1. Is there any way to bridge between smartphone and PB if you have AT&T while they are "testing"?

2. Video Chat - is this only compatible with other PB users?
    05-20-11 09:18 PM
    1. Is there any way to bridge between smartphone and PB if you have AT&T while they are "testing"?
    There was a download link that RIM made available, but then pulled apparently. Some kind soul that's on AT&T and maybe saved the files off somewhere might be convinced to share them with you (I'm not on AT&T so afraid I can't help you)

2. Video Chat - is this only compatible with other PB users?
    Yep.
    mng1977 likes this.
    05-20-11 09:24 PM
    05-20-11 09:43 PM
    There is also a site/piece of software, forgot the name and place i saw it, that is a site/server that will allow you to connect to users on other video platforms. If i remember right it doesn't do iOS but maybe skype.??

Check out ReelPortal - free anonymous video chat, video conference - Home , i just found the link, i haven't tried it, needs a little nicer UI/design but i've heard it works
    Last edited by nycspaces.; 05-20-11 at 09:53 PM. Reason: link update
    mng1977 likes this.
    05-20-11 09:46 PM
    mng1977 - Did you try it and does it work?

Any report would be great
    05-21-11 08:31 AM
    i have a Torch, Playbook and AT&T as my Carrier.

the Bridge is working Perfectly.

make sure you do this:

1. upgrade to the latest OS for your BlackBerry phone.
    since i have a Torch i got the OS here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/of...one-de-611368/

- i had a problem installing the Bridge even with the downloaded link( not from app world) when i had the official AT&T issued OS on my 9800.
    -the problem is even after i downloaded the BlackBerry Bridge on my Torch, there was no Icon on my homescreen/download page. and i can't scan the Bridge from the PB.

2. battery pull after install.

enjoy the Bridge..

PS. update your BBM as well, doing so will include the BBM on your Playbook
    Last edited by mark_rivers19; 05-21-11 at 09:11 AM.
    05-21-11 09:09 AM
    I did click on the link and went to the instructions; however I am not even able to download the bride info on my smartphone. When I scan the barcode from the playbook, it says on my smartphone that this is not supported on my phone or by my carrier. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?!
    05-21-11 09:38 AM
    I have also used Adobe Connect successfully.
    05-21-11 09:43 AM
    I did click on the link and went to the instructions; however I am not even able to download the bride info on my smartphone. When I scan the barcode from the playbook, it says on my smartphone that this is not supported on my phone or by my carrier. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?!
    what BlackBerry and what OS are you Currently running?
    i strongly suggest you update your OS first
    then download the bridge

here's the link for the bridge
    http://crackberry.com/att-blackberry-bridge-download
    mng1977 likes this.
    05-21-11 10:34 AM
    I was able to do the bridge from the link you posted on here. You are awesome!! Thanks so much Do you know anything about the skype app for the PB? and OMG - how do I delete something from my homescreen? It is driving my insane that I cannot get it off there! Again - thank you so much for your response and help!
    05-21-11 11:10 AM
    mng:

Certain apps are kind of locked onto the pb. And even some you can delete will just show up again in a small update and be reinstalled. You might be able to move them to a different folder and you can move then up or down the "home screen" by tapping and holding on an icon until they all start blinking - them move them
    mng1977 likes this.
    05-21-11 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD