On Rogers and downloading...
    You ony have WIFI only version?

I just checked again and still no update for LTE version.
    02-13-13 12:27 PM
    I should add - it warns me when I turn the volume up high but it allows me to continue. Did it do this before?

ETA: It only did it the first time. Now I can go ahead as I please.
    02-13-13 12:35 PM

The message I saw said subject to carrier approval or something along those lines.

I don't notice any difference, you may not be missing much.
    02-13-13 12:40 PM
    I should add - it warns me when I turn the volume up high but it allows me to continue. Did it do this before?

ETA: It only did it the first time. Now I can go ahead as I please.
    so it's audio boosted ? wow
    02-13-13 12:45 PM
    I can so noo change what so ever.
    02-13-13 12:53 PM
    The keyboard lock-up issue seems to be fixed. Crackberry on the PB browser is still as slow as ever. Will keep working with bridge apps since the old version was not updating properly (incoming emails not being displayed as they come in, BBM msgs not popping up as they come in). This wasn't a bridge over wifi issue since it was also happening over bluetooth.
    02-13-13 12:59 PM
    The message I saw said subject to carrier approval or something along those lines.

I don't notice any difference, you may not be missing much.

Ok well how is the browser, does it still stall on pages and so forth?

What about unknown network errors with browser?

Does wifi get disconnected even though it shows wifi is 100% on?
    02-13-13 01:00 PM
    Snappier! Definitely Snappier!
    jcbrunson and bambinoitaliano like this.
    02-13-13 01:01 PM
    The audio seems the same to me as well in the earbuds.
    02-13-13 01:13 PM
    Snappier! Definitely Snappier!
    PLACEBO.....
    02-13-13 01:14 PM

Ok so from what I have learned Rogers is the only one updating the LTE version again. It is available now so like the last update we will have to wait for it to circulated through the regions. Probably western Canada first. If anyone with an LTE has gotten the update please let us know when and where and what carrier. Thank you.
    02-13-13 01:27 PM
    Ok well how is the browser, does it still stall on pages and so forth?

What about unknown network errors with browser?

Does wifi get disconnected even though it shows wifi is 100% on?
    1. Yes
    2. Haven't seen it yet. That was a once ever few hours occurrence for me so maybe not enough time has past.
    3. Never had that problem
    02-13-13 01:30 PM
    Anyone try sideloading yet?
    When will people realize that sideloading isn't going away? That in fact it never was going away? And that all of the panic over the rumored removal of sideloading was driven entirely by misinterpretation of RIM's comments at the time?

YES, SIDELOADING STILL WORKS! IT WILL ALWAYS WORK! IT EVEN WORKS ON BB10! NO MINOR UPDATE WILL MAKE IT SUDDENLY GO AWAY!

Phew! I feel better now...

RCK
    FF22, Innovatology, rmpb and 2 others like this.
    02-13-13 01:31 PM
    PLACEBO.....
    Placebo, isn't that a fish? Well that's just what walabe16 said, snappier. That's also a fish isn't it?
    02-13-13 01:32 PM
    PLACEBO.....
    I don't think so, at least not this time. I've been browsing with JavaScript enabled (but Flash disabled) and sites definitely load quicker. However, SunSpider is still in the toilet - 2100-2200ms vs. 1200-1250ms on my overclocked (1408MHz) Iconia Tab running Chrome Beta.

But then again, my Playbook doesn't regularly hang solid while browsing the web, so there's a plus in the BB column...

RCK
    02-13-13 01:39 PM
    The keyboard lock-up issue seems to be fixed. Crackberry on the PB browser is still as slow as ever. Will keep working with bridge apps since the old version was not updating properly (incoming emails not being displayed as they come in, BBM msgs not popping up as they come in). This wasn't a bridge over wifi issue since it was also happening over bluetooth.
    actually this morning on the new Crackberry website, no checkers on Playbook, and that was before the update...
    02-13-13 01:48 PM
    actually this morning on the new Crackberry website, no checkers on Playbook, and that was before the update...
    The CB website ads drive me nuts, makes it one of the most unbearable places that I browse. SimpleBrower+ for those who hate the ads, get it now. SB+ no-ads is the ONLY thing that helps when loading the CB website. I still see checkerboards when loading CB however.
    02-13-13 01:59 PM
    It's definitely snappier... no faster, but snappier... I think it's snappier because it doesn't have to spell out "App" when it loads "BlackBerry World" now. Just a thought...
    02-13-13 02:00 PM
    Ok so from what I have learned Rogers is the only one updating the LTE version again. It is available now so like the last update we will have to wait for it to circulated through the regions. Probably western Canada first. If anyone with an LTE has gotten the update please let us know when and where and what carrier. Thank you.
    Ok i will wait as i just checked again and nothing yet for LTE version, i never got 1394 as it was only wifi only so ..... i would never get it..

I sure hope the browser is fixed for stalling and it was a wifi issue where wifi would stall or seem disconnected ony to show wifi is at full strength, but you would have to turn wifi off anf back on and good to go for a few hrs or so or maybe 30 min or 10 min depends as its random.

The network error messages = unable to connect to peer host and such i hope is fixed not only for when i on wifi, but also when i on carriers data which is share a 5gb plan wth my phone, this too was random, worked ok for hrs or maybe 10 min or boom 3-4 times in a row i get, work around was turn off mobile or wifi and on again and good to go again for awhile.
    02-13-13 02:06 PM
    So did you guys do a backup first then installed the update?

Just curious as i would be doing so if and when rogers decides to update the LTE version.
    02-13-13 02:07 PM
    I find the browser to be working better. It still hangs on javascript... Just not for as much longer as before.

Placebo, isn't that a fish? Well that's just what walabe16 said, snappier. That's also a fish isn't it?
    No man, it's a band!

Edit: If yoy have two devices and didnt update one, clear all caches and try the browser on both. I am willing to bet the updated PB will load up sites just a tad faster.
    Last edited by diegonei; 02-13-13 at 02:37 PM.
    02-13-13 02:08 PM
    only thing I saw so far is app world name change what else is their
    02-13-13 02:08 PM
    Best update ever!!
    Battery lasts almost a week with constant usage and Blackberry world is now populated with the must have apps!

Just got update for my playbook. 2.1.0.1526-playbook-update.jpg*

*To make it absolutely clear, the picture is a terrible photoshop job, not the real update.
    02-13-13 02:22 PM
    Browser performance seems essentially the same to me, thus far. BlackBerry World is a change in name only - same choppy interface. At least it looks like nothing new is broken...
    02-13-13 02:30 PM
    Another update... Thats not BB10
    02-13-13 02:55 PM
211 12345 ...