Glad this amazing browser is getting widespread recognition amongst the user base.

CB, it's high-time you did a piece on Shun's amazing contribution!
    svelt, highos, domex and 1 others like this.
    07-25-13 10:20 AM
    Downloaded it, tried it, loved it.
    Next Generation improvement over default browser.
    Thanks and congrats to the dev!!

Just heading over to PayPal to make a donation.

Keep dem quality apps coming...!
    hasib123 likes this.
    07-25-13 10:29 AM
    And a GREAT BIG THANKS for this. Finally, a useable browser! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ad-blocker.
    07-25-13 02:39 PM
    And a GREAT BIG THANKS for this. Finally, a useable browser! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ad-blocker.
    Learn the gestures...it's crazy fun!
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-25-13 02:45 PM
    I just downloaded this browser last and find it's a great improvement over the default browser. Why couldn't BlackBerry have done this from the get go?

A rhetorical question but still.....
    07-25-13 02:53 PM
    Glad this amazing browser is getting widespread recognition amongst the user base.

CB, it's high-time you did a piece on Shun's amazing contribution!
    +1. CB keeps posting/featuring these questionably worthless apps on their blog feed, I suspect paid for/sponsored by some of the developers themselves, and when something free and actually vastly improves a product comes along it's completely ignored on the front page. I'm happy people on the forums have promoted this app so heavily, but the majority of existing PB users I think will never know about it.
    Tazos likes this.
    07-25-13 03:04 PM
    They might not want to give this great browser the front page treatment because it blocks ads and they might not like seeing the ads on this blog blocked.
    Then again, it's not like PlayBook accounts for such a big number of the page views lol.
    07-25-13 03:47 PM
    They might not want to give this great browser the front page treatment because it blocks ads and they might not like seeing the ads on this blog blocked.
    Then again, it's not like PlayBook accounts for such a big number of the page views lol.
    This thread still has some leg in alerting more playbook users to try out this browser. Bump!
    07-25-13 07:42 PM
    It has only been officially available for a few days so maybe it will make the front page eventually.
    07-25-13 09:10 PM
    Definitely, it deserves the front page. After few days I am still in love with Origami browser and it is my default browser on the PB now

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 11:05 PM
    This browser is fantastic. Thanks dev and OP for pointing it out.
    07-26-13 12:26 AM
    BUMP so that eventually it makes it to the front page! Amazing how this browser feels and looks like chrome.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 05:22 AM
    Can someone out there tell me why there is a small gray square on the Origami Browser on my Playbook? Does it serve an actual function? Can I make it disappear? Should I make it disappear? Thanks!
    07-26-13 07:16 AM
    Can someone out there tell me why there is a small gray square on the Origami Browser on my Playbook? Does it serve an actual function? Can I make it disappear? Should I make it disappear? Thanks!
    You referring to the "touchpad"? It's for fast scrolling. You can turn it off in settings
    07-26-13 07:23 AM
    Just found out that read.amazon.com works with Origami. Can't stop the tail wagging thing!!!
    I'm with ya on the tail wagging.
    That's a quiet the smile you've got going on too.
    Just want to alert playbook owners. Origami browser is available now!-raw_dog-smile.jpg

I've been using the Origami Browser since he started putting out beta versions. This browser and KalemSoft Media Player make Playbooks very useful to me.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    07-26-13 07:40 AM
    Thanks! I was not aware that it speeds up scrolling.
    07-26-13 09:04 AM
    Well, I held my breath and crossed my fingers and finally upgraded to .1526. All seems okay and Origami Browser is no longer crashing... a wonderful piece of software!

Thank you F2 and cogsinister for urging me to do the upgrade. In my defense, one of the earlier upgrades broke my camera which had me sending my Playbook back to RIM for repair. I am just not used to a "computer" which I can't completely wipe and reinstall.

To be honest this tablet has never felt "completely mine". More like an extension of RIM, who is allowing me to use it... Lol.
    yellowhammer and FF22 like this.
    07-26-13 09:19 AM
    You can completely wipe and reinstall the OS on the Playbook.
    Actually I was going to suggest that when you posted about Origami Browser crashing.

You are limited to reinstalling the current OS though. I suppose that is what you meant.
    07-26-13 09:29 AM
    You can completely wipe and reinstall the OS on the Playbook.
    Actually I was going to suggest that when you posted about Origami Browser crashing.

You are limited to reinstalling the current OS though. I suppose that is what you meant.
    Actually, what I meant is that you can't get to "the bottom end" of things. No way to roll back if the new software version doesn't please you. I could probably still install Windows 3.1 on my new PC... If it had a floppy drive.

Didn't mean to hijack this thread... Sorry.

Since my last post however, I think I have found a bug in the Origami Browser. It seems as though if I'm watching an embedded video all goes well. But if I try to full screen it, the video portion goes black (sound ok). Nothing I do gets the video back and it crashes shortly thereafter.
    07-26-13 09:50 AM
    Well, I held my breath and crossed my fingers and finally upgraded to .1526. All seems okay and Origami Browser is no longer crashing... a wonderful piece of software!

Thank you F2 and cogsinister for urging me to do the upgrade. In my defense, one of the earlier upgrades broke my camera which had me sending my Playbook back to RIM for repair. I am just not used to a "computer" which I can't completely wipe and reinstall.

To be honest this tablet has never felt "completely mine". More like an extension of RIM, who is allowing me to use it... Lol.
    Yay !

Well done for getting up the courage to upgrade

Glad its working for you.
    07-26-13 10:13 AM
    Yay !

Well done for getting up the courage to upgrade

Glad its working for you.
    This tablet is soooo unlike my PC. I'm a retired tech and not used to having so little control over my (programmable) electronics. Not jumping in with both feet is unlike me. A PC can't be easily "bricked" by unruly software like these things can... Lol
    07-26-13 10:26 AM
    Actually, what I meant is that you can't get to "the bottom end" of things. No way to roll back if the new software version doesn't please you. I could probably still install Windows 3.1 on my new PC... If it had a floppy drive.

Didn't mean to hijack this thread... Sorry.

Since my last post however, I think I have found a bug in the Origami Browser. It seems as though if I'm watching an embedded video all goes well. But if I try to full screen it, the video portion goes black (sound ok). Nothing I do gets the video back and it crashes shortly thereafter.
    Hmmm. I do that all the time with no problems. Did you uninstall and reinstall Origami after the upgrade?
    07-26-13 10:32 AM
    This tablet is soooo unlike my PC. I'm a retired tech and not used to having so little control over my (programmable) electronics. Not jumping in with both feet is unlike me. A PC can't be easily "bricked" by unruly software like these things can... Lol
    But then again, a tablet is hardly a PC to begin with and the Playbook is hardly even a tablet...
    07-26-13 10:37 AM
    Hmmm. I do that all the time with no problems. Did you uninstall and reinstall Origami after the upgrade?
    No, I didn't but I'll definitely try that. I really want to use this browser. It's the best browser that I've seen for the Playbook, by far.
    07-26-13 10:51 AM
    But then again, a tablet is hardly a PC to begin with and the Playbook is hardly even a tablet...
    As to the first part, you are so right. A tablet is NOT a PC. But understand, this is my first ever tablet. I was expecting a computer-like experience. Don't know why I thought that.

As to the second, the Playbook is definitely a tablet (lol). As a matter of fact, even though I will probably switch to something else eventually (won't have much choice), I really like my Playbook. All I ever wanted was for the bugs to be worked out of it. As far as the interface, it's just fine the way it is... in my opinion of course.
    07-26-13 10:55 AM
282 ... 45678 ...