My son, an Apple enthusiast....has everything Apple (phone /laptop /apple tv/etc..) called me tonight and told me he downloaded the newest operating system on his phone. His next comment was..."now my phone is just like your Playbook "....he now has "swipes " to operate all of the functions! I just had to laugh about this...
    clmazda, Geeoff, 00stryder and 7 others like this.
    09-18-13 08:04 PM
    I hope you don't mind that this will land on Twitter via screenshot...

Finally Apple has caught up with the PlayBook! iOS7 is truly innovative!

Here:

Attachment 203259
    Last edited by Warlack; 09-18-13 at 08:23 PM.
    09-18-13 08:12 PM
    My wife thought the same thing about her iPhone 5 update.

This is the same iPhone 5 she got after returning her Z10 because there was too much swiping...against my better judgment. Rofl.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 09:29 AM
    BlackBerry ahead of the pack.

PlayBook really is an innovative device. Shame. Fck the world.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 09:32 AM
    On the other perspective, see how Apple value, market and support "things" dump by BlackBerry...

Posted via Z10
    Cynycl and Carl Estes like this.
    09-19-13 09:35 AM
    BlackBerry ahead of the pack.

PlayBook really is an innovative device. Shame. Fck the world.

Posted via CB10
    So this would suggest that Apple can recognize the potential that Rimberry couldn't.

Soon to be Appleberry, Microberry, or Rimsung soon anyway so won't matter much anywho.
    09-19-13 09:42 AM
    when apple lay off 40% of its staff in a couple of years we be able to say: damn BB was innovative.
    09-19-13 09:49 AM
    Now we just need Apple to make the PlayBook 2. There's nothing to be ashame of if the creator abandon a brilliant idea and someone else capitalize on it.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 11:08 AM
    Now we just need Apple to make the PlayBook 2. There's nothing to be ashame of if the creator abandon a brilliant idea and someone else capitalize on it.

Posted via CB10
    Nope, even with swiping, I won't buy an Apple product. Sad thing is all iCrap users without a BBRY connection will continue to think Apple had it first...
    09-19-13 12:23 PM
    I will never get an Apple product aside from an iPod.

I just do not relate to their brand whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 01:44 PM
    One thing I notice is that ios7 is quite... garish. I really can't beleive that this has gone down with universal acclaim. If this was what Johny Ives did to the whole thing, to be honest i really hope he puts his head back down and comes up with some new imac designs or something - that interface is so loud it would scare the barnacles off the bottom of a ship!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-19-13 03:03 PM
    One thing I notice is that ios7 is quite... garish. I really can't beleive that this has gone down with universal acclaim. If this was what Johny Ives did to the whole thing, to be honest i really hope he puts his head back down and comes up with some new imac designs or something - that interface is so loud it would scare the barnacles off the bottom of a ship!
    I thought the same thing. The OS is hideous and seems dated. It almost looks like the first screen captures of BB10 before the hub only with pastel colors.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 03:07 PM
    I'm using right now a device that has iOS7 installed on it... just got curious when someone said that it feels like my beloved "PlayBook"...

The new iOS7 is not really that bad... unless, you are intentionally looking for its flaw... which every product has... in fact, if someone will consider apps as his/her main criteria for choosing a mobile, this is still the best supported mobile platform as of this time... regardless it is no longer innovating...

Posted via Z10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-19-13 05:59 PM
    I used to work for the number two hardware/software company, of its day, fighting IBM, the Apple of its day. I really believed that we were superior in almost every respect.

As I used to say, then:. Just because you build the best system, in the world, doesn't mean people will care.
    09-21-13 12:36 PM
    Hate to kill the buzz on this thread but most of the swipe gestures were already on the iPhone/ipad you just had to know about them and have them turned on.

The only new ones I can see is the swipe to close active apps. App switching and forward/backwards safari page swipes have always been there. They are also on my Macbook pro trackpad too.

I would hazard to say that BB10's swipes feel a lot like the magic track pad gestures that have been around for at least 3 years before BB10 was released.
    09-21-13 02:23 PM
    I will never get an Apple product aside from an iPod.

I just do not relate to their brand whatsoever.
    Except via the iPod? LOL.

At least you're honest...
    09-21-13 02:28 PM
    Yes, because it is the original MP3 player and I can accept that. Plus it is just to play music through, no other interactions from me.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 02:32 PM
    Yes, because it is the original MP3 player and I can accept that. Plus it is just to play music through, no other interactions from me.

Posted via CB10
    LOL. So an Apple product appeals to you. You don't really have to justify it. You're an Apple user.

Some folks here might have another name for you, though...
    09-21-13 02:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Apple already lives by that exact same creed, become famous off of somone else's creation lmao.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 02:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ipod was definitely not the original mp3 player.
    09-23-13 09:32 AM
    So this would suggest that Apple can recognize the potential that Rimberry couldn't.

Soon to be Appleberry, Microberry, or Rimsung soon anyway so won't matter much anywho.
    Mmmmmmmm think I remember mentioning this 18 months ago and getting in trouble for it? Bad management of a potentially brilliant product! Apple now have lost their leader and mentor to the Lord they have lost the edge. To make up for this they will now prey on every and all innovations that they perceive to be good or potentially good enough to be a threat to them. How many bb users will defect to apple now simply because they now have BBM? But hold on blackberry developed it? If it's so popular how come it was sold off? SIMPLE BAD MANAGEMENT? and when the poo hits the fan, I'm sorry but the CEO has to stand up and face reality! The worst single thing that RIM did was to employ Thor?

End of story!
    09-23-13 09:45 AM
    Mmmmmmmm think I remember mentioning this 18 months ago and getting in trouble for it? Bad management of a potentially brilliant product! Apple now have lost their leader and mentor to the Lord they have lost the edge. To make up for this they will now prey on every and all innovations that they perceive to be good or potentially good enough to be a threat to them. How many bb users will defect to apple now simply because they now have BBM? But hold on blackberry developed it? If it's so popular how come it was sold off? SIMPLE BAD MANAGEMENT? and when the poo hits the fan, I'm sorry but the CEO has to stand up and face reality! The worst single thing that RIM did was to employ Thor?

End of story!
    I'm sure Thor has no problem standing up and face reality. I would too if I get $55 million send off prize.
    09-23-13 10:11 AM
    I'm sure Thor has no problem standing up and face reality. I would too if I get $55 million send off prize.
    But that is dependent on how he is dispatched?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 10:14 AM
    But that is dependent on how he is dispatched?

Posted via CB10
    You can put him on a catapult, he'll still ride it.
    09-23-13 10:16 AM
    You can put him on a catapult, he'll still ride it.
    Obviously but if BlackBerry goes bust, he gets $55m. If they are bought out and the new owners don't like him (highly unlikely I know), if they sack him he gets nothing, well apart from another position where he can run another thriving company into the ground, which he will?

What's your money going on the outcome?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 10:29 AM
27 12