I recently started to use my Playbook again. Now that the new update for the bridge app was released yesterday, I am now able to get my SMS text messages on my Playbook. I have run into a new problem. I am not able to integrate my Gmail addresses on it anymore. I had to change my password for both of my gmail accounts and I went to the playbook to update them and they will not save anymore. I had them both working just fine before I changed my passwords. I changed the ports and settings from imap to pop and neither of them worked.

Did support for Gmail or IMAP support end for the Playbook? Am I the only one having this issue? If any one have an update or fix, please let me know?

I hope there's another bridge update that will bring back the email access. I have no issues with Gmail on my Z10.
    11-20-13 02:35 AM
    Do you mean the accounts linked to your playbook, or the ones on your phone linked through bridge?
    I haven't bridged since before the update, so I can not comment on that. I can say that my email accounts set up on my playbook still function like normal.
    11-20-13 10:42 AM
    I recently started to use my Playbook again. Now that the new update for the bridge app was released yesterday, I am now able to get my SMS text messages on my Playbook. I have run into a new problem. I am not able to integrate my Gmail addresses on it anymore. I had to change my password for both of my gmail accounts and I went to the playbook to update them and they will not save anymore. I had them both working just fine before I changed my passwords. I changed the ports and settings from imap to pop and neither of them worked.

Did support for Gmail or IMAP support end for the Playbook? Am I the only one having this issue? If any one have an update or fix, please let me know?

I hope there's another bridge update that will bring back the email access. I have no issues with Gmail on my Z10.
    The new bridge supports BBM and SMS only. Email has not been integrated in bridge as yet?
    11-20-13 10:50 AM
    I am presuming you mean in terms of the Playbook native email app for the gmail accounts.

It works fine for me, so in that sense yes it's "just you". Which is good - because an expert will be along to advise you what the problem is.
    11-20-13 12:12 PM
    aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh the dreaded word expert!!!!!!!!!! two syllable word that when broken down means:

1. x = unknown factor in an equation
    2. spert = drip under pressure

Therefore an expert is really "an unknown factor that is basically a drip under pressure"?

I'm going now.
    11-20-13 12:59 PM
    Works for me. I'm relegated to this playbook until my Z10 comes back. Gmail is fine though.
    11-20-13 01:02 PM
    Remove and readd the account(s). Accept the default values and see what happens. Verify password - letters/numbers.
    11-21-13 12:19 AM
    My Z10 will not bridge to the playbook, actually been a major dissapointment on this matter, always waiting for the next upgrade, it seems to become a way of life now.
    11-21-13 12:31 AM
    I am referring to the native email application not the email bridge application (that no longer exists). When I attempted to update the passwords to my accounts on the Playbook is when I ran into all of the issues. Once again, I played around with the settings (IMAP to POP and back), I deleted the addresses and then attempted to add them back. No luck still.

I appreciate all of the "ATTEMPTS" to lighten the mood, but I'm looking for some real advise or some REAL help.

Thanks
    11-21-13 03:43 AM
    My Z10 will not bridge to the playbook, actually been a major dissapointment on this matter, always waiting for the next upgrade, it seems to become a way of life now.
    My Z10 bridges fine to the Playbook.

Zed 10 via CB10
    11-21-13 05:23 AM