I just got the Playbook! I'm loving it so far. You can obviously tell the tablet is work-in-progress.

My question, and it may sound silly, how on earth do I hit "enter" to send someone a BBM message? I can't find it!

Thank you
    10-26-11 09:55 AM
    On the lower right of the keyboard is a Return key, use that.
    10-26-11 10:05 AM
    Thanks, and what is the latest OS? I don't have wifi where I am right now so I am not able to check. I got this one used, and the one I see is 1.0.something
    10-26-11 10:06 AM
    Hey,
    Congratulations on the tablet. I got mine on day one and my wife and I enjoy ours almost daily.
    To use BBM you need to have a BB phone and use the Bridge feature. It should walk you through it on start up but if you did not do it then, just swipe down to bring the tablets menu into view, then touch BlackBerry Bridge then walk through the Setup process.

Just one warning (besides the fact that OS2 won't be available until February) though, If you have kids, don't get the Spiderman by Gameloft or you won't be able to get the tablet back! Also, don't get NOVA2 either because you may not be able to stop playing it.

Enjoy your tablet. It will save you $50.00 bucks per month on an equivalent 3G version thanks to Bridge.
    jinxednuance likes this.
    10-26-11 10:10 AM
    Hey,
    Congratulations on the tablet. I got mine on day one and my wife and I enjoy ours almost daily.
    To use BBM you need to have a BB phone and use the Bridge feature. It should walk you through it on start up but if you did not do it then, just swipe down to bring the tablets menu into view, then touch BlackBerry Bridge then walk through the Setup process.

Just one warning (besides the fact that OS2 won't be available until February) though, If you have kids, don't get the Spiderman by Gameloft or you won't be able to get the tablet back! Also, don't get NOVA2 either because you may not be able to stop playing it.

Enjoy your tablet. It will save you $50.00 bucks per month on an equivalent 3G version thanks to Bridge.
    Thank you for the heads up!
    10-26-11 10:12 AM
    Latest official is 1.0.7.3312. You know how to check your current version?
    10-26-11 10:13 AM
    Welcome to the PB. Don't let the whiners and crybabies put you off. They're stuck in the past with things like the inflated iphone and buggy roid things. The PB represents the next level in mobile computing. I like to compare it to a rookie Wayne Gretzky taking his first shifts in the pros: not as polished as some as the vets at this point but can already do things the vets can never or will ever be able to do.
    jinxednuance likes this.
    10-26-11 10:20 AM
    Welcome to the PB. Don't let the whiners and crybabies put you off. They're stuck in the past with things like the inflated iphone and buggy roid things. The PB represents the next level in mobile computing. I like to compare it to a rookie Wayne Gretzky taking his first shifts in the pros: not as polished as some as the vets at this point but can already do things the vets can never or will ever be able to do.
    Very well put. I like it.
    10-26-11 12:40 PM
    I'm loving it! Perfect size. I was hesitant because of all the peer pressure that I got to buy the iPad but this thing is exactly what I wanted.

And the bridge capability is pure awesomeness!
    10-27-11 12:09 PM
    This is hysterical.
    10-27-11 12:10 PM
    congrats enjoy your playbook

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 06:15 PM
    like the inflated iphone
    For clarification, what is an "inflated iPhone"?

Congrats to the OP though, played with a PB again in Staples today and as soon as it has native email and such (OS 2) I think I'll be seriously considering buying my own. The size is perfect and the screen is beautiful.
    10-27-11 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD