So just got my 64GB PB. Waiting for updates then I can start playing. My first ( I guess) problem is with the power button. I figured when I press it I would hear a click of some sort but thats not the case. When I realease the button is when I get a click. Are they all like this.
    I also have a very slight bulge on my PB on the back. Ive read the issues about it and its not a huge issue for me but will it get worse? It seems that spot is getting warm while the PB is on.
    01-19-12 06:13 PM
    All 4 of my playbooks power button does that. I have heard of some with a bit better button. With the bulge I dont have any, but heat in that area is typical on all my playbooks.
    01-19-12 06:18 PM
    Take it back. You have no reason to have it with the bulge. It probably won't get worse but still. Why you you keep that one?
    01-19-12 06:20 PM
    Take it back. You have no reason to have it with the bulge. It probably won't get worse but still. Why you you keep that one?
    Because there's really no point in taking it back unless the bulge is super-noticeable or you type on the playbook while it's laying on a flat surface. And why would anyone type like that? That's super awkward and uncomfortable.

But if you really DO type like that, just laying it on the case/sleeve should solve that problem...
    01-19-12 06:26 PM
    It is a very slight bulge. Barely noticable. Like I said its not that big of an issue with me. I also dont want to have to ship it back and wait for a new one. Local best buy doesnt have any 64GB in stock so I ordered it from bestbuy.com. Thanks for the info guys. Was figureing I was the lucky one to get one with power button issues. Im sure I wont use that button much but its good to know.
    01-19-12 06:26 PM
    So just got my 64GB PB. Waiting for updates then I can start playing. My first ( I guess) problem is with the power button. I figured when I press it I would hear a click of some sort but thats not the case. When I realease the button is when I get a click. Are they all like this.
    I also have a very slight bulge on my PB on the back. Ive read the issues about it and its not a huge issue for me but will it get worse? It seems that spot is getting warm while the PB is on.
    I guess I'm pretty lucky, 'cuz mine doesn't click, nor do I have a budge on the back.
    01-19-12 06:29 PM
    I guess I'm pretty lucky, 'cuz mine doesn't click, nor do I have a budge on the back.

Well thats just my luck that I get one like that lol. I guess if it wasnt for bad luck I wouldnt have any at all
    01-19-12 06:31 PM
    The power button is a non-issue. You won't be using it much anyway. I have probably used the power button maybe 10 times over the last two months.

As for the bulge, if it's minor, my advice is to keep it. There is not guarantee your replacement Playbook won't have a bigger bulge and possibly other worse problems (e.g.dead poxels). It shouldn't get bigger. In a very unlikely event it does get bigger, the warranty will take care of that.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 01-19-12 at 07:22 PM.
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-19-12 07:19 PM
    The power button is a non-issue. You won't be using it much anyway. I have probably used the power button maybe 10 times over the last two months.

As for the bulge, if it's minor, my advice is to keep it. There is not guarantee your replacement Playbook won't have a bigger bulge and possibly other worse problems (e.g.dead poxels). It shouldn't get bigger. In a very unlikely event it does get bigger, the warranty will take care of that.

Thanks for the info...I am loving this thing
    01-19-12 08:32 PM

yea i think i used it once to learn how it works.. so much more covenient to tap the battery then standby. or close my case. lol.. it'll turn off on its own.
    01-19-12 09:36 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

Check out the Newbie Tips and Tricks for the Playbook, by clicking below my signature..
    It was compiled by the knowledgeable posters from this forum.

Enjoy!
    01-19-12 09:56 PM
    My first PB post Thanks for the replies, and Jafobabe I am slowly going through the tips an tricks.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-19-12 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD