PlayBook number 2 was picked up today off Kijiji for $125. All original everything in pure MINT condition. 16GB with rapid charging dock. I think I did well for that price. Just started using it before putting on my extra case, and I realized something. I love the feel of the PlayBook with no case. This is how it was designed to be used. Almost half the weight without a case. The feel of the back where my finger tips rest is just nice. The look without the extra bulk. Plus the dock was designed for a caseless PlayBook. I think I will keep this one naked for around the house. I was considering offering this to my wife, but I think I want it for myself. Any good excuses to rationalize this? I already have one with the mini keyboard. I'm not selfish am I?
    justs4yin likes this.
    08-10-12 09:04 PM
    Go for it!!!

Why rationalise your enjoyment!!!
    08-10-12 09:35 PM
    Glad you are enjoying holding a naked PlayBook
    08-11-12 05:47 AM
    Great deal...enjoy. Now you can multi-task while multi-tasking.

What's to rationalize?

My 32gb is in a silicone case and goes with me in the truck, to work, on vacation, or just out in my yard.

My "naked" 16gb is in it's dock, on my entertainment center at the ready for indoor use or to connect to my tv via hdmi or stream music via bluetooth to my home theater.
    08-11-12 06:07 AM
    PlayBook number 2 was picked up today off Kijiji for $125. All original everything in pure MINT condition. 16GB with rapid charging dock. I think I did well for that price. Just started using it before putting on my extra case, and I realized something. I love the feel of the PlayBook with no case. This is how it was designed to be used. Almost half the weight without a case. The feel of the back where my finger tips rest is just nice. The look without the extra bulk. Plus the dock was designed for a caseless PlayBook. I think I will keep this one naked for around the house. I was considering offering this to my wife, but I think I want it for myself. Any good excuses to rationalize this? I already have one with the mini keyboard. I'm not selfish am I?
    I have to agree with you I'm in construction and my playbook sits in it's otterbox all day love the protection I just hate the bulk so yes I like my playbook naked as much possible might sound a little sick but I will cop to it. And as to how to break it to the wife can't help you with that but enjoy I'm thinking of getting a 2nd .
    I'm going to have to check out that Site sounds like you got a great deal.
    08-11-12 06:31 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, Kijiji is Canada's version of Craigslist, even though we have Craigslist too. It's just so much easier to use IMHO and there is more stuff on it, at least in my area.

Good news, the wife isn't interested in the PlayBook anyway. She has her "i" stuff that she likes. So yippie for me and naked PlayBooks everywhere!
    esk369 likes this.
    08-11-12 10:00 PM
    "...Plus the dock was designed for a caseless PlayBook..."
    Yeah even their gelskin has to be removed, for the their dock.

Wish they could ah designed the bottom portion so it could be 'dropped' onto the charging dock w/o removal of (mine blue) gel skin.

nite !
    08-11-12 11:38 PM
    I wish there was some kind of adapter that came with the docking stations that would allow for keeping skins and cases on stuff. For both the PB and the phones. I've been wanting a dock for my 9800 for a long time but it's a pain to skin off the Otterbox all the time.

Of course when I do take the cases off my devices I must agree, naked feels best. Especially with my Torch. It feels like it weighs nothing when naked.
    esk369 likes this.
    08-12-12 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD