The playbook is good tablet but I have issues with the battery. I tried to let it on stand by mode the whole day with no wifi, and all applications are closed, but the battery percentage still decreases?

Also, can I delete the pre installed games like the need for speed? Is that fine?

Thanks
    05-06-12 12:42 PM
    Well, the device still uses power even if it's in stand by mode.....I just don't know what to tell ya?
    05-06-12 01:00 PM
    in standby mode its not doing anything major but it is still running, if you swipe from bezel to bezel it wakes up, and things like that require power, albeit a small amount. all tablets are the same in this respect. it enters a low power state, but the OS is still there, if it were using no power the system would be shut down and it would need to boot up

As for deleting the games, yes, you can delete them, just touch and hold the icon until you get little trashcan icons over the apps, then click the trashcan icon to delete. if you do want to get them back at any point go to the app store, and click the my world icon at the top and scroll down through the uninstalled apps til you find it.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-06-12 01:07 PM
    My battery lasts for three days in standby mode. The first 24 hrs, it only loses 10%. Great battery life.
    05-06-12 02:07 PM
    i personally (with my own PB) cant speak to the battery life, since i never put it down.. but my mother bought one as well as i did, she has hers in standby since Wednesday night after she first charged it fully...and its at 40% now.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-06-12 02:20 PM
    If you use the Airplane Mode first, it will disconnect the bluetooth and wifi. Then put it in standby mode from the battery icon.

This will conserve even more battery life.

When you wake up your PB, turn off the Airplane Mode and give it a few seconds, then check to make sure your bluetooth and wifi are enabled (from the gear icon).
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-06-12 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD