So after a month of waiting a month of waiting i finally got my blackberry playbook.
    after setting it up and using it for ten mins i have some questions.
    1) Does it not have double tap to zoom in the browser? It doesnt seem to work?

2) When i got to select a number on the keyboard, after i push a number, it doesnt go back to letters, i have to click the letter key to go back to letters, i dont like that

3) How does auto correct work?

thanks!
    12-30-11 02:06 PM
    from what I understand these are 'features' which currently arn't available (if they are please correct me as I want them too) hopefuly they will be in the 2.0 update.
    12-30-11 02:13 PM
    The double tap should work. Sometimes there is something in a web site preventing it. For crackberry it used to only work when not logged in, but now I notice the forum post show full width when logged in,

There is no auto correct, just spell check and there are only corrections in Words to Go.
    12-30-11 02:18 PM
    Think how inconvenient iy would be if you wanted to, say, type in a phone number ... and every time you pressed a digit the keyboard took you back to the alphabet! Surely you wouldn't want that?
    12-30-11 03:08 PM
    So after a month of waiting a month of waiting i finally got my blackberry playbook.
    after setting it up and using it for ten mins i have some questions.
    1) Does it not have double tap to zoom in the browser? It doesnt seem to work?

2) When i got to select a number on the keyboard, after i push a number, it doesnt go back to letters, i have to click the letter key to go back to letters, i dont like that

3) How does auto correct work?

thanks!
    1. You can use two fingers to zoom in and out on web pages.
    2. Seriously?
    3. Auto correct does not function across all applications, yet.
    12-30-11 03:51 PM
    The "double tap" sometimes works and sometimes not! I've got a tv news site - sometimes it works fine if I d-tap the text and at times it does not work but if I d-tap the adjoining picture it does work. By the way email does NOT pinch/zoom at all. And to copy/paste from an incoming email, start a reply, copy text then cancel the reply!

Word-to-go has the most complete TEXT assistance. It will provide spelling alternatives as well as changing "dont" to "don't" and uppercasing i to I.

Email does not provide spelling options but underlines errors but does to the auto dont to don't type stuff.

Reply boxes like here on crackberry - underline spelling errors but that's it!!!
    12-30-11 04:51 PM
    The "double tap" sometimes works and sometimes not! I've got a tv news site - sometimes it works fine if I d-tap the text and at times it does not work but if I d-tap the adjoining picture it does work. By the way email does NOT pinch/zoom at all. And to copy/paste from an incoming email, start a reply, copy text then cancel the reply!

Word-to-go has the most complete TEXT assistance. It will provide spelling alternatives as well as changing "dont" to "don't" and uppercasing i to I.

Email does not provide spelling options but underlines errors but does to the auto dont to don't type stuff.

Reply boxes like here on crackberry - underline spelling errors but that's it!!!
    Thanks!
    Btw, I love it so far! Its a great device!
    12-30-11 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD