Good Evening peeps and a Merry Christmas to you all.

Santa was nice to me and i an now the owner of a Playbook. Now i need some assistance in a few things, as not been paying much attention to the playbook part of the forum due to me not having one and wanting one badly. Not that case anymore.

1. Looking for a good place that has a collection of Android bar files that i can side load as there is a severe lack of apps for my PB. i was under the impression that alot of the apps on my 9900 would have PB support but i was wrong.

2. is it easy to get an android app and install it on your PB. i have a few from my wifes android tab that i would like to use.

3. how good is DLNA app support on the PB as i have downloaded UPnp player and not able to play from PC to device. it seems to act more like a controller. I was looking for something like Samsung Allshare.

Cheers, now off to google some more and see what i can find.
    12-25-12 03:36 PM
    Yes, it's easy. Try this http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook...-apps/?did=348 it's being quite slow today though.
    deejayburnout likes this.
    12-25-12 04:43 PM
    The Playbook does not need many apps because it supports Adobe flash. But, if your an app junkie then sideloading is a must.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    12-25-12 06:19 PM
    Maybe list the apps you are looking for an we can recommend alternatives or solutions. I use LAN File Explorer to run media files from my PC server, and Ghost Commander works well to move files between the Playbook and Windows shares.

JR
    12-25-12 06:45 PM
    some apps I would recommend are
    Apollo pandora client

kalemsoft media player that supports most video files and music and a DNLA support too

stereo tube let's you create a playlist with your music and youtube videos plus after latest update you can download them too

luko lan player hands down easiest way to transfer your media files to your pb from your pc

launcher for youtube thisone is just the full youtube site like on the browser but fullscreen and I feel plays videos better in browser the countdown to skip add gets stuck and from app it does as its supposed too

since you would like to sideload I recomend ghost comander and dual file manager. trust me you need both xD one is simple to use and can save time when doing fast file managing the other has more options that you mith need.

sideloading is very easy and the conversion too.
    to make the sideloading even easier you should try and sideload local bar2
    it will letyou sideload rigth from the pb but you need a proxy. since you have an android tablet you could use proxoid (*NOT PROXDROID its something different)
    Last edited by osbook; 12-25-12 at 07:17 PM.
    12-25-12 07:01 PM
    Thanks for all the help.

Managed to get the kindle app working and found a SNES emulator to play mario kart on. Yesh.

I usually play files off the PC in the wives galaxy tab and would like to do the same. Trying to Get that UPnp app to do a local render but no luck. Always seems to find our xboxes to play on that.

Will keep looking for sutable apps.

Anyone reccomend a RSS reader. I though some bellshare apps would have made it too?
    12-25-12 07:13 PM
    GeeReader pro is a pretty decent google reader app.

Flipboard will also work.
    12-25-12 07:29 PM
    I usually play files off the PC in the wives galaxy tab and would like to do the same. Trying to Get that UPnp app to do a local render but no luck. Always seems to find our xboxes to play on that.
    Get KalemSoft Media Player, it's on sale right now. It will use DLNA within your LAN. It also has a free server app that runs on a PC that will allow you to watch videos over a WiFi connection when you are away from home. It works very well.
    This is one app that I will not go without, there aren't many.
    Files and Folders is also an app you should check out. They have a trial version.
    12-26-12 06:43 AM
    Get KalemSoft Media Player, it's on sale right now. It will use DLNA within your LAN. It also has a free server app that runs on a PC that will allow you to watch videos over a WiFi connection when you are away from home. It works very well.
    This is one app that I will not go without, there aren't many.
    Files and Folders is also an app you should check out. They have a trial version.
    Purchased kalemsoft and its just what I was looking for. thank you.

now to try those reader apps, found blackberry news which is ok, but not a nice UI.

just figured out how to make folders too.
    12-26-12 01:32 PM

Flipboard will also work.
    checked app world and couldn't find it.
    12-26-12 02:58 PM
    checked app world and couldn't find it.
    You have to sideload it. I tought it was native for a minute there...
    12-26-12 03:11 PM
    I see yyour avatar is a dj, are u a dj as well? if so, I can't point u around. my husband n I are btohmusic prodcuers, and djs...and we use playbook, windows 7, an iphone 4s, and bb curve. we've learned abunch of tricks of how to keep alll our gigs worth of music files readily avail on all devices, and how to file share efficiently with different device apps. its taken 6 months tho lol..honestly, I miss the days of no cell phones and djs on vinyl, its was soo kuch easier than lol
    12-26-12 03:35 PM
    so what all r u trying to do, what do you mainly use yor pb for....maybe I can suggest some apps.
    12-26-12 03:36 PM
    The Playbook does not need many apps because it supports Adobe flash. But, if your an app junkie then sideloading is a must.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    You know, I think my computer with do that ... flash thing too. I guess I didn't need to buy programs for it either.
    12-26-12 03:46 PM
    so what all r u trying to do, what do you mainly use yor pb for....maybe I can suggest some apps.
    will use it more for playing media from my PC, but that media player i downloaded seems to do the job. will be good for doing what i do on my 9900 but with a bigger screen. might get into more mobile gaming.

Will be reading more too, with the kindle app.

might try to use it for djing with, might give it a go. is there any turntable apps out there.
    12-26-12 04:15 PM
    Pacemaker is the best dj app for playbook hands down.

As for producing, caustic2 is not bad.
    12-26-12 05:34 PM
    Originally Posted by Tha.Housewife<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    will use it more for playing media from my PC, but that media player i downloaded seems to do the job. will be good for doing what i do on my 9900 but with a bigger screen. might get into more mobile gaming.<br />
    <br />
    Will be reading more too, with the kindle app.<br />
    <br />
    might try to use it for djing with, might give it a go. is there any turntable apps out there.
    only dj app worth while is pacemaker, the full version. I paod 20bucks for ir bjt since then I think its 10$ now. takes some practice ...for me anyway since I'm from the vinyl dj days. I know how to use serato and virtual dj, but my instincts r always from the vinyl days.

also Spashtop is a way to use vurtual dj on ur playbook... or anything u use on ur computer. it basiclly turns ur screen in to your desktop or laptops screen. u can touch and manipilate the programs on ur computer thebsame way just a lil bit smaller scale. even audio is ported through so, I can listen to music, work on music, download and share stuff just as I could on my desktop. but its all being stored on the desktop folders, nothing is ever sync or anything to the playbook. its good for me cuz I have kids to keep an eye on, and when I have I smoke break I go outside,...so, I turn on my splashtop and can be outside but still working on my computer..lol..

I just got WMP sync yester day...its awesome, I can send files easily to my pb via wifi..not cloud apps involved hehe
    12-26-12 05:36 PM
    Vdj is laggy with splashtop, you are way better using touchOSC. But lets face it, the dj market is under total ipad dominance, I use 2 in my setup and its pro grade stuff compared to amateurish tentantive the playbook has to offer.
    Tha.Housewife likes this.
    12-26-12 05:47 PM
    if you are in the USA, then amazon instant streaming is your go-to source for streaming (and it has a superior collection to netflix)
    12-26-12 06:14 PM
    managing to get some apps like getglue, wwe app amd paper toss to work with no issues on my PB.

also mastered localbar2 with my 9900.

this device gets better and better.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    12-26-12 07:13 PM
    Vdj is laggy with splashtop, you are way better using touchOSC. But lets face it, the dj market is under total ipad dominance, I use 2 in my setup and its pro grade stuff compared to amateurish tentantive the playbook has to offer.
    yeah. but real hardware over a device will always dominate, lol...like id love to see joe perry of areosmith jamming a guitar solo on an emulated guitar app or something....lmao, the world would never be the same...lol
    12-27-12 12:29 AM
    managing to get some apps like getglue, wwe app amd paper toss to work with no issues on my PB.

also mastered localbar2 with my 9900.

this device gets better and better.
    lol, doesn't it tho... people wonder why they can't pull me away from it,..cuz they don't own one themself, hehe
    12-27-12 12:31 AM
    yeah. but real hardware over a device will always dominate, lol...like id love to see joe perry of areosmith jamming a guitar solo on an emulated guitar app or something....lmao, the world would never be the same...lol
    You'd be surprised to see how many pros use apps for their guitars, they even use it live... It made a lot of pedals obsolete.

As for real hardware, i get better response from apps like touchable than any of my usb midi controllers. Also the app tonetable is better than any turntable with virtual vinyl as far as latency.. But no vinyl touch love.
    12-27-12 12:45 AM
    Purchased kalemsoft and its just what I was looking for. thank you.

now to try those reader apps, found blackberry news which is ok, but not a nice UI.

just figured out how to make folders too.
    I use Book Reader for eBooks.
    12-27-12 05:42 AM
    @ tha housewife

is there any turntable apps a.bit like pacemaker. tried the lite version and its a bit fiddly to use the pitch control. would like to try it.as my 4th deck and see how it works.

any recommendations?
    12-27-12 07:00 PM
32 12