Was surfing for quite awhile etc. and my browser closed. So I opened it back up to clear the cache etc. and actually had to do it twice. Then for good measure I rebooted via the icon.

It loaded up I put my password in and it went blank, nothing. I'm thinking oh crap what just happened to my PB! So I do the good ol 3 finger salute, it restarts, I put in my password and it's back working as usual.

Gotta love QNX and when most of the bugs are ironed out all I can say is wow.
    justincase1911 and Willard814 like this.
    12-21-11 01:01 PM
    Yes, the rock solidness of pro-grade really shines in your darkest hour. Conversly, I can imagine some kid with an iPad, and that happening to him, and only imagining him smashing the tablet to the ground and demanding that his mother buy him another one.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 12-21-11 at 02:18 PM.
    12-21-11 01:21 PM
    If more people researched how to use the PB to its fullest and equiped themselves with the knowledge of how to operate it they would be able to do just what you did OP and sit back and be astonished at how well the PB works.
    ndon70 likes this.
    12-21-11 01:34 PM
    Was surfing for quite awhile etc. and my browser closed. So I opened it back up to clear the cache etc. and actually had to do it twice. Then for good measure I rebooted via the icon.

It loaded up I put my password in and it went blank, nothing. I'm thinking oh crap what just happened to my PB! So I do the good ol 3 finger salute, it restarts, I put in my password and it's back working as usual.

Gotta love QNX and when most of the bugs are ironed out all I can say is wow.
    Hey, while they are ironing things out - how 'bout the bulge on the back of the pb!!!!
    Spinalguy and Willard814 like this.
    12-21-11 01:41 PM
    Yes it is great and I had to lol at kid smashing ipad
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-21-11 01:43 PM
    Hey, while they are ironing things out - how 'bout the bulge on the back of the pb!!!!
    Too funny.
    12-21-11 01:44 PM
    Lol - dontcha hate when this kind of thing happens? I booted up my pb yesterday & was moving thru startup when I noticed a multi-colored line of pixels moving horizontally across the screen. Then another line started below it. I about had a stroke. Thinking crazy thots like stuck pixels etc. Then I realized my pb was probably just having a little brain fart & remembered all the times I've read the 3-finger reboot fixes just about everything. Tried it and all is well. So thanks to everyone who has ever posted that advice. One heart attack avoided.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-21-11 02:10 PM
    I've heard about the bulging back thing but it hasn't happened to mine or the wifes. Best advise... Don't leave your PB in the sun.
    Willard814 and alnamvet68 like this.
    12-21-11 04:08 PM
    As a former soldier (First Team Garyowen) and a windows user, when I saw the 'three fingered salute' I just snickered and moved on. (one finger salute from each hand and then the finger used to do a power button reset). As a pastor now, I must ask your forgiveness for my ignorance and my upcoming question born of ignorance- What is the three finger reset?

As far as the bulging... think of baseball.
    Last edited by berrysqueezer; 12-21-11 at 04:22 PM. Reason: I couldn't help myself.
    12-21-11 04:20 PM
    1-7th Cav, 1969 - 1971, rotorhead here.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 12-21-11 at 04:40 PM.
    12-21-11 04:24 PM
    As a former soldier (First Team Garyowen) and a windows user, when I saw the 'three fingered salute' I just snickered and moved on. (one finger salute from each hand and then the finger used to do a power button reset). As a pastor now, I must ask your forgiveness for my ignorance and my upcoming question born of ignorance- What is the three finger reset?

Thank you for your service!

The three finger reset (or hard reset) consists on pressing the volume down, volume up, and power button at the same time. Hold them down until the PB begins to reset.
    12-21-11 04:26 PM
    I prefer to call it the Vulcan neck pinch...
    12-21-11 05:08 PM
    I've heard about the bulging back thing but it hasn't happened to mine or the wifes. Best advise... Don't leave your PB in the sun.
    It was designed in Canada - maybe they did not think about sun! I don't know if sun would make it pop or pop more, most have come that way.
    12-21-11 06:40 PM
    Mine is as flat as the tired old chestwall of a flying geriatric witch.
    12-21-11 06:42 PM
    If you hear a shutter sound, you pressed Vol Up and Vol Down (took a screen shot) but missed the PowerON. Kind of start leaning on the Power then add the other two.
    12-21-11 06:47 PM
    Lol - dontcha hate when this kind of thing happens? I booted up my pb yesterday & was moving thru startup when I noticed a multi-colored line of pixels moving horizontally across the screen. Then another line started below it. I about had a stroke. Thinking crazy thots like stuck pixels etc. Then I realized my pb was probably just having a little brain fart & remembered all the times I've read the 3-finger reboot fixes just about everything. Tried it and all is well. So thanks to everyone who has ever posted that advice. One heart attack avoided.

The three finger reset was the first thing I learned when a new PB owner. The power light was doing strange things and it wouldn't boot - a little RESEARCH drew me to the issue on the blackberry forum.

Been happy ever since - which is why I though the tips and tricks for newbies was extremely important after the sales for avoiding a large mass of buyers remorse.

Now why I had to write the manual that should have come with the playbook - I don't know.. RIM owes me big time
    Hgouck likes this.
    12-21-11 06:52 PM
    1-7th Cav, 1969 - 1971, rotorhead here.

As a soldier you (both) are thanked - as a pastor forgiven - see my thread - Tips and Tricks for newbies to learn all the essentials, including the infamous three finger salute.

Link beneath my post or in the stickies at the top of this forum.

And welcome to Crackberry - be careful your playbook doesn't become a false idol
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-21-11 at 06:58 PM.
    12-21-11 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD