Using imo.im
    05-08-12 05:12 PM
    ooVoo works well for voice calls also.
    05-08-12 05:13 PM
    Thanks for the tip and definitely have to agree! i've been looking for a reliable workaround for Skype Calls. imo.im worked well for me, i did noticed i had a bit of lag sometimes which is weird because i have a very good connection, but it worked very good overall so totally recommend everyone to use it.
    05-08-12 06:43 PM
    It can be ok, but no longer supports video, bare in mind you both have to use IMO.

On the PB screen, the web based rendering makes settings very hard to set also. Too tiny.
    05-08-12 08:04 PM
    How did you get oovoo to work? Did you sideload an android app?
    Thanks.
    05-08-12 09:51 PM
    How did you get oovoo to work? Did you sideload an android app?
    Thanks.
    Yeah. Install DDPB from here

When ready, here is the link to ooVoo

Be aware that the video calling doesn't work. Only the voice calling.
    05-08-12 10:00 PM
    It can be ok, but no longer supports video, bare in mind you both have to use IMO.

On the PB screen, the web based rendering makes settings very hard to set also. Too tiny.
    What are you talking about? My mom called me via Skype from her Defy and I answered on the PlayBook with imo.im...
    akavbb likes this.
    05-08-12 10:08 PM
    Thanks. It's now on my pb.
    05-08-12 11:27 PM
    Hi guys,
    Can you tell me if imo.im works with conference calls? I don't need video, but I need group calls.
    thanks!
    05-19-12 04:52 AM
    What are you talking about? My mom called me via Skype from her Defy and I answered on the PlayBook with imo.im...
    Imo.im video calls only work if the other user is on imo.im. It sends a link for the user to open imo.im in browser and then the video call works.
    05-19-12 08:41 AM
    Where can i get imo.im?
    Appworld says unavailable for my profile.
    Thanks
    05-19-12 11:27 AM
    Imo.im video calls only work if the other user is on imo.im. It sends a link for the user to open imo.im in browser and then the video call works.
    True. But for the majority of business users, voice calls over Skype is more than enough. Consumers are the ones whining about video calls.

Not that they're not welcome... Not that at all. I too could use full Skype on the PlayBook.
    05-19-12 11:55 AM
    imo.im was slow for me and the people I've had conversations with said they kept hearing echo and feedback, but I do admit its better than being skype-less. Still can't believe Skype completely ignored this platform.
    05-19-12 12:33 PM
    imo.im was slow for me and the people I've had conversations with said they kept hearing echo and feedback, but I do admit its better than being skype-less. Still can't believe Skype completely ignored this platform.
    When any company partners with Microsoft the traditional outcome as been "morning after regret" on the part of the company. Microsoft left the bed hours earlier with your money and intellectual property.
    05-19-12 01:24 PM
    I have imo but it dosnt have the link to skype .has all other ones. Please someone help me get skype
    12-27-13 08:18 AM
    I hope the moderator will close this outdated thread. Skype is DEAD for the PB.
    12-27-13 09:45 PM
    Skype is never been dead to PlayBook...

It just said "coming soon"... but never been arrived...

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD