Would it damage my batter if I leave my playbook plugged in all night? I find charging it during the day a hastle and want to charge it over night but I don't want to damage the battery because the playbook will fully charge and then be left with full battrry and plugged in for like 3 hours until I wake up and disconnect it
    03-14-12 10:52 PM
    Would it damage my batter if I leave my playbook plugged in all night? I find charging it during the day a hastle and want to charge it over night but I don't want to damage the battery because the playbook will fully charge and then be left with full battrry and plugged in for like 3 hours until I wake up and disconnect it
    the playbook cut the the supply of power when it have enough battery/when battery is already full.
    Bluemoonjules likes this.
    03-14-12 11:04 PM
    I leave my devices plugged in over night and haven't had any problems with it.

If you notice, once your device is fully charged, the battery icon goes from having a lightning bolt to having just a plug. That means the device is plugged in, but no longer charging.
    03-14-12 11:04 PM
    That's what I've been doing from time to time and it does'nt seem to be a problem. However I am being careful about it since I've been reading about this device running itself so low that it won't take a charge causing undue inconvenience. Don't know if the thing might overcharge and do the battery some harm. I would'nt trust it if I could'nt keep an eye on it. The unit is'nt hot or any thing when i do this so it seems alright.
    03-14-12 11:06 PM
    You are fine charging overnight. If there is a small difference in battery life, it would be hard to measure or notice. So go for it.
    03-14-12 11:49 PM
    I have always charged mine overnight while in StandBy mode. No problems so far.
    03-15-12 04:34 AM
    I plug in my pb every night before bed,it's fine
    03-15-12 04:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD