As I wrote in another thread - will NOT download till I know Rim (or bb) did not remove BRIDGE Email, memo, calendar..............
    Just got update for my playbook. 2.1.0.1526-img_00000010.jpg

Never took you for the paranoid type

The limitations between the Z10 and the PlayBook are really between the Z10 and the PlayBook.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-13-13 11:20 AM
    My PB just finished the download/install and as I tapped 'restart' to give my consent for it to reboot it dawned on me...I can't recall the last time I had to restart my PB.
    02-13-13 11:30 AM
    Why is this for WIFI only version thats twice now on two updates that the LTE version gets NOTHING.
    02-13-13 11:31 AM
    I think this update might lessen the audio volume! I got a Sony Walkman MP3 player with the same EU Standard and the volume is really low through headphones! �Audio Boost update to comply with European Standard 'EN 60950-1/A12"

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-13-13 11:32 AM
    As I wrote in another thread - will NOT download till I know Rim (or bb) did not remove BRIDGE Email, memo, calendar..............
    but you know that you can back up your OS on your PC or Mac?
    02-13-13 11:40 AM
    Why is this for WIFI only version thats twice now on two updates that the LTE version gets NOTHING.
    LTE PlayBook updates get stuck at carriers just like Java BB OS updates.
    02-13-13 11:41 AM
    Yes that would be amazing ... but no.
    02-13-13 11:43 AM
    This update is for the LTE PlayBooks as well. It's just a matter of finding out which carriers released the update. No update with Telus so far. Will have to wait for the Rogers and Bell users to find out if they are able to update.
    02-13-13 11:45 AM
    This update is for the LTE PlayBooks as well. It's just a matter of finding out which carriers released the update. No update with Telus so far. Will have to wait for the Rogers and Bell users to find out if they are able to update.
    Ok thks for info i am on Rogers, notice in my signature.

I checked for an update and nothing so far just like before.
    02-13-13 11:47 AM
    LTE PlayBook updates get stuck at carriers just like Java BB OS updates.
    Ah thks did not realize its not a blackberry choice, but a carrier choice.
    02-13-13 11:48 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000010.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	135706

Never took you for the paranoid type

The limitations between the Z10 and the PlayBook are really between the Z10 and the PlayBook.
    Well, then, you have not been reading between the lines!

I READ that as "SO FAR" the limitations are between those items. There was something in the "text" from Rim that someone posted (in the Bridge thread - I was abroad and not getting all of some threads) about the "missing" features that made me feel that they were removed for a purpose and would not be restored. But maybe I was reading between the lines.

Besides not wanting to lose Bridge email just because it is convenient, I would really miss that fact the MY Bridge email is filtered through BIS and so that only some email gets forwarded to my phone (and through Bridge, to my pb). So that while I was just in Europe, I was getting email on by phone filtered by BIS so only stuff from people I wanted to hear from while on vacation (with pricy data) were coming through and I did not have to get it all using Native Email. I just get the feeling that Rim is NOT going to restore those features but I don't know that.
    02-13-13 11:50 AM
    Ah thks did not realize its not a blackberry choice, but a carrier choice.
    You're on Rogers and no update. That's not good. They were the only ones to release the last update. Hopefully they just haven't pushed it to the servers yet. Please keep an eye out and let us know if you get it later.
    02-13-13 11:51 AM
    I decided to do it on my more passive 32gig. The upgrade is only 50MB????
    02-13-13 11:53 AM
    This update is only for the WiFi only PlayBook tablets at the moment according to the BlackBerry website so if you have an LTE PlayBook, you won't get the update until your carrier has pushed it out.
    02-13-13 11:55 AM
    Anyone try sideloading yet?
    02-13-13 11:58 AM
    Well, then, you have not been reading between the lines!

I READ that as "SO FAR" the limitations are between those items. There was something in the "text" from Rim that someone posted (in the Bridge thread - I was abroad and not getting all of some threads) about the "missing" features that made me feel that they were removed for a purpose and would not be restored. But maybe I was reading between the lines.

Besides not wanting to lose Bridge email just because it is convenient, I would really miss that fact the MY Bridge email is filtered through BIS and so that only some email gets forwarded to my phone (and through Bridge, to my pb). So that while I was just in Europe, I was getting email on by phone filtered by BIS so only stuff from people I wanted to hear from while on vacation (with pricy data) were coming through and I did not have to get it all using Native Email. I just get the feeling that Rim is NOT going to restore those features but I don't know that.
    Ah well, sometimes there just isn't anything between the lines. ^^

I have no idea if they have plans not to, but if you ask me, there will be a moment where Bridge as we know it will become irrelevant. Maybe BlackBerry is internally already testing the "next big thing" for Tablet-Phone interaction. But that is ME just wild guessing. There were not even lines to read in between here. ><

Anyone try sideloading yet?
    Why is everybody so worried about sideloading everytime an update is out?

Yes. It STILL works.
    02-13-13 12:01 PM
    On Rogers and downloading...
    02-13-13 12:02 PM
    Please let me know if volume has decreased
    02-13-13 12:09 PM
    I just installed in about 10 minutes, and she seems to be a bit zippier!! I also connected through the bridge to my torch with no issues. I'm liking it so far
    02-13-13 12:11 PM
    It deleted EVERYTHING except Angry Birds. Damn BB!!!!!
    02-13-13 12:13 PM
    I just installed in about 10 minutes, and she seems to be a bit zippier!!
    Hmm... I can't tell if johnierw was trying to be funny, or he isn't privy to the "runs faster!" inside joke that's been going on for years now...
    johnierw, Toodeurep and nappp like this.
    02-13-13 12:16 PM
    This update is only for the WiFi only PlayBook tablets at the moment according to the BlackBerry website so if you have an LTE PlayBook, you won't get the update until your carrier has pushed it out.
    This update is for both depending on the carriers releasing it. What we have to figure out is which carriers have released it. Time to make a phone call.

Includes the following updates for the W-Fi only PlayBook and the 4G/4G LTE™ PlayBook:
    Improvements to Gmail� and Yahoo!� account setup services
    Enhancements to browser performance
    Audio Boost update to comply with European Standard 'EN 60950-1/A12'
    Renaming of BlackBerry App World™ storefront to BlackBerry� World™ storefront

Updates for the 4G/4G LTE PlayBook are subject to carrier availability.
    02-13-13 12:17 PM
    As far as I can tell audio is no quieter, but I can't be entirely sure.
    02-13-13 12:19 PM
    updating and waiting ! ..I don't feel good about this update..
    02-13-13 12:23 PM
    You're on Rogers and no update. That's not good. They were the only ones to release the last update. Hopefully they just haven't pushed it to the servers yet. Please keep an eye out and let us know if you get it later.

I never got the last update either cause it was for WIFI only, but your saying this one is for LTE as well, but still no update pushed out as of yet.

I will get ya all updated or someone else may post before i do is rogers has done so for LTE versions.
    02-13-13 12:24 PM
211 1234 ...