So I just got my playbook. I did all the setup. it asked me to reboot for an update. Now its just on a black screen. The playbook is on i think, i can see the lights in the corner.

What is this? This is a BNIB playbook, not an open box model. Thanks
    09-28-12 09:33 AM
    Perform a hard reset: Hold down simultaneously the VOL UP (+), VOL DOWN (-), and POWER (red dot) buttons for approximately 60 seconds or until the indicator lights are extinguished. Once the tablet is in the fully powered down state press the POWER button until the RED indicator light illuminates after which the boot-up screen of the tablet should be displayed. If repeating this procedure fails to revive the tablet, it might be necessary to perform the debrick procedure discussed in detail on this forum. Use the search feature of the forum with term 'debrick playbook'.
    09-28-12 09:46 AM
    Did you go throught the recommended 24 power up the battery charge before starting the setup? or at least connect the device to external power during the Setup? This is abounds due to waning battery during setup process.......
    09-28-12 09:49 AM
    Works now. Thank you sorry
    09-28-12 09:52 AM
    Works now. Thank you sorry
    Happy to hear your BlackBerry PlayBook is working properly. If you are seeking good applications for the tablet might I recommend the following, in no particular order.

Battery Guru
    Book Reader
    Diary Pro
    Files & Folders
    GroovyNotes
    PDF Reader
    PlainTextEditor
    Splashtop (and/or Remote Desktop)
    UrlToPDF
    Wikipedia

I do not the native email application in preference to BlackBerry Bridge mode connected to my BlackBerry smartphone but native email does have some nice integration features for social media.

Enjoy!
    09-28-12 10:03 AM
    Glad you got it working and welcome. Hope you enjoy your new Playbook as much as I do mine. Looks like a pretty good app list above - have fun!
    09-28-12 10:31 AM
    And if you want games, be sure to buy modern combat 3. Asphalt 6 and modern combat 2 are free in app world, but will not work with the search function.

The bards tale
    Nova 2
    Hockey!
    Galaxy on fire 2 HD
    09-28-12 10:59 AM
    Thanks everyone. I bought it this morning and I had to go into work. So I didnt have much time to get to know the playbook and play with it. Ill be looking at all the apps you guys have suggested.

Also, where can I get a real nice case for my playbook for around 20$. Im looking for a leather or fake leather case where it opens up like a binder. practical for traveling
    09-28-12 08:34 PM
    The Trexta Marquis is one of the nicest. I bought one when the PlayBook first launched and the case and Playbook are both in good shape. I saw them on ebay in the summer and bought two more for the other PlayBooks in the house.

Search on Ebay, the same seller has them for about $14.
    09-28-12 09:06 PM
    Just bought one wow they look nice. thanks for the tip
    09-28-12 09:21 PM
    See if Brookstone still has their case. It appears that that model has been sold under varying names and different stores. I've got a vinyl look-a-like.
    09-28-12 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD