Not sure what made me do a software update on my 2nd PlayBook (it's fairly new, so just left on charge and I've just really installed my apps but not really done much else with it).

It was a 1MB update for .1526 - and I wished I'd had the presence of mind to do a screen capture. It wasn't one of those updates you get when you uninstall / delete an app or shortcut it wants to put back - it specifically mentioned issues regarding gmail and yahoo email setup, and mentioned something about browser improvement(s) too. That did make me wonder about the gmail / caldav issue, recently.

OS version number hasn't changed, and I checked on my main PlayBook and it didn't show any available updates.

Just to be clear, this is a new-ish PlayBook, nothing uninstalled, and a small amount of apps installed, nothing sideloaded.
    Last edited by Wongsky; 04-05-13 at 04:25 PM.
    04-05-13 09:17 AM
    I also loaded that by mistake too seemed it took forever to finish, thought I accidently download
    Bb10....lol.
    Only thing I've noticed is different wallpapers I never had before!
    Oh" this was on my year old 16g and it was up to date, didn't try to update the 32 though?
    04-05-13 10:57 AM
    nothing on mine.
    04-05-13 11:18 AM
    Me neither.
    04-05-13 12:54 PM
    I've just both mine and my dad's and both are already at .1526 so it must've been a stealth install.
    04-05-13 03:43 PM
    I've had 1526 for a while

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 04:05 PM
    I've had 1526 for a while

Posted via CB10
    Um, I have - the PlayBook in question (my 2nd, a new one I've only had for a week or so) was already on .1526 when it got this update. I did make that clear in the OP.
    04-05-13 04:23 PM
    where are you located??? could be a regional thing...
    04-05-13 04:52 PM
    You must have deleted a installed app somehow .....thts the right PlayBook OS version
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-05-13 05:18 PM
    where are you located??? could be a regional thing...
    I'm in the UK.
    04-05-13 05:20 PM
    You must have deleted a installed app somehow .....thts the right PlayBook OS version
    You did read the OP, right?

It's a fairly new PlayBook (a week or so old) - it doesn't really get used at present. It got .1526 when I first booted up.

I haven't deleted any apps. All I've done is add some. I've added no data to it, nor really used it that much at all, really. I use my main / original PlayBook - this has just been sat near my PC on charge.

I just happened to pick it up to check my email settings on it. Then I saw the prompt. I'm aware of the small-ish updates, in the past, that have been for restoring deleted shortcuts / links, or apps the OS / region settings want to put back. But I've not deleted any apps or shortcuts. All I've done is add apps from my existing BlackBerry world account to it.

And the wording did mention something specifically about recent issues with gmail and yahoo email configurations.
    04-05-13 05:26 PM
    You did read the OP, right?

It's a fairly new PlayBook (a week or so old) - it doesn't really get used at present. It got .1526 when I first booted up.

I haven't deleted any apps. All I've done is add some. I've added no data to it, nor really used it that much at all, really. I use my main / original PlayBook - this has just been sat near my PC on charge.

I just happened to pick it up to check my email settings on it. Then I saw the prompt. I'm aware of the small-ish updates, in the past, that have been for restoring deleted shortcuts / links, or apps the OS / region settings want to put back. But I've not deleted any apps or shortcuts. All I've done is add apps from my existing BlackBerry world account to it.

And the wording did mention something specifically about recent issues with gmail and yahoo email configurations.
    Thanks for the "correction" .....I guess I have no clue
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-05-13 05:40 PM
    Um, I have - the PlayBook in question (my 2nd, a new one I've only had for a week or so) was already on .1526 when it got this update. I did make that clear in the OP.
    Ok, calm down, point was understood.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 06:01 PM
    Nothing here. Browser improvements sound good.
    04-05-13 07:22 PM
    I'm in the uk too and have no updates available. Would there not be an official announcement from bb if an update was available?
    04-05-13 07:31 PM
    Op must have got the 1mb primer update for BlackBerry10.

All the  BlackBerry employees have been hinting today on twitter about the PLAYBOOK getting "the royal treatment" or something like that.

Well it looks like BlackBerry10 is finally gonna grace our beloved PLAYBOOK'S....Or I'm totally full of sh!t.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    Spencerdl likes this.
    04-05-13 07:33 PM
    Op must have got the 1mb primer update for BlackBerry10.

All the  BlackBerry employees have been hinting today on twitter about the PLAYBOOK getting "the royal treatment" or something like that.

Well it looks like BlackBerry10 is finally gonna grace our beloved PLAYBOOK'S....Or I'm totally full of sh!t.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    Could be both?!!!??!?
    Spencerdl likes this.
    04-05-13 08:40 PM
    Ok, calm down, point was understood.

Posted via CB10
    I was perfectly calm - what makes you think otherwise?
    04-06-13 04:05 AM
    Not sure what made me do a software update on my 2nd PlayBook (it's fairly new, so just left on charge and I've just really installed my apps but not really done much else with it).

It was a 1MB update for .1526 - and I wished I'd had the presence of mind to do a screen capture. It wasn't one of those updates you get when you uninstall / delete an app or shortcut it wants to put back - it specifically mentioned issues regarding gmail and yahoo email setup, and mentioned something about browser improvement(s) too. That did make me wonder about the gmail / caldav issue, recently.

OS version number hasn't changed, and I checked on my main PlayBook and it didn't show any available updates.

Just to be clear, this is a new-ish PlayBook, nothing uninstalled, and a small amount of apps installed, nothing sideloaded.
    If you come out of your box more often you will notice things. I've had 1526 for approx two months?
    04-06-13 06:03 AM
    Got it too. 5mb update
    Bb10 is coming soon
    Soon
    04-06-13 06:55 AM
    If you come out of your box more often you will notice things. I've had 1526 for approx two months?
    I'm gonna assume you're 'avin a larf, guvnor.

But in case lurgy has diminished you, selected highlights from what I rather assumed would be a mildly interesting, yet rather uncontroversial OP...
    It was a 1MB update for .1526... It wasn't one of those updates you get when you uninstall / delete an app or shortcut it wants to put back... OS version number hasn't changed...
    ... from .1526

Oh and I like my box, I'm me in my box. I love me in my box. Why does the world have to hate? Leave Britney ALONE!
    04-06-13 07:19 AM
    Any difference between both devices' "About" screens?
    04-06-13 07:56 AM
    Yes ones one the left and ones on the right?
    04-06-13 08:00 AM
    What you would have found If you had installed it years ago when it hit the streets but you won't find now is it fixed the Google sync calendar and contacts problems. Google have since broken that again so back to the drawing board on that one. It also fixed the similar issue with yahoo, but please don't tell yahoo because they don't know yet and it still works.
    04-06-13 08:12 AM
    Presumably you mean the OS section? No - they are the same - same build numbers and versions.

That said, although I didn't specifically check before accepting the update, I suspect they were prior to this small update, too.

The only difference between the about screens is the hardware section lists slightly more apps installed, and a lot more data storage in use on my main PlayBook compared with this new one.
    04-06-13 08:13 AM
41 12