Hi,

I'm new here on the forum and I own a non-rooted 32GB BB PlayBook wifi and I want a keyboard for it. But the BB keyboard is realy expensive (120$!) and I wanted to know if I could take a cheap usb keyboard and connect it to my PlayBook using a usb A Fem. to udb micro male adapter. And can I use a bluetooth keyboard with it? Because bluetooth doesn't work for sending data to my phone for example.
    Can someone answer some of my questions?
    Thanks in advantage!

Jirne
    08-16-12 04:46 PM
    USB-No ---- Bluetooth-Yes, probably.
    08-16-12 05:05 PM
    Why won't USB work?

So any (good working, normal) bt keyboard should work?
    08-16-12 05:10 PM
    The pb does not currently support usb devices. It MAY or may NOT in the future as supposedly the hardware is there.

There are a number of threads on bt keyboards - some apparently work better than others. I know there's an MS one folks seem to like but it is a larger one. Also bt mice work, too.
    08-16-12 06:36 PM
    The PlayBook doesn't have a USB Host port, which would be required for connecting remote devices (like a mouse or keyboard). The USB port is a remote port only, which needs to be connected to a host (Pc/Mac).
    08-16-12 11:31 PM
    Can i connect and bt keyboard and bt mouse at the same time and use my PB as an almost desktop then? Would be awesome!
    08-18-12 10:29 AM
    Can i connect and bt keyboard and bt mouse at the same time and use my PB as an almost desktop then? Would be awesome!
    I believe there are folks who have connected both a kboard and mouse. There were more threads on this subject quite a while ago, less so now that rim's official keyboard was released.
    08-18-12 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD