Whilst I appreciate the new CEO calling you, I think its important that crackberry stays impartial. I have both playbook and ipad and can't wait until I list the ipad for sale on ebay. The truth is, I am waiting for os2 to decide!

I log onto crackberry everyday and wait for your insider knowledge, if you don't push for the info, then I have to question if I am waiting in vain.

I wan't RIM to succeed and I love the playbook, no buts.

Sorry crackberry do your job, we give you influence please give us answers!!!!

When will os2 be released? You are more important to RIM THAN WE ARE AS INDIVIDUALS.
    02-07-12 06:20 PM
    Whilst I appreciate the new CEO calling you, I think its important that crackberry stays impartial. I have both playbook and ipad and can't wait until I list the ipad for sale on ebay. The truth is, I am waiting for os2 to decide!

I log onto crackberry everyday and wait for your insider knowledge, if you don't push for the info, then I have to question if I am waiting in vain.

When will os2 be released? You are more important to RIM THAN WE ARE AS INDIVIDUALS.
    Dude, settle down.
    This isn't crackberry's job.
    And only RIM knows the answer.
    Just wait, like the rest of us.
    artie and Kingkracker like this.
    02-07-12 06:25 PM
    Dude, settle down.
    This isn't crackberry's job.
    And only RIM knows the answer.
    Just wait, like the rest of us.
    So true. We are only talking about a few more days. It's not like some of us who waited many months. Patience is a virtue.

Besides, OP, your iPad will not depreciate in value if you wait two-three more weeks.
    jonmark likes this.
    02-07-12 06:27 PM
    CrackBerry will give you answers as they know it. They know the same info as you do.

And you can rest assure that you will know ASAP if anything comes along.
    02-07-12 06:29 PM

we r same bro..but what to do.its not crackberry job..
    RIM must release it fast..i noe what u feel bro..but maybe got a reason y RIM still hold the official Os2.0..we together patiently waiting bro..

Come on RIM!!
    02-07-12 06:31 PM
    Thanks for reading and I understand, but we don't have a direct access! Crackberry does, what better way to spread the word than this site. We can do more for RIM on this site then anybody.

Trust me, I love the playbook and I own my own business. Leak the date here and RIM will have more hits in one day than google!!!!! They don't have the marketing budget to cover the cost for doing this. I appreciate the new CEO calling Kevin but this is real chance to promote RIM, c'mon one small rumour creates interest. One confirmed rumour creates jobs, multiple jobs creates profit, profit creates wealth. C'mon RIM
    02-07-12 06:35 PM
    This release is a big deal.

It's a big deal because RIM has developed an unfortunate reputation for missing release targets over the past couple of years, and because the whole PlayBook division descended into utter chaos last year.

It's crucial that RIM manage this release properly, because a lot of expectations are riding on it. It's very telling that when there was a minor issue with a feature demo during the CEO's keynote at DevCon this morning, RIM posted a new video to show that the feature really does work.

RIM is also facing significant announcements from Microsoft (Windows 8 beta) and Apple (iPad 3; there's been word of an announcement "sometime this month"). It's very important that RIM control the message in such a way that it doesn't get lost in the chatter surrounding the other announcements.

Given these considerations, I think I can forgive them for not telling me the exact moment the update will be available...
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    02-07-12 06:47 PM
    If crackberry knows anything and isn't saying it's called an NDA.
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    02-07-12 06:53 PM
    And how come I can't get no Tang around here?!?
    Last edited by robtanz; 02-07-12 at 06:59 PM.
    02-07-12 06:56 PM
    CrackBerry get's paid to tell you information as SOON as they get it.
    What would they get to NOT tell you information?
    Nothing, they would lose money and members.
    THEY WILL tell you information as soon as they know it!
    This is the kind of thing BlackBerry's good at... Keeping secrets inside Waterloo.
    You don't see them leaving BB10 devices in bar's like umm... well never-mind.

DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN-DOO-DOO-DOO
    Your mission if you choose to accept it is, to sneak into the BlackBerry Waterloo headquarters, and get the wanted information. If possible get a few thousand BB10 devices for us CrackBerrians.

Anyway, getting back to the point!
    This isn't some conspiracy, RIM isn't paying CrackBerry to hold back the O.S 2.0 information until it's released!
    Anyway, have a good night!
    rT
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 02-07-12 at 07:24 PM.
    Nicola, kevinm157 and missing_K-W like this.
    02-07-12 06:58 PM
    .................................................. ..........
    02-07-12 07:13 PM
    I'm frustrated! For info, my loyalty to blackberry is accidental. i started by buying a VW golf gtd with a bluetooth handsfree carphone kit. it needed a phone with SRP capability, so a blackberry phone followed. i was so impressed I bought a playbook, brand loyalty no less. all I want is answers. when I go to the dentist I want to know why my tooth hurts not what else might be wrong. in a world full of dishonesty please give me a date for os2, deliver it. let me enjoy it, tell me where we are going next and I will follow. pleaaasssseeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-07-12 07:13 PM
    I'm frustrated! For info, my loyalty to blackberry is accidental. i started by buying a VW golf gtd with a bluetooth handsfree carphone kit. it needed a phone with SRP capability, so a blackberry phone followed. i was so impressed I bought a playbook, brand loyalty no less. all I want is answers. when I go to the dentist I want to know why my tooth hurts not what else might be wrong. in a world full of dishonesty please give me a date for os2, deliver it. let me enjoy it, tell me where we are going next and I will follow. pleaaasssseeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
    We will tell you when BlackBerry tell's us.
    I don't know what you want us to say...
    BlackBerry is a kind of "surprise" company.
    SURPRISE O.S 2.0 RELEASED!
    SURPRISE THE PLAYBOOK RELEASE DATE WAS MOVED BACK!
    SURPRISE THERE IS NO MORE BBX!
    SURPRISE... where's BB 8 and 9?
    You get the point.
    Have a very good night.
    02-07-12 07:20 PM
    .................................................. ..........
    Thanks, exactly what I needed at to my last post!
    02-07-12 07:22 PM
    You sure the OP isn't being sarcastic? Esp in the last post?
    02-07-12 07:22 PM
    You sure the OP isn't being sarcastic? Esp in the last post?
    I don't know I can't tell as we aren't talking and I can't hear his tone...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-07-12 07:27 PM
    CrackBerry get's paid to tell you information as SOON as they get it.
    Nah, Crackberry can get paid by appearing to be able to get the info for us sooner than others. Getting it or not doesn't really change their profitability. So there is no incentive for them to get the info for us unless someone else can get it.
    02-07-12 07:42 PM
    No offense, but it's my view that this may be the dumbest forum thread ever.

A) NO KIDDING WE HAVE TO REMAIN IMPARTIAL. I've been doing this a lot of years. We know what we're doing. We serve our community. This site is here because of our awesome community. Having some kudos from RIM is awesome, but it doesn't change our relationship.

B) Re: PlayBook OS 2.0... Don't you read the blogs? I addressed this today already....

"On the announcement front, there wasn't really anything in the way of BlackBerry news. But honestly, we didn't go to the show expecting any. Mobile World Congress is coming up at the end of this month, which makes a much more strategic time and venue to officially release PlayBook OS 2.0 (and maybe announce some PlayBook models with radios inside). And as for learning more about BlackBerry 10 phones, knowing they won't hit until later in the year it makes sense that BlackBerry World in May may be where we get a bigger glimpse."

There's no secret here. PlayBook OS 2.0 is going to drop at the end of this month at Mobile World Congress. That's when it makes sense to do it. Doing it at DevCon wouldn't make as much sense. I'll also put out there that I bet at BlackBerry World in May we'll probably see the new NDK (w/ Cascades) announced/released and probably see some QNX "developer" phones become available then. I don't think they'll show off the final phones, as that's too big a gap between announcement to a later in the year release. That'll give devs 5-6 months with the NDK to build apps before we see the new phones hit towards the end of the year.

Bottom line... MWC at the end of the month. If you read the site you'd already know I said this.

ALSO.. if you're a long time reader and do any research, you'd know that it's against corporate rules to "provide forward looking information". RIM can't answer questions like that. So we know what we know, but asking the question is just amateur.

That's it. Sorry to be direct here, but threads like this just make me mad. Do your homework. Know us better. We're CrackBerry. We're #1 for a reason. We're passionate, we love our community, and we KNOW what we're doing.

C) When it comes to posting, we post stuff when and as we can. When we post doesn't trickle down back to some sort of profitability notion... like it's better to post later than now, etc. That's dumb. Everyday we just want to do to the best job at running this site. Relaying news as we have it, servicing our users, etc. We don't think short term. We think long term. We just try and do a great job.

Hope that clarifies things.

K
    02-07-12 07:54 PM
    No offense, but it's my view that this may be the dumbest forum thread ever.

A) NO KIDDING WE HAVE TO REMAIN IMPARTIAL. I've been doing this a lot of years. We know what we're doing. We serve our community. This site is here because of our awesome community. Having some kudos from RIM is awesome, but it doesn't change our relationship.

B) Re: PlayBook OS 2.0... Don't you read the blogs? I addressed this today already....

"On the announcement front, there wasn't really anything in the way of BlackBerry news. But honestly, we didn't go to the show expecting any. Mobile World Congress is coming up at the end of this month, which makes a much more strategic time and venue to officially release PlayBook OS 2.0 (and maybe announce some PlayBook models with radios inside). And as for learning more about BlackBerry 10 phones, knowing they won't hit until later in the year it makes sense that BlackBerry World in May may be where we get a bigger glimpse."

There's no secret here. PlayBook OS 2.0 is going to drop at the end of this month at Mobile World Congress. That's when it makes sense to do it. Doing it at DevCon wouldn't make as much sense. I'll also put out there that I bet at BlackBerry World in May we'll probably see the new NDK (w/ Cascades) announced/released and probably see some QNX "developer" phones become available then. I don't think they'll show off the final phones, as that's too big a gap between announcement to a later in the year release. That'll give devs 5-6 months with the NDK to build apps before we see the new phones hit towards the end of the year.

Bottom line... MWC at the end of the month. If you read the site you'd already know I said this.

ALSO.. if you're a long time reader and do any research, you'd know that it's against corporate rules to "provide forward looking information". RIM can't answer questions like that. So we know what we know, but asking the question is just amateur.

That's it. Sorry to be direct here, but threads like this just make me mad. Do your homework. Know us better. We're CrackBerry. We're #1 for a reason. We're passionate, we love our community, and we KNOW what we're doing.

C) When it comes to posting, we post stuff when and as we can. When we post doesn't trickle down back to some sort of profitability notion... like it's better to post later than now, etc. That's dumb. Everyday we just want to do to the best job at running this site. Relaying news as we have it, servicing our users, etc. We don't think short term. We think long term. We just try and do a great job.

Hope that clarifies things.

K
    Ah and another useless OP post gets slammed for its sheer stupidity. Good job Kevin
    02-07-12 08:03 PM
    The chief has spoken, all shall be silent... Except you know... The chief.
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 02-07-12 at 08:09 PM.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-07-12 08:05 PM
    Thank you , silence is golden
    02-07-12 08:07 PM
    Morning from the UK, firstly thank you for taking the time to reply. I don't question your passion or loyalty to your readers. I am slmply showing my frustration at the crass nature of RIM. Its againstcorporate rules to provide forward looking information.....I'm asking for the launch date of a product they promised ages ago!! Nothing more. I appreciate you post when you can and that you want the information to be accurate, I just want an answer. I accept its not Crackberry's place to answer but you have more chance to speak directly to RIM than I do, how can RIM expect brand loyalty when all we hear is silence. Do i think its the dumbest post ever, maybe. Am I offended, no. At least you responded and let me express my views through the forum. I wish RIM offered the same courtesy.
    02-08-12 02:38 AM
    Cool. RIM did say "February". That's half a date.
    02-08-12 02:56 AM
    Mobile World Congress 2012

27 Feb to 1 Mar. Looks like we're going to be disappointed, then, having worked ourselves up into a frenzy speculating on this site over Feb 17 and Feb 21.

02-08-12 03:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD