03-14-14 06:55 PM
282 ... 56789 ...
tools
    This browser makes my PB somewhat usable again.
    07-26-13 11:06 AM
    As to the second, the Playbook is definitely a tablet (lol).
    My initial response would be: No, the Playbook is a brick on wheels (wheels sold separately)! The slightly more serious response would be that the Playbook is a somewhat dysfunctional tablet (but we love it anyway)!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-26-13 11:46 AM
    True. It is a great browser. But the ability to connect to the kindle cloud reader for me is the feature that makes it really superior. No other browser I tried on the playbook could do it, maybe because of javascript isuues. Origami delivers

Thanks a lot.

Donation on its way....

Tmm
    Enyigma and jbhq like this.
    07-26-13 02:18 PM
    The new Flicker website works fine with Origami browser, the stock PB browser on my PB failed every time, well worth the download in that it works ( with little or NO checkerboarding at all ) with sites the PB browser would be un usable or give up the ghost with.
    07-26-13 02:46 PM
    Did anyone get the password manager to work? I have tried to convince Origami to save my passwords for my Google account (my gateway to CB), but can't seem to get it to work...
    07-27-13 09:11 AM
    I cant seem to stay logged into CB, but the google start page logs me in every time....
    07-27-13 09:18 AM
    I'm not sure, but that might just be a Crackberry forum software problem, as this (the not staying logged on) occasionally happens on my desktop browser as well...
    07-27-13 09:26 AM
    i have no issue staying log in. I just click on the suggested browser.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 10:46 AM
    Thanks for developing great browser Shun-san.
    But probably missing something than native browser.
    I tried to solve the problems on my Playstation.
    I have to do live chat with Sony PS network, then I used Origami browser.
    But live chat wasn't started. So I used native browser, ,,,it worked!!!
    From that experience...missing something? I guess...
    I think this is good info....
    Please don't get wrong. I love this browser, thanks again.
    07-27-13 03:51 PM
    I suggest PC Shun should charge for the next app he develop. Even if it's 99 cents.
    yellowhammer likes this.
    07-28-13 06:49 PM
    A few good apps will keep the playbook alive and kicking at the same time shaming the company that give up on development.
    07-28-13 06:50 PM
    A few good apps will keep the playbook alive and kicking at the same time shaming the company that give up on development.
    Quoted for its amazing accuracy!
    07-28-13 07:32 PM
    I suggest PC Shun should charge for the next app he develop. Even if it's 99 cents.
    I happily donated, and much more than I typically spend on apps. Hard work deserves reward.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    07-29-13 01:23 AM
    I happily donated, and much more than I typically spend on apps. Hard work deserves reward.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    To me another alternative to save our beloved playbook is to encourage devs to continue develop great apps. Origami browser indeed add on to the value of our playbook. BB already spend millions to bring devs on board for the BB10 devices, what's so difficult to add on a statement to encourage the devs to create for the playbook?
    07-29-13 07:02 AM
    I loaded it and it is really sick!

Great job
    07-29-13 07:05 AM
    To me another alternative to save our beloved playbook is to encourage devs to continue develop great apps. Origami browser indeed add on to the value of our playbook. BB already spend millions to bring devs on board for the BB10 devices, what's so difficult to add on a statement to encourage the devs to create for the playbook?
    I totally agree, although this shouldn't be left to BB alone. Getting a clear picture of what kind of apps are actually needed would seem an important first step for the community to get/keep developers on board. That's why I created this thread recently.
    07-29-13 07:50 AM
    Just donated!

Keep the updates coming. Just say no to bloatware! Funny, this is all RIM needed to build to satisfy their most dedicated fans, and they couldn't even build this with billions in the bank.
    FF22 and Cynycl like this.
    08-01-13 02:24 AM
    The dev of origami needs testers for the new upcoming version:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=809048
    08-03-13 06:21 PM
    The dev of origami needs testers for the new upcoming version:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=809048
    count me in
    08-03-13 06:33 PM
    Okay, now that I've decided to downgrade my PB to a mere surfing bird ah board, which luckily origami makes possible, I'm finally ready, willing and able to donate some money to the cause. What kind of ballpark figure would be appropriate (as I lack funds to buy the dev the new mansion he'd deserve for this)? Would we be talking, for instance, one time FastBrowser, 2 times Fastbrowser (to take an easy example). Bear in my mind I want to show my heartfelt appreciation, don't want to insult the dev and am on a budget myself. Again: no new mansion...
    FF22 likes this.
    08-04-13 04:44 AM
    Okay, now that I've decided to downgrade my PB to a mere surfing bird ah board, which luckily origami makes possible, I'm finally ready, willing and able to donate some money to the cause. What kind of ballpark figure would be appropriate (as I lack funds to buy the dev the new mansion he'd deserve for this)? Would we be talking, for instance, one time FastBrowser, 2 times Fastbrowser (to take an easy example). Bear in my mind I want to show my heartfelt appreciation, don't want to insult the dev and am on a budget myself. Again: no new mansion...
    $10 is generous in this instance anything more is at your discretion. Consider most apps are within a dollar or two. More important, I hope dev will bring more apps and start charging and help make some money for his develop team.
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    08-04-13 05:39 AM
    I am still enjoying Origami tremendously even with the occasional crash. Just learned how to use Keepvid and that is a great feature.

I already had on my Playbook, Icicle, a truly fab app I purchased directly from the developer (receive updates) and Tubemate (also great and constantly updated) but Keepvid is still a very welcome and easy to use addition to my downloading arsenal. Lots of fun.
    08-06-13 11:43 AM
    Not sure if this was brought up haven't had the chance to review entire thread. I am able to now watch MLB.TV games using the Origami browser this wasn't available through stock BlackBerry browser on the playbook! Thanks to the developer for an awesome browser! I really hope this remains working good stuff please continue to update a great product this is the type of quality BlackBerry should focus on for whatever products they decide to continue supporting

Posted via CB10
    What settings are you using with the Origami browser to watch MLB.TV? Because it won't work in the native browser, I've been using the Simple Browser to access MLB.TV, and changing the User Agent to IE6. Thanks.
    08-09-13 07:27 AM
    PCShun,

I am very satisfied with how well Origami Browser works. It is really too bad BB has locked down the PB because this would have been my default browser if given the choice.

I have 3 PBs and I made donation each for the approximate amount that good paid browsers has been going for on BB World.

The Gestures and the ScrollPad alone make it worthwhile. The additional features are just icing. I hope that as Origami evolves that it is not become so feature rich as to bog down it's performance.

In the past, I have sideloaded a "developer" version of the stock Air Browser ( the web browser, NOT the Air Browser which is a folder explorer in BB World ). This allowed me to open two stock browsers with two different default feature settings.

Is there also a way to sideload, say, an older version or newer alpha/beta version of Origami to run alongside the public release to do the same? That way I can run each browser with different feature sets or profile settings.

In any case, what you have now has already has exceeded what the crack BB programmers has been unable to produce. Keep up the good work.

PS. I would be happy to be a beta tester if needed.
    08-09-13 01:17 PM
    Wow I'm going to boot up my playbook and try this app out.

Sent from my Galaxy S IV using Tapatalk IV
    08-09-13 07:51 PM
282 ... 56789 ...