Bestbuy is having a two day sale for the Bold for all US carriers. $99 for all except for Verizon is free.

My patience paid off because I am getting the normally $199 Bold for $50 with the promotional giftcard offer Bestbuy ran!!!

So excited and the phone should get here on or before the 21st, just in time for OS2.
    02-19-12 09:07 AM
    Wow, that's a great deal. You are going to love your 9930. I had a 9700 when I first got my PB and it was OK. When I upgraded to the 9930, I was blown away by how much better it was. Another bonus is the touchscreen. I used to get frustrated after using the PB for a while, then picking up my 9700 and forgetting that it's not a touchscreen. In fact, I still do that with my wife's old curve. The 9930 makes your BB experience seemless. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
    02-19-12 09:21 AM
    I'm sitting here right now in Church bridged using my 9930. It's an awesome combo. The bridging is just as fast as some wireless networks I've been on. Oh oh, gotta go. Preacher is staring at me..........
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    02-19-12 10:30 AM
    I'm sitting here right now in Church bridged using my 9930. It's an awesome combo. The bridging is just as fast as some wireless networks I've been on. Oh oh, gotta go. Preacher is staring at me..........
    I hope your insurance covers Acts of God...
    02-19-12 10:32 AM
    Oh and i forgot to add, doing the buyback program so i can upgrade when the bb10 phone comes out and I dont have to wait until my contract expires!!!!!!
    02-19-12 10:49 AM
    I have been waiting for Verizon to drop the price. The problem with these 3rd party sellers is that they seem to require that I drop my current cheap (limited minutes is all I need) grandfathered calling plan.

I keep checking Verizon daily but still holding at $229!!!!

edited to add: I just called verizon online - they do not price match. I was even willing to pay a bit more than FREE!
    Last edited by F2; 02-19-12 at 12:48 PM.
    02-19-12 11:53 AM
    wifi internet isn't working today and now i'm on my pb bridged with my 9900.
    so awesome yaya, with OS2.0 in sight it can't go wrong anymore.
    best of the best.
    02-19-12 11:58 AM
    9900/9930 + BlackBerry PlayBook =the best mobile pairing on the market

Post PB 2.0........Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo
    rjedge54 likes this.
    02-19-12 12:00 PM
    I have been waiting for Verizon to drop the price. The problem with these 3rd party sellers is that they seem to require that I drop my current cheap (limited minutes is all I need) grandfathered calling plan.

I keep checking Verizon daily but still holding at $229!!!!
    Yeah thats why people can say what they want about sprint but I got unlimited data!!! Plus my clear mobile hotspot with unlimited 4G is an awesome combo!!!!
    02-19-12 12:12 PM
    As soon as I saw the demo of the new bridging functionality, I decided to upgrade my 9800 to the 9900. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Torch, but with the Playbook many of the reasons for choosing it disappeared, and the Bold keyboards are..well, superior. Now having the 9900 for a few weeks I can say that it is the best keyboard RIM has come up with yet. With it also being a touch screen I will have the best of both worlds with 2.0. We love our Playbooks as they are but we also can't wait until TwosDay.
    02-19-12 12:26 PM
    Great choice. My bridged 9930 has worked far better than my 9650 ever did, by an order of magnitude.
    02-19-12 12:44 PM
    DEAR aghoward02:

THANKS very much for this posting. I just ordered the 9930. Hopefully, it will work out - there seem to be no detriments by going this way so I just ordered the 9930 for FREE for Verizon. This "price" is $200 cheaper than the Verizon price with my re-up discount. It appears that it merely extends my existing quite old calling plan and obviously, the bb data plan. Not even any sales tax - which I find hard to believe since Best Buy has a presence in my state. But I guess 9.5 percent (don't use the pb calculator to figure out percentage) of ZERO is really ZERO.

Again, thanks (if all goes well)
    02-19-12 02:20 PM
    DEAR aghoward02:

THANKS very much for this posting. I just ordered the 9930. Hopefully, it will work out - there seem to be no detriments by going this way so I just ordered the 9930 for FREE for Verizon. This "price" is $200 cheaper than the Verizon price with my re-up discount. It appears that it merely extends my existing quite old calling plan and obviously, the bb data plan. Not even any sales tax - which I find hard to believe since Best Buy has a presence in my state. But I guess 9.5 percent (don't use the pb calculator to figure out percentage) of ZERO is really ZERO.

Again, thanks (if all goes well)
    Glad to help, keep me posted on how it works out. Blackberry for life!!! Even though the kids think im crazy
    02-19-12 03:47 PM
    Glad to help, keep me posted on how it works out. Blackberry for life!!! Even though the kids think im crazy
    WELL... I have not yet retracted my thanks but...

Seems that I picked "deliver to store" which was an option. You canNOT do that with mobile phones! So I called them to change the delivery. Can't do that either - have to cancel and re-order. She handled it all including credit card, drivers license and more UNTIL.... (wait for it).... NO more stock. I was unduly polite and said thanks and goodbye. She called me back within 5 minutes and noted she placed a note my account - I am entitled to the free phone and free shipping whenever it comes back into stock. We shall see. In the mean time Best Buy has earned my enmity!

Over and out.
    02-19-12 04:24 PM
    My upgrade is next month so thinking of getting the 9930 too..already bought the playbook n these two look like a good combo..too bad u gotta pay for mobile hotspot
    02-19-12 07:37 PM
    Wish I could take advantage of that deal. My contract will not be up until Sept 1. I was thinking. to ad another line is only $10 a month. That is still basically $170 for that phone. Still save $30. I have not heard of the buyback thing though.
    Last edited by dapperdon; 02-19-12 at 08:41 PM.
    02-19-12 08:29 PM
    I have a 9930 Bold and Playbook. They pair together perfectly.
    02-19-12 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD