Ok I know this is not new to most of you, but today I got myself a micro to HDMI cord from staples, and WOOOOWWW! I am now watching movies on my big screen, can play all of my PlayBook games, BBM, internet browzer, FB app, look at my pictures, absolutly everything. And it just amazing. I especially love being able to play my games on the big screen. Playing NOVA2 HD just got a 100x better. Amazed with the game graphics actually. comparable to ps2. Anyways just wanted to say if u dont have your PlayBook hooked up to your bigscreen, go out now and buy the cord!!!! Cost me $20 at staples. Sure i could of found cheaper but i dont care, Now to get a mouse and keyboard for this thing

Anyone know of a good keyboard? I would prefer one that can be in a case with the keyboard. I seen one awhile back and have not seen it since. Its like a leather case and your playbook goes into it and its like having a laptop.
    Last edited by AsBloodRunsBlack; 01-09-12 at 04:31 PM. Reason: mistake
    spike12, ndon70, KermEd and 2 others like this.
    01-09-12 04:27 PM
    Hold off on the mouse and keyboard if you own a blackberry. Notes on the OS2 upgrade mention that your phone can be used as a pointer and keyboard for the PB. I don't think it is meant for gaming, but I haven't seen this new blackberry/PB keyboard config yet.
    01-09-12 04:38 PM
    Some Pics
    blue-b likes this.
    01-09-12 04:43 PM
    I always travel with my HDMI cable, and hope the hotels I stay at have HDMI eqquipped TV's
    01-09-12 04:47 PM
    Yep, The hdmi looks pretty awesome on the big screen. And, with the update, I'll be using my BB as a remote so I won't have to haul my lazy back side up out of my lazy boy. Thank you RIM. This was one of the things at the top of my list. I might even have to go ahead and buy that second PB just to keep hooked up to the TV.
    01-09-12 04:49 PM
    I'm thinking it should be called the laidbackbook - already I don't have to get out of bed as early in the morning and I can go to bed earlier and still be productive

Now a remote control!!? I've died and gone to lazyland.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-09-12 05:02 PM
    funny, I just went to staples here in montreal and looked for the cable and to my horror everything that is playbook has been removed and all the accesseries in a little "final" liquidation sale on display...so i picked up the rapid dock and got home and realized sh*t its in a case and wont fit the dock! now I'm SOL cuzz all sales are final gonna go look at Best buy for the cable
    01-09-12 05:04 PM
    i got a cord from ebay for like 3-4 bucks full 1080p its awesome
    01-09-12 05:06 PM
    It was rumored that RIM will release a case with a Blue tooth keyboard in Feb too. Come on RIM release it early.
    01-09-12 05:12 PM
    funny, I just went to staples here in montreal and looked for the cable and to my horror everything that is playbook has been removed and all the accesseries in a little "final" liquidation sale on display...so i picked up the rapid dock and got home and realized sh*t its in a case and wont fit the dock! now I'm SOL cuzz all sales are final gonna go look at Best buy for the cable
    If you were located close by I'd have picked up the rapid dock from ya...
    01-09-12 05:14 PM
    OMG can you imagine Playbook connected to HDMI while sitting on the couch navigating the internet via your BOLD9900. I am so excited!! That alone would have sold me on the playbook.
    flash24 and AggreX like this.
    01-09-12 05:20 PM
    OMG can you imagine Playbook connected to HDMI while sitting on the couch navigating the internet via your BOLD9900. I am so excited!! That alone would have sold me on the playbook.
    How will I get my exercise if I don't have to get up from the couch to play the next movie?
    01-09-12 05:31 PM
    Get a different case that it can be removed from more easily- the charging cradle is worth it - it will save wear and tear on your USB connector and it allows PB to be used as an alarm clock

Fast convenient charging also.

Do not return! Especially if you got it at a clearance price.
    AggreX likes this.
    01-09-12 05:35 PM
    Ok I know this is not new to most of you, but today I got myself a micro to HDMI cord from staples, and WOOOOWWW! I am now watching movies on my big screen, can play all of my PlayBook games, BBM, internet browzer, FB app, look at my pictures, absolutly everything. And it just amazing. I especially love being able to play my games on the big screen. Playing NOVA2 HD just got a 100x better. Amazed with the game graphics actually. comparable to ps2. Anyways just wanted to say if u dont have your PlayBook hooked up to your bigscreen, go out now and buy the cord!!!! Cost me $20 at staples. Sure i could of found cheaper but i dont care, Now to get a mouse and keyboard for this thing

Anyone know of a good keyboard? I would prefer one that can be in a case with the keyboard. I seen one awhile back and have not seen it since. Its like a leather case and your playbook goes into it and its like having a laptop.
    I bought some cheap bluetooth small ones on ebay. Worked beautifully.
    01-09-12 05:36 PM
    It was rumored that RIM will release a case with a Blue tooth keyboard in Feb too. Come on RIM release it early.
    That should have been released a year ago - what could possibly be holding it up?
    wcgarette likes this.
    01-09-12 05:37 PM
    I know - Playbook looks great on the big screen. I even watched DevCon on my 52" flatscreen. Silly me.
    Disparishun likes this.
    01-09-12 05:51 PM
    I might even have to go ahead and buy that second PB just to keep hooked up to the TV.
    At the sale price, that's not a bad idea. Makes it almost competitive with a Google TV, Apple TV, Roku, Media PC, etc. Yes, I know it won't do everything those others can, but there are some cool possibilities, plus you can take it with you and do all the other things it does.

I always travel with my HDMI cable, and hope the hotels I stay at have HDMI eqquipped TV's
    Watch out for the Millennium Biltmore in downtown LA. The TV's had HDMI ports, but the TV was disabled so I couldn't change the Source setting. I might have to bring a Universal remote next time and see if I can get around it. Stupid LodgeNet baloney...
    01-09-12 06:07 PM
    That should have been released a year ago - what could possibly be holding it up?
    This is RIM we are talking about!

It is odd but maybe they needed to know that they would sell a certain amount and not have dead stock in another warehouse.
    BBplaybookJS likes this.
    01-09-12 06:17 PM
    Glad to hear everyone is enjoying the PlayBook to tv as much as I am. Is that keyboard for sure coming out in February? Because I would rather wait for the official BlackBerry keyboard. Would be cool.

And how will the phone work with the playbook on tv? Someone said it was gonna be used as a pointer??? Is that true? Like point your phone at the tv and be able to use it like a wii controller?? Maybe I misunderstood what he was talking about. Or is it just scrolling around with the trackpad?
    01-10-12 12:43 AM

USE Handbrake (MAC) too to include (convert) any missing codecs -> MP4
    01-10-12 12:49 AM
    Glad to hear everyone is enjoying the PlayBook to tv as much as I am. Is that keyboard for sure coming out in February? Because I would rather wait for the official BlackBerry keyboard. Would be cool.

And how will the phone work with the playbook on tv? Someone said it was gonna be used as a pointer??? Is that true? Like point your phone at the tv and be able to use it like a wii controller?? Maybe I misunderstood what he was talking about. Or is it just scrolling around with the trackpad?

Just scrolling around with the trackpad - maybe playbook can be used as a wii controller - it needs the accelerometers etc that are not in the phone.
    01-10-12 12:55 AM
    how long are the cords you guys are using?
    01-10-12 05:56 AM
    how long are the cords you guys are using?
    I just ordered two from Monoprice, a 15ft so I can play games from the couch and a 3ft for watching movies. Price came to $12.02 with shipping!

For only $1.90 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 3ft 30AWG High Speed HDMI� Cable - HDMI� Connector to HDMI� Mini Connector - Black | Mini-HDMI to HDMI Cables

For only $5.43 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 15ft 30AWG Standard HDMI� Cable - HDMI� Mini Connector to HDMI� Connector - Black | Mini-HDMI to HDMI Cables
    01-10-12 06:23 AM
    It is great to have the ability to do this. As for using the phone it would be nice on my old tour but I would rather type on the the playbook than my torch, dang uscellular not having the bold and only the curve and torch.
    01-10-12 07:27 AM
    I bought the HDMI cable, bluetooth mouse and keyboard all from Dealextreme and have been very happy with all. It takes the Playbook a little while to connect to the separate keyboard and mouse by bluetooth but once connected it's fantastic.

Dave
    01-11-12 05:44 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD