It runs faster!!!!
    02-13-13 04:37 PM
    Got mine installed but having trouble with Crackberry app maybe due to also having trouble with stock browser. Had to use Simple Browser to reach forum.
    02-13-13 04:46 PM
    I just received my playbook in the mail from Best Buy and the first thing I did was press update. So far so good.
    Welcom blkbeauti; do enjoy your PlayBook and feel free to chime in with questions or comments. We're pretty friendly here at CB.
    Last edited by RJB55; 02-13-13 at 04:49 PM. Reason: typos why else would "I" edit?
    02-13-13 04:49 PM
    I'm PlayBook-less at the moment but will update when I'm home this evening. I LOVE updates..... well kinda sorta... sometimes....maybe.
    02-13-13 04:52 PM
    Here in Europe we're always making fun of the Americans who have warning stickers all over their cars, microwaves and such ;-)

Yes, this is a European standard, but it probably just means the red bar starts a bit more to the left.

As a sound engineer I am well aware of the dangers of mp3 players.
    You should try the headphone out on the Samsung Chromebook. Like plugging your headphones into a Marshall stack! Not clever.
    02-13-13 05:13 PM
    Changes to Flash has brought back video stutter and pausing a few times a minute yet the audio is fine on twitch.tv while watching livestreams for me. It had been fine since the latest changes to flash made it better from that update to this one. Ugh.
    02-13-13 05:19 PM
    Ah well, sometimes there just isn't anything between the lines. ^^

I have no idea if they have plans not to, but if you ask me, there will be a moment where Bridge as we know it will become irrelevant. Maybe BlackBerry is internally already testing the "next big thing" for Tablet-Phone interaction. But that is ME just wild guessing. There were not even lines to read in between here. ><

Why is everybody so worried about sideloading everytime an update is out?

Yes. It STILL works.
    Your not guessing. When BB unleashes the full potential of QNX and it's true distributed computing capabilities, the Z10 and the Playbook will effectively become one device. No need to 'bridge', the apps on the phone can run on the Playbook and vice versa in a seamless fashion. And when you connect your phone to your QNX managed car, same thing there... and so on, and so on, to every device running QNX. What we know and love as bridging today will look quaint in the future. The technology is there today, and if BB can execute they will transform mobile computing as we know it.
    02-13-13 05:39 PM
    Just got home, can't wait to finish updating 132mb

After reading about how much difference there was between 1gb and 2gb of ram, I'm kinda ok with not getting BB10 yet. Although, with the few things they could take out of the os maybe it'll be ok on the PB. Only time will tell
    02-13-13 05:40 PM
    Just got update for my playbook. 2.1.0.1526-img_00000011.jpg

Really now, what has changed here? Is the red a darker shade? That's the only thing I can think of and it probably isn't right to begin with....
    02-13-13 05:46 PM
    I heard that they were locking down the ability to side-load apps to appease developers so that their apps are not given away for free. Has anyone tried the side-loading feature with the new update applied? I may want to side-load a few apps before I apply the update...
    02-13-13 05:46 PM
    I heard that they were locking down the ability to side-load apps to appease developers so that their apps are not given away for free. Has anyone tried the side-loading feature with the new update applied? I may want to side-load a few apps before I apply the update...
    no this is not true yes it still works
    DataWrangler likes this.
    02-13-13 05:58 PM
    very pleased they sorted my Caldav issue for btinternet (via Yahoo).. I can now use 1 calendar for all my devices... and I can delete my gmail account

pity they haven't manage to fix the Facebook images problem in this release though... I always imagined that may have been a simple one to resolve.
    02-13-13 05:58 PM
    I usually wait a day or two, and check CrackBerry for reactions from others, before downloading any OS updates. This time, I just checked for updates, and popped the button without thinking. Then I checked the forum.

So far, after the restart, no major differences. The CB Site does have less checkerboarding, as far as I can see. Haven't had a chance to check Yahoo or Gmail calendars yet. So far, all positive.
    02-13-13 06:13 PM
    My glow issue is fixed.
    You know how you can have that little red glow at the corner of the screen to let you know you have a notification? If you checked the notification on your phone then the notification icon would go away but you had to swipe up on the keyboard to make the pesky red glow go away. That appears to be fixed.

I haven't played around with the browser except to come to crackberry - and while I really wanted to see a noticeable difference I haven't yet. However, I'm going to clear my cache and then do another restart and see what happens.
    citystars41 likes this.
    02-13-13 06:16 PM
    Hello everyone. I just downloaded and installed the new update. Does anyone find any difference in audio and browser performance? And if yes, is there any way to test it? Thanks
    02-13-13 06:23 PM
    Really good update Imo.
    Everything seems much faster and smoother.

Keyboard input seems more responsive now too as last update gave occasional lag for me but fixed now xD

I'm glad they are still supporting the playbook os, as much as I want bb10 for playbook, I'd rather wait a while and get a really good, bb10 for playbook than just a crap port with no optimizations.
    02-13-13 06:29 PM
    And the sticky glow is back after restart. Ah well. C'est la vie!
    02-13-13 06:35 PM
    Hello everyone. I just downloaded and installed the new update. Does anyone find any difference in audio and browser performance? And if yes, is there any way to test it? Thanks
    Browser yes - as noted earlier, my native browser seems to be pulling data through my bridge connection before checking the tablet's own WiFi. This was causing noticeable drag. I tested it by disconnecting the bridge and noticed normal performance return. Turning the bridge back on brought the slowdown back.

I've now deleted RROYY's bridge app and reloaded the standard version. This costs me the ability to browse when the PlayBook's WiFi is misbehaving, but at least it won't trash my data useage.
    02-13-13 06:40 PM
    Like I said before, only real way would be to put two devices, one running the lastest OS and the other on the previous version, clean the caches on both and run a test: load a javascript heavy site. *I* think CrackBerry, my blog and a few other sites are loading better (as in, the page is displayed faster and the blue loading bar doesn't hang for that long - it still hangs, just not for as long as it did before).

No comments on audio, I find nothing different. It could really just be a software tweak we will never really notice...

@Vorkosigan... Call me crazy but I think you're right. The new unit I got since my RMA had overly bright corners and now it seems to be uniform. o.0 EDIT: Listening to music now, so not gonna reboot, but I'll get back to this soon!

@Harryl6134, Yes, good idea, let me fire up Google Calendar... EDIT: Heck I wish I had recorded this on video!! o.o

@BBZ10wannabe, I answered that already.

EDIT: It's working, it's working it's working!

Just got update for my playbook. 2.1.0.1526-img_00000012.jpgJust got update for my playbook. 2.1.0.1526-img_00000014.jpg
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    02-13-13 06:42 PM
    IMO, the browser works better. Using Justin.tv actually works. still wish we could get an app
    Creaulx likes this.
    02-13-13 06:55 PM
    Me too, I was hoping it was because of some CB backend stuff going on but who knows..
    Got mine installed but having trouble with Crackberry app maybe due to also having trouble with stock browser. Had to use Simple Browser to reach forum.
    02-13-13 07:12 PM
    Cool! Finally connected to my yahoo calendar!..that hasn't worked in a long time!
    02-13-13 07:20 PM
    the chrome book goes to 11
    02-13-13 07:34 PM
    Yahoo calendar is now working but carddav is down for now. Browser is 2 sec. faster on Crackberry.com. Tested on 2 diff PBs 2 diff Os's so no difference really.
    Nothing broken here, YET. If you delete a Yahoo email it is deleted from the server as well. Stopped using Yahoo mail on PB long ago, maybe because of this.
    02-13-13 07:47 PM
    Blackberry must like you more than us
    I've been looking through the thread, to say, basically, me, too. The upgrade started at 133MB, then after it installed, it went back for 406MB, which is still downloading as I type this. Hopefully this will be a good thing.
    02-13-13 07:53 PM
211 ... 34567 ...