What you would have found If you had installed it years ago when it hit the streets but you won't find now is it fixed the Google sync calendar and contacts problems. Google have since broken that again so back to the drawing board on that one. It also fixed the similar issue with yahoo, but please don't tell yahoo because they don't know yet and it still works.
    Do you mean caldav and such with google / gmail?

Mine was broken for a while, and threads seemed active everywhere about the problem, then magically it all started working again a few days back.

I can only seemingly get one of my PlayBooks to use ActiveSync with gmail, though (and I know it's days are numbered).
    04-06-13 08:15 AM
    Presumably you mean the OS section? No - they are the same - same build numbers and versions.

That said, although I didn't specifically check before accepting the update, I suspect they were prior to this small update, too.

The only difference between the about screens is the hardware section lists slightly more apps installed, and a lot more data storage in use on my main PlayBook compared with this new one.
    Oh and you got an audio boost button that was stolen off me by the french!!!!!!! However I stole it back by setting my language to English (US). It's a European thing you know.
    04-06-13 08:19 AM
    Oh and you got an audio boost button that was stolen off me by the french!!!!!!! However I stole it back by setting my language to English (US). It's a European thing you know.
    "Cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys" (TM) stole your audio boost button - the swines - but now you've stolen it back?!

Sounds like the subject - or perhaps even title - of some irreverent, satirical film, involving puppets.

Hang on, you're that guy, aren't you? "I do have are a very particular set of skills..."
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-06-13 08:34 AM
    "Cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys" (TM) stole your audio boost button - the swines - but now you've stolen it back?!

Sounds like the subject - or perhaps even title - of some irreverent, satirical film, involving puppets.

Hang on, you're that guy, aren't you? "I do have are a very particular set of skills..."
    Do you mean sweet innocent little muwoa!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Just had a small software update to .1526-bd310e7f6f8883ce4be8900484907a81_cover_336_280.jpg  
    04-06-13 08:57 AM
    I got the update today on my 16gb but my 32gb doesn't show an available update.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Support your local paramedics...Run with scissors.
    04-07-13 10:53 PM
    They're preparing for the bb10 big update lol
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-08-13 09:01 AM
    They're preparing for the bb10 big update lol
    I'm looking forward to free space travel for everyone!
    FF22 likes this.
    04-08-13 09:04 AM
    why does everyone think there will be BB OS10 on a old PB, why would BB want to extend the life on the old PB
    lets be realistic and not day dream

OS 10 will be on the new, next, coming out in September PB, the one with 2 ghz, LTE and 32 & 64 gb only, with a real USB port, and micro card up to 64gb, with a real OS bridge to the Z10 and Q10
    Plus the new tablet will not be called Playbook, BB needs a new name for the new tablet, one Edsel name is enough
    Last edited by hreiner1; 06-29-13 at 06:39 AM.
    04-08-13 09:59 AM
    why does everyone think there will be BB OS10 on a old PB, why would BB want to extend the life on the old PB

OS 10 will be on the new, next, coming out in September PB, the one with 2 ghz, LTE and 32 & 64 gb only, with a real USB port, and micro card up to 64gb, with a real OS bridge to the Z10 and Q10
    Plus the new tablet will not be called Playbook, BB needs a new name for the new tablet, one Edsel name is enough
    Because we all believe in aliens, that santa clause is really a woman, because we are all day dreamers, because we believe in fairies, because we all love each other?

So it has to be true. If not then I have been lied to by all them people wot are out there lying to me and I'm on your side then!

ps do you know where I lost my cellar?
    04-08-13 10:08 AM
    why does everyone think there will be BB OS10 on a old PB,
    At a guess, presumably because BlackBerry (nee RIM) have always said it would.
    why would BB want to extend the life on the old PB
    Perhaps because of the "firesale" prices, they have a rather large user base - perhaps larger for the PlayBook than perhaps was realistic at the outset.
    Over the last 12 months or so, how many OS updates has there been for the PlayBook - and if you look at the timing of the last OS release - that's not exactly the behaviour of a company that have abandoned support for the PlayBook.
    I'm not yet convinced there definitely will be a new tablet, yet - whether BlackBerry are, one way, or another, remains to be seen, too.

I think it may happen - but also, I think other factors will influence what they decide to do - probably how things pan out over a bit longer timescale with the Z10, Q10, and perhaps BB10 on the PlayBook.

Personally, I'm rather ambivalent to BB10 on the PlayBook - all it would take to make me completely happy would be a native release of the Kindle app, and maybe Skype. BB10, as things stand, I'm not sure - I like how my PlayBooks perform and work (largely) on 2.1.0.1526, so I'll probably play wait-and-see when BB10 does get released for the PlayBook.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-08-13 10:12 AM
    At a guess, presumably because BlackBerry (nee RIM) have always said it would.

Perhaps because of the "firesale" prices, they have a rather large user base - perhaps larger for the PlayBook than perhaps was realistic at the outset.

Over the last 12 months or so, how many OS updates has there been for the PlayBook - and if you look at the timing of the last OS release - that's not exactly the behaviour of a company that have abandoned support for the PlayBook.

I'm not yet convinced there definitely will be a new tablet, yet - whether BlackBerry are, one way, or another, remains to be seen, too.

I think it may happen - but also, I think other factors will influence what they decide to do - probably how things pan out over a bit longer timescale with the Z10, Q10, and perhaps BB10 on the PlayBook.

Personally, I'm rather ambivalent to BB10 on the PlayBook - all it would take to make me completely happy would be a native release of the Kindle app, and maybe Skype. BB10, as things stand, I'm not sure - I like how my PlayBooks perform and work (largely) on 2.1.0.1526, so I'll probably play wait-and-see when BB10 does get released for the PlayBook.
    Boo hoo, boo hoo, (that's me crying and sobbing by the way..... Ok I did my best)

I hate divorces, they make me cry! When did this happen and why didn't you tell me before?
    04-08-13 10:21 AM
    Yes I had the same thing a while ago. No noticeable changes.
    04-08-13 10:22 AM
    Boo hoo, boo hoo, (that's me crying and sobbing by the way..... Ok I did my best)

I hate divorces, they make me cry! When did this happen and why didn't you tell me before?
    Did you know you can get divorce greetings cards, now?

"This country is going straight to ****!"
    04-08-13 10:37 AM
    Yyeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stand by big boys coz I just found my cellar! Oh I know exactly how colonel sanders felt when he saw his first chicken? God bless homing pidgeons!
    04-08-13 12:33 PM
    it was gas
    04-08-13 12:35 PM
    it was gas
    No it was kryptonite
    04-08-13 12:39 PM
41 12