For Mother's day, my husband bought me an HTC Thunderbolt because he knows I'm currently fed up with VZW's current selection of BBs.

He knows that I was apprehensive about making a switch because I really need BBM for business purposes. Well, he also bought me a BB Playbook for Mother's Day, so that I would be able to use the HTC Thunderbolt and keep my BBM via the Playbook. However, judging from what I've been reading, this won't be possible, due to needing a functional Blackberry device for which to use BB Bridge to connect my BBM contacts to my Playbook.

Is this correct?

Does anyone have any insight as to how, or if, I can have a non BB smartphone, but still be able to use my Playbook for BBM?

I really didn't do much research on the Playbook, because I wasn't expecting to get one, so I've been trying to get as much information today as possible.
    05-09-11 11:28 AM
    At this point, what you want just isn't possible. BBM is only usable on the Playbook via bridging with a Blackberry Phone. Maybe someone can help out here if BBM will ever be native on the Playbook.
    05-09-11 11:36 AM
    Simply, BBM is pushed through the BB servers.
    It requires having a BB phone and a BB plan.
    Do not expect to have it on a WIFI only PB; it may be available when the network PB is available.
    05-09-11 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD