    damianlynch likes this.
    08-24-11 02:46 PM
    i'm typing slowly and so far my keyboard is remaining active. Are you maybe touching the screen or bezel with a finger or thumb without realizing it? If so, this might explain the keyboard disappearing.
    08-24-11 02:47 PM
    That's defo not a new 'flaw' however I didn't know until now what caused it. Thank you chaddface now I know what to do to resolve
    08-24-11 02:56 PM
    Yeah, this only happens to me if I try to type before the page loads completely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 02:57 PM
    i'm typing slowly and so far my keyboard is remaining active. Are you maybe touching the screen or bezel with a finger or thumb without realizing it? If so, this might explain the keyboard disappearing.
    No, this has been a bug for awhile now. Most noticeable for me is signing into crackberry.com. If the page is still loading, clicking within the field will bring up the keyboard but it will continually disappear until the page has finished loading.
    08-24-11 03:01 PM
    Ah... okay. Thanks folks.
    08-24-11 03:17 PM
    No, this has been a bug for awhile now. Most noticeable for me is signing into crackberry.com. If the page is still loading, clicking within the field will bring up the keyboard but it will continually disappear until the page has finished loading.
    Same here - just on signing in to crackberry.com (on the browser, not via the shortcut) - page is fully loaded when it happens too - only place I've experienced it, which is kind of ironic...
    08-24-11 03:20 PM
    I have had the same issue with some sites (mostly with CrackBerry.com).
    If you disable JavaScript from the browser options then these site's pages load in a few seconds instead of 30 or more seconds. With JavaScript disabled i rarely have the vanishing keyboard issue.
    08-24-11 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD