Yep! Was shopping for file sorter tray thingies and saw sign for 16gb @ 159.99 and 64gb @ 209.99. Asked the guy if he had a 64, he looks in computer and says yeah - have 1 - says it must be the display. We walk over - nope display is a 16 (of course). He says the good old "I'll check the back".

I keep shopping - 10-15 minutes, walk by him and he is under the geeks area fixing cables, and says so you want me to check on that still? Me- ""Duh!" He says maybe it was the old display . . . (I avoid the trap of continuing conversation at this point - thinking I'll check O.D. down the road)
    I move on, few minutes later - here he comes with a NIB 64gb "Wanna check it and see that it's new?" Yep - it's new/sealed.

"Oh I forgot. It's only $189, Sir, the display price was wrong. So, do you . " "YES, I do!!"

3 other local O.D.'s have total of 7 more in stock! Wish my quarterly commission check came this week instead of next!! Thinking at least 2 or 3 more!!
    DC506 likes this.
    10-19-12 06:19 PM
    Wow, nice deal! Congrats!
    10-19-12 07:48 PM
    damn i was hoping this was in canada. I ditched my 16 when the sales first started and got a 32. I would do the same again and get a 64
    10-19-12 07:50 PM
    Nice! I've been in the market for a 64gb myself, my 16gb lacks storage space! Best Buy doesn't even have them on their website anymore. Sad!
    10-19-12 08:09 PM
    i hope you have price protection on that unit. rumor is ipad mini will be 250 for 8 gig, which should be available nov2 which should drive 64 gig pb's down even further. im waiting for the announcement oct23

edit:
    also android central had some info on upcoming offers from google

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/19/3...oct-29th-leak/

this as well will most likely drive prices for existing playbook stocks down. hoping to get a 64 gig for $99 getting ready for fire sale woohooooo
    btw im not trying to stop anyone from buying i love bb, just want to make sure we all get what we want at best price
    Last edited by Guyzer; 10-19-12 at 09:06 PM.
    10-19-12 08:45 PM
    This is my 4th PB. I have a 64gb, son a 16, and another 64 in the mix on a shared basis - torn between this one being a full-time mount in the Tahoe (road warrior - outside/industrial sales) OR making it an official full time tool (toy) for girlfriend as a mate to her 9930 . . .

Seeing how she used to "crack" on my addictions - maybe she doesn't deserve it? Am I too selfish????
    Tha.Housewife likes this.
    10-19-12 10:33 PM
    This is my 4th PB. I have a 64gb, son a 16, and another 64 in the mix on a shared basis - torn between this one being a full-time mount in the Tahoe (road warrior - outside/industrial sales) OR making it an official full time tool (toy) for girlfriend as a mate to her 9930 . . .

Seeing how she used to "crack" on my addictions - maybe she doesn't deserve it? Am I too selfish????
    There was another thread started at noon yesterday about this same sale and it is a great bargain, the original wifi PlayBooks will become hard to find very soon, so get them while you can. To answer your question, get one for your girlfriend first, then get one for your Tahoe also, but do not let gf see it until AFTER you give one to her silly.
    10-20-12 07:50 AM

naw then u can crack back at her all the time hehehe
    10-20-12 01:16 PM
    Put her in her place
    10-20-12 01:29 PM
    As I walked her through set-up, I'm telling her this PB is officially a "business" tool, the "administrative PB" for my office, that will allow me to better communicate with her when I'm on the road, get her help with customers that need the occasional emergency/evening product when I'm travelling, etc (plus makes it deductible).

As we continue, she refers frequently to "her" new PlayBook and instead of <my biz name> Admin PlayBook as the device name it gets <girlfriend name's> PlayBook as device name.

So much for putting her in her place - seems her place is wearing the pants . . .
    10-21-12 05:59 PM
    I picked up my 64 gig from the source for $189.00 and have no regrets. I have an IPod touch but after months of network connection issues and no resolution, I decided to research the Playbook and am very glad I did. It has everything I have been looking for and more, the only short fall is the lack of a Netflix app, but I can remote desktop to my work server, log into my ftp server off my media server, and am currently working on getting a vpn connection to my work so I can keep in touch when I'm out of the office. My wife and son have IPads and I was amazed they can't get into FTP sites and do a do a few other things I can on my PB.
    10-22-12 07:59 PM