I have been sending tweets daily to Skype about developing an app on the blackberry playbook and they finally sent a reply to me basically saying we aint doing it... i think if we all get together everyone with a twitter and start tweeting to Skype everyday at least once or twice a day it will them off enough to at least think about it.. i think we should do it.. @skype or @skypehelp
    02-29-12 08:17 AM
    don't care about skype, if tango will be in PB why ask for skype, I Hate Skype, because they are so unfair with Playbook, if Skype is like Engadget, they both sucks!
    mud314 likes this.
    02-29-12 08:31 AM
    Nothing on the @skype account and @skypehelp doesn't seem to exist.
    Can you post a screenshot confirming your convo?
    mud314 likes this.
    02-29-12 08:35 AM
    Everyone time I see a new Skype thread, I have a glimmer of hope but the truth is Skype will be on our beloved PlayBook's if and when they are ready. I've sent them emails, signed a petition like many others and they don't seem to care. I make many international calls and I won't be renewing my Skype credit.
    02-29-12 08:41 AM
    don't care about skype, if tango will be in PB why ask for skype, I Hate Skype, because they are so unfair with Playbook, if Skype is like Engadget, they both sucks!
    Lets keep voting for Tango. Follow this link and leave your "positive" comments.

Tango Support for BlackBerry PlayBook : Tango Support Center
    02-29-12 08:49 AM
    I've given up on Skype after reading all the threads here. Just cast my vote on the Tango website, going to place my hopes in them and hope I won't get disappointed this time
    Toodeurep likes this.
    02-29-12 08:55 AM
    Lets keep voting for Tango. Follow this link and leave your "positive" comments.

Although I don't use Skype, it would be great for the platform to have it, or one of it's competitors on the playbook. Skype has made it quite clear they have no intentions of developing a client for the PB, and tbh, I'm tired of seeing the skype threads here

The tweets aren't going to change their minds, the email campain did nothing, all the whining and moaning really isn't going to change skype's position...... they obviously have an agenda.

I think Toodeurep has the right idea....... Get on Tango. They are a growing, and would love to bring Skype customers over to their service.

This article was posted on the front page yesterday...
    http://crackberry.com/boxnet-gains-5...september-2011

Now imagine if that article read Tango gains 500,000 playbook users.

Do you think that might get skypes attention ??? I think it would and if not, who cares.... You'd have a Tango client

just my 2 cents
    Toodeurep likes this.
    02-29-12 09:12 AM
    WHY, WHY, WHY Don't people search??? I said this last week http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...coming-698545/

No amount of pathetic SPAM tweets, SPAM emails is going to get them to develop! My friend works at RIM and said IT IS NOT COMING!!!
    02-29-12 09:31 AM
    Since we all have PlayBooks, it might be more productive to ask RIM to create video chat compatible apps for the Windows and Mac systems. I don't use Skype, but I have seen a few Skype video feeds on the news and they look like crap and are no comparison in quality to what we get with our PlayBook video chat app.
    chi-town311 and apg300 like this.
    02-29-12 09:39 AM
    Dell is going to have a phone app for blackberry soon

http://www.dellvoice.ca/

Looks good to me
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-29-12 09:42 AM
    Why the heck would you not support a platform? That makes no fricken business sense to me.
    02-29-12 09:47 AM
    Why the heck would you not support a platform? That makes no fricken business sense to me.
    Skype and RIM are partnering up for something else, RIM doesn't want a SKYPE app, They want a video chat platform that incorporates SKYPE. Branded under Blackberry, NOT Skype....
    OniBerry, TTBGF and joski like this.
    02-29-12 09:50 AM
    I'm going to to have to convince everyone I know to get a PlayBook for video chat.
    OniBerry likes this.
    02-29-12 09:50 AM
    Why bother with Skype if we can dig our own road?. No Netflix? We have the BB Video Store. No Skype? We have Tango. No Kindle? We have Kobo (okay, we do have one ...but as a sideloaded android app ). RIM has the resources to be self-sufficient.
    02-29-12 09:54 AM
    I don't use Skype, but I have seen a few Skype video feeds on the news and they look like crap and are no comparison in quality to what we get with our PlayBook video chat app.
    Then why use it? You see a video through a TV screen and determine the application is crap? As opposed to the camera being used at the time?

Skype works very well. And the quality of the vidoe is oft a reflection of the camera used.
    02-29-12 09:57 AM
    Skype and RIM are partnering up for something else, RIM doesn't want a SKYPE app, They want a video chat platform that incorporates SKYPE. Branded under Blackberry, NOT Skype....
    maybe some more details would make ppl shaddap lol

btw its @skypesupport
    and my reply from them was "sorry no playbook app, no announcements or news here"
    02-29-12 09:57 AM

No amount of pathetic SPAM tweets, SPAM emails is going to get them to develop! My friend works at RIM and said IT IS NOT COMING!!!
    LOL! Anyone else see anything hilarious here? Unless your friend works for Skype - I doubt he knows what he's talking about.
    02-29-12 10:05 AM
    LOL! Anyone else see anything hilarious here? Unless your friend works for Skype - I doubt he knows what he's talking about.
    He's a network developer, and there is a lot going on that you don't know, and he has only given me a very small amount of information regarding Skype and the RIM video chat and integration with the 2.
    02-29-12 10:08 AM
    Also, I would love nothing more than all the threads about Skype to disappear, so why spread more fire? I'm coming to you guys with the information I have
    02-29-12 10:17 AM
    If Skype were made available for playbook, could this possibly upset an agreement they may have with another Company?
    02-29-12 10:34 AM
    No, but it may not fit into a current business model/plan that RIM and/or Skype have already in the works...
    02-29-12 10:37 AM

Let's remind Tango that there are a lot of Playbooks around and a Tango app would give them a lot of new customers.
    02-29-12 10:41 AM
    WHY, WHY, WHY Don't people search??? I said this last week http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...coming-698545/

And he has access to MS decisions? OK, let's face it, MS will not develop it until they have it running on their own devices, After that, maybe.
    02-29-12 10:44 AM
    Since we all have PlayBooks, it might be more productive to ask RIM to create video chat compatible apps for the Windows and Mac systems. I don't use Skype, but I have seen a few Skype video feeds on the news and they look like crap and are no comparison in quality to what we get with our PlayBook video chat app.
    Makes sense to me.
    02-29-12 10:45 AM
    Then why use it? You see a video through a TV screen and determine the application is crap? As opposed to the camera being used at the time?

Skype works very well. And the quality of the vidoe is oft a reflection of the camera used.
    I used to use it, almost daily, to converse with our office in Amsterdam. It's not nearly as good as many think it is. And I was using a very good camera and a corporate T3 internet connection
    02-29-12 10:48 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD