Haters will always find things to hate and complain. They can never be satisfied.
    09-18-11 12:38 AM
    It's not a rumor anymore.
    Why say native email, pim, android player are rumours?

- Native Email was 'scheduled for 60 days' at launch, this is approx 5 months ago now.
    - Android Player was touted prior to the launch of the PlayBook.
    - When the Android Player was leaked RIM said a Beta would be released later this summer (which ends in 4 days).
    - Now it sounds like its all being rolled into a Devcon + x days (x being an unknown number as they have just quoted 'after')

So, in summary, no new actual features have been released as part of the label 2.0. Just new evidence that anything said by RIM should not be trusted or used as a means of making a decision to spend money on their products. I'm not saying don't buy their products (I love my PlayBook), just don't buy on the basis of expecting promised features by promised dates.

Oh and I don't class changes to the UI as features, they provide little or zero productive or entertainment value.
    chi-town311 and mandony like this.
    09-18-11 01:03 AM
    Oh and I don't class changes to the UI as features, they provide little or zero productive or entertainment value.
    Well, when you have more than 80 apps, and you need to sort, search and categorize them in the homescreen, it does increase productivity and that is a "user interface" change. They provide productivity and simplification of tasks, just no entertainment value.

RIM f*cked up in their timing and they are already paying the consequences. This is their showtime, one slip up and i will puke rainbows over the playbook.
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-18-11 at 01:19 AM.
    09-18-11 01:15 AM
    i feel like an expectant mother. 2.0 is about to be born how exciting
    lucian777, yauchunh and nova_8 like this.
    09-18-11 01:31 AM
    i feel like an expectant mother. 2.0 is about to be born how exciting
    Hope you don't end up being 2 - 4 months overdue!
    Most of us are 1 - 3 month overdue already.

Tim
    09-18-11 02:43 AM
    Maybe you could tell us if they finally added a BlueTooth Profile for wireless stereo head phones.

Thx
    09-18-11 03:43 AM
    im a blackberry user who is very addicted.

sorry, i get fed up with all the speculation and freaking out that goes on. So every now and then i like to spread a little fact in the midst. Like the fella a few posts ago who claims the pb native email client is nothing more than a pop3 client with no push capabilities.... uh... ok....... and it took RIM 12 months to program that? i dont think so! the reason the native pim apps are taking so long is because they are the real blackberry deal.... im not spreading rumors all willy nilly - lol

i believe the reason Mike left out bbm in his portion of the call was because he isnt certain that it will be included for the first v2.0 release.... they are working on it, that much i know is true

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well now that you informed us about the reasoning behind that statement. It makes a lot of sense.
    09-18-11 03:53 AM
    Cool to hear this stuff. I really can't wait to see it. I hope it releases soon after Dev Con (but Im' not holding my breath). I feel like we've waited a long time.
    09-18-11 07:46 AM
    So, in summary, no new actual features have been released as part of the label 2.0. Just new evidence that anything said by RIM should not be trusted or used as a means of making a decision to spend money on their products.
    thus my current signature.

i believe the reason Mike left out bbm in his portion of the call was because he isnt certain that it will be included for the first v2.0 release....
    i wonder how long it is going to take for people to realize what is coming. OS 2.0 will had a scant few improvements and it will be business as usual... Waiting on 2.x.x for this. 2.x.x for that...

they are working on it, that much i know is true
    Oh trust me buddy... we are already well versed in RIM's prefabricated disclaimer to smooth over all disappointments and missed promises.... "coming soon."

Sounds like little will change with 2.0.
    09-18-11 08:25 AM
    Woot. looks like it will be a BIG deal when it comes out.
    09-18-11 09:27 AM
    Remember, if you play with your PB 2.0 too much you'll go blind!

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    09-18-11 09:43 AM
    Well .... RIM f****d up in their timing and they are already paying the consequences.
    1) RIM Quarterly large decline in cash assets
    2) RIM Quarterly increase in unsold inventory
    3) User current purchase of new BB phones delayed, waiting for next generation QNX devices
    4) RIM unable to clearly define their one tablet as a viable alternative to the iPad.
    5) Statements by upper RIM management which do not followup with fact. This lead to 'bad' press and constant comparison with Apple as being their model.
    09-18-11 10:14 AM
    Enough talk already! Someone has to leak the new OS. Why is it that there are leaked and hybrid OS files for the handheld devices and not the playbook? I would take my chances on an incomplete OS. We have all been beta testers for this thing.
    UnknownError507 likes this.
    09-18-11 10:44 AM
    Okay with this news I've ordered a 64 Gig PlayBook through my work, they have a great employee discount right now. Just in time to get the $100 Rebate too:

BlackBerry PlayBook Back-At-School Offer

09-18-11 11:00 AM
    Enough talk already! Someone has to leak the new OS. Why is it that there are leaked and hybrid OS files for the handheld devices and not the playbook? I would take my chances on an incomplete OS. We have all been beta testers for this thing.
    I believe this has been mentioned before - is there a way to sideload an entire OS?
    09-18-11 11:26 AM
    Okay with this news I've ordered a 64 Gig PlayBook through my work, they have a great employee discount right now. Just in time to get the $100 Rebate too:

Yeah $399 for the 64gb PlayBook is a steal!!!
    09-18-11 11:34 AM
    I believe this has been mentioned before - is there a way to sideload an entire OS?
    No. For security purposes or whatever, theonly way to load the OS is via OTA. This means that everybody runs the latest OS when they initially set up the Playbook or if they do a security wipe. I wonder if this is going to change with the new OS as well.
    09-18-11 11:56 AM
    Just tried out the latest build tonight, looks epic! No more tabs, everything is as Kevin predicted, laid out as iOS. You hold over an icon to move it/drag it onto another to create a folder. Android marketplace is no longer a separate icon, but rather built into App world, it takes a special code to pull them up. Oh, and contrary to what I said before, you can now add any BBM pin to the *NATIVE* BBM app! Not just Playbook to Playbook, so I'm glad someone was listening.

Can't wait for this update!
    @KB2755 or anyone ;-)
    Is there somewhere any footprint of the DNLA compliance ? Any logo somewhere, network enabling section ...
    This could be a real big-big news.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-18-11 at 12:10 PM.
    09-18-11 12:08 PM
    Yeah $399 for the 64gb PlayBook is a steal!!!
    Plus $100 off on top of that through the RIM rebate program:

Cleanton likes this.
    09-18-11 12:18 PM
    yah, but no.
    09-18-11 09:09 PM
    I hate iOS with a passion. WTF!

True PUSH email since the new rumor is that its not? Silverlight support? Any new RIM/native Apps? Does it have any native TAT Apps?
    iOS layout doesn't bother me, though I kinda like the PB UI the way it is. Oh well, the only constant is change. Android player is huge, BTW. That alone would make the Playbook preferred for me provided it worked as smoothly as VMware.
    09-19-11 08:53 AM
    iOS layout doesn't bother me, though I kinda like the PB UI the way it is. Oh well, the only constant is change. Android player is huge, BTW. That alone would make the Playbook preferred for me provided it worked as smoothly as VMware.
    Can't wait to see how this works (andriod player). There are some key apps that I would love to have on my pb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-11 08:56 AM
    As far as I am aware, from the screenshots posted of v2.0, native mail will be Pop/Imap which leads me to believe that if things stay as they are you will have the ability to use your bridge connection to download the emails should you wish to.

I like the way Bridge functions so I think I will stick with it.
    I was hoping that native email will be Pop/Imap/ActiveSync (Exchange).
    09-19-11 09:16 AM
    will android app player run more than one android app at a time??
    09-19-11 09:32 AM
    will android app player run more than one android app at a time??

I am curious about this as well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-19-11 09:36 AM
198 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD