Hello, I've been trying to get a PB for the last 2 months for $200 and SBB wouldn't process my order since I'm paying with a mexican CC but shipping to the US, Sprint doesn't allow foreign CC and that's everywhere you could buy one at a reasonable price now.

So having said this, I just picked up a refurbished unit from BB for $169 plus Shipping and taxes was $195 (almost like a brand new one from SBB when they were $200). This is my first experience with refurbished products and a PB.

What do you guys think of refurb products and for those who have bought a refurbd PB what was your experience?

Thanks
    01-05-12 10:57 PM
    01-05-12 11:42 PM
    Well congrats on the new PlayBook and welcome to CrackBerry. Follow the links in my signature to learn all the ins and outs of your new PlayBook.
    01-05-12 11:48 PM
    Hello, I've been trying to get a PB for the last 2 months for $200 and SBB wouldn't process my order since I'm paying with a mexican CC but shipping to the US, Sprint doesn't allow foreign CC and that's everywhere you could buy one at a reasonable price now.

So having said this, I just picked up a refurbished unit from BB for $169 plus Shipping and taxes was $195 (almost like a brand new one from SBB when they were $200). This is my first experience with refurbished products and a PB.

What do you guys think of refurb products and for those who have bought a refurbd PB what was your experience?

Thanks
    So I totally didn't see this thread, but I just did the exact same thing....been looking, and bit on the BB refurb. Best of luck to you friend! I hope these turn out to be pretty much brand new ones that people got for Christmas, and just returned for whatever reason.
    01-06-12 12:38 AM
    I don't have any experience with a refurbished PB, but I did have a refurbished Tour after my track ball went out on me. That thing worked great for years and is still in operating condition. I don't think you should be worried about having a refurbished product. The way I understand it, when a product is refurbished, they replace any part of the casing that shows wear and it is then individually tested to make sure everything is working as it should be. Faulty components are then repaired of replaced. You're new PB should look brand new and you can rest easy knowing that it has gone through a series of tests by a qualified tech not just boxed up off an assembly line where they are tested in batches. Enjoy your new tablet!
    Last edited by bgriff25; 01-06-12 at 09:08 AM.
    Lyls likes this.
    01-06-12 06:28 AM
    Welcome George.
    01-06-12 06:35 AM
    Why would you buy refurbished when 16gig go for $199 at Sprint?
    01-06-12 08:15 AM
    Why isn't VZW selling them for $199? Does it matter if I have VZW and get a PB from Sprint? If not, I'm going to order one.
    01-06-12 08:17 AM
    Why isn't VZW selling them for $199? Does it matter if I have VZW and get a PB from Sprint? If not, I'm going to order one.
    Since the PB is wifi only, it doesn't matter where you get it.
    01-06-12 08:31 AM
    My question is he got a refurb using his Mexican CC I'm assuming from BB, but for whatever reasons, he couldn't buy a new PB from BB.
    01-06-12 08:36 AM
    He explained his reasoning in his op. I purchased a 32gb refurb from Best Buy & it looks brand new-not a scratch or dent on it & setup was a breeze! Not a single issue! Absolutely 0 regrets!
    01-06-12 08:55 AM
    What jslawell said, since it's wifi only and not via network it doesn't matter where you obtain one from. Your BB will be able to bridge to one no matter what. Instead of ordering one, try calling around to local Sprint stores to see if they happen to have any in stock. That way you could have one in your grubby lil paws TODAY instead of wait for one to be delivered like I am. I'm going nuts!
    01-06-12 09:20 AM
    Cool. I think imma order today from Sprint. I can't wait for the shipping. So, it won't be Sprint branded or have Sprint homepage that I can't get around?
    01-06-12 09:52 AM
    Cool. I think imma order today from Sprint. I can't wait for the shipping. So, it won't be Sprint branded or have Sprint homepage that I can't get around?
    Hey Chrisy, I bought mine from Sprint for 199 and the only way that anyone would know it was from Sprint is if they saw the bag that they put it in....no Sprint branding what so ever.
    01-06-12 10:02 AM
    Thanks for the responses guys.

My concerns were a little more in the performance side than the aesthetics, but happy to hear from those of you with a refurbished one haven't had any issues.
    01-06-12 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD