The HDMI is KILLER. I was at a hotel and hooked it up, but there was no way to change the TV to the HDMI source

If i bring a universal remote would I be able to set the TV up to it and then switch to the PB? or is there another way to do it?

I was planning on streaming a movie (using hotels free wi-fi) onto the big lcd, but ended up watching Rise of the Planet of Apes on the PB screen...

any ideas?

(btw, check amazon for the HDMI cables. I bought 3 for $20 including shipping and tax!!! Then I sold two of them for $10 each and that made mine FREE!
    )
    01-11-12 06:05 PM
    The HDMI is KILLER. I was at a hotel and hooked it up, but there was no way to change the TV to the HDMI source

If i bring a universal remote would I be able to set the TV up to it and then switch to the PB? or is there another way to do it?

I was planning on streaming a movie (using hotels free wi-fi) onto the big lcd, but ended up watching Rise of the Planet of Apes on the PB screen...

any ideas?

(btw, check amazon for the HDMI cables. I bought 3 for $20 including shipping and tax!!! Then I sold two of them for $10 each and that made mine FREE!
    )
    Hotels often "hide" the option. You have to hit "menu" on the tv itself as they often lock out the remote. Sometimes "settings" on the remote works too.
    01-11-12 06:21 PM
    Pick up your cables at Amazon much cheaper or you can get the adaptor
    01-11-12 06:30 PM
    Yup soon the naysayers and non believers will have to accept the fact that Rim did something right!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-12 09:00 PM
    I bought the HDMI cable, bluetooth mouse and keyboard all from Dealextreme and have been very happy with all. It takes the Playbook a little while to connect to the separate keyboard and mouse by bluetooth but once connected it's fantastic.

Dave
    Hey Dave , thanks for the word on extremedeal. I checked out their site. Are you talking about their Playbook case/keyboard ? :

61-Key Bluetooth V2.0 Wireless Keyboard w/ PU Leather Case for BlackBerry Playbook - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

From what i've been reading this and other bluetooth keyboards are being reported as having kept losing conductivity/connection regularily and then taking time to reconnect.Did you find this with the unit you bought ?

Thanks.
    01-11-12 09:32 PM
    Hotels often "hide" the option. You have to hit "menu" on the tv itself as they often lock out the remote. Sometimes "settings" on the remote works too.
    Yea, I did that and none of the buttons worked. I think they opened the tvs and placed some sort of blocker over them (like a piece of plastic to prevent the buttons from actually hitting the inside parts of the tv) I've seen it before.

Im gonna try a cheap universal remote next time.
    01-12-12 04:42 PM
    Yea, I did that and none of the buttons worked. I think they opened the tvs and placed some sort of blocker over them (like a piece of plastic to prevent the buttons from actually hitting the inside parts of the tv) I've seen it before.

Im gonna try a cheap universal remote next time.
    Try a call to the front desk. They are(most times) very helpful.
    01-12-12 04:54 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD